Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osuna

[CT] Iron Tager vs. Bang

So far I've just been duking it out with Bangs, I block mix ups and cross ups the best I can and use every opportunity I see for damage. There just aren't enough things I Know I can punish/beat. I feel like everyone else has obvious moments where can go, Ah-ha! It doesn't help that I don't play the match up very often either. I end up playing against him like everyone else minus character specific adjustments. So if anyone knows anything at all about the match up, it'd be a step up for me.

So far I've just been duking it out with Bangs, I block mix ups and cross ups the best I can and use every opportunity I see for damage. There just aren't enough things I Know I can punish/beat. I feel like everyone else has obvious moments where can go, Ah-ha!

It doesn't help that I don't play the match up very often either. I end up playing against him like everyone else minus character specific adjustments.

So if anyone knows anything at all about the match up, it'd be a step up for me.

Watch for that retarded crossup with the kick.

Barrier him away for breathing room. If you expect flying nails, sledge them. It's risky but effective if they try to airdash-> nail for pressure.

Be patient, 360b punish his "counter" moves if your confident you can catch him.

I have not experimented with backdash->360 yet, but I have hit it on a few Bang's who were kinda scrubby but did apply pressure.

If he goes super bang annyoing music, spark bolt rapes him.

I was playing a Bang for a while earlier today. He wasn't great, but he did apply pretty good pressure. I found the best way to ever get any hits in was to throw throw throw. I'm fairly certain his drive attacks have a moment of invincibility, so don't get too hasty if you see him pause for a moment; you'll probably eat a drive attack.

The Bang I fought really liked Bang Install. I really liked it when he activated it and immediately dashed into my open hand for a 720. I'm sure that put a damper on his day.

I was playing a Bang for a while earlier today. He wasn't great, but he did apply pretty good pressure. I found the best way to ever get any hits in was to throw throw throw. I'm fairly certain his drive attacks have a moment of invincibility, so don't get too hasty if you see him pause for a moment; you'll probably eat a drive attack.

The Bang I fought really liked Bang Install. I really liked it when he activated it and immediately dashed into my open hand for a 720. I'm sure that put a damper on his day.

Are you sure there is invulnerability and not just the autoguard?

I want to say that's all it is, but I really have no confidence.

His D moves have no invincibility they only auto guard various high, mid, low strikes. So he can be thrown out of all of them. After blocking 2C you can jab him out of any of his follow up attacks except 623B, which if you know he's going to do you can block and punish with a 360.

His D moves have no invincibility they only auto guard various high, mid, low strikes. So he can be thrown out of all of them.

After blocking 2C you can jab him out of any of his follow up attacks except 623B, which if you know he's going to do you can block and punish with a 360.

That's exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to find, now I just have to learn to correspond bangs moves with their inputs^^'. I'll get on that in the morning.

His D moves have no invincibility they only auto guard various high, mid, low strikes. So he can be thrown out of all of them.

After blocking 2C you can jab him out of any of his follow up attacks except 623B, which if you know he's going to do you can block and punish with a 360.

Any non retarded bang player can use a blockstring that allows only the edge of 623b to connect so it can go unpunished.

Ah, my apologies, no invincibility, just autoguard. Of course, that's good news, because that gives them a season pass to Grab City. :toot:

Also, don't forget about the fact that you can cancel into throws from normals. Very useful when his Drive eats one of your pokes and you react in time.

Just played about 20 matches with AtTheGates's Bang online, first time to play a Bang that knows what he's doing and his rushdown really rapes me, guess i have to work on learning those blockstrings and IB more to try to counter. But the real thing where i'm at loss is Furinkazan, i have seriously no idea on how to deal with it, when he enters it, i don't see what i can do except random shot or spinny and hoping he'll get hit when he dashes. I'd like to say i can sit there, block and punish but this is not possible as he's way to fast, when you block there are way to much possibilities for him, especially in the corner as Tager can still be crossed-up there. Any ideas?

This match up is kinda annoying cause he has the ability to cross up and a lot of people start his combo's off with jumping C. I'm glad he doesn't have too many overheads, but all of his combo's after blocking leave him very hard to punish. They know the exact opportunities to charge in at you and his needles make it easy for him to approach.

Well, now that I'm used to the rush down kinda sorta, I spend all day blocking. I do get a lot of damage off everything I land, but I can't really consider anything I do a character specific thing. Still playing normally.

Any one know that if bang is magnetized and he does one of his drive attacks can he still be pulled in?Like i mean pulled in as he's doing drive attacks?I'm sorry if i come across as lazy it's just that my buddy is borrowing my copy of the game right now.

Any one know that if bang is magnetized and he does one of his drive attacks can he still be pulled in?Like i mean pulled in as he's doing drive attacks?I'm sorry if i come across as lazy it's just that my buddy is borrowing my copy of the game right now.

I'm pretty sure he can be moved during them. I'm not 100% sure, but I played like 40 matches of this match up recently and my vague recollection says he doesn't stop when he does a D.

This match up is annoying for me because I seem to Have to block his mix ups and cross ups and then try to fight him when I get some space. And I have a lot of moves that can be D's on reaction so I can't play like normal.

His dashes during Furikazan are not affected by magnetism. :^(

This.

I dunno if Mike knew it before, but when he watched me play against a Furikazan'd bang and I kept going for a heat grab/jD nothing was happening, he knew for sure then.. Good info to know for the future.

Spark Bolt still rapes Furikazan'd Bang.

bang player here. if the bangs you play against do not abuse j.4C all that much and instead go for the more conventional ground rushdown, i suggest you program this in practice: dashing 5A,5B,2B, 2369D, land, repeat. you can exchange the 5A for a 2A, or add a 5C after the 5A for bang's standard mixup options. 2B is one of the few moves bang can jump cancel on block, so most bangs will try to cram that one into their blockstrings. be prepared for an instant block. if the bang uses 5A,5C, there is a huge gap - you can throw in between, backdash, whatever. if he uses 5A,5B,5C, there is no gap, but barrier guard pushes bang so far away that the 5C will whiff -> easy punishment.

Just played a bunch of matches against a bang, kept the pressure on me the entire time. I never saw an opportunity to punish at all. The only time i laid damage down was when i got lucky grabs/360s or spark bolted into a 720. They seem to do damage then run back before i can return the favor and continue to do so at an annoying rate. Any advice?

yeah I feel ya this match up is a pain. The only thing I've gotten from it was to watch for his j.4C cross up. He can do like a pressure string into j.4C which happens faster then you can say "BIG SOVIET DAMAGE!!" I'm always looking at his nail count hoping he runs out but before that happens I'm K.O'd. Don't get to play against them much so can't really give any good advice. Just watch for cross ups. x.x

This is a hard match for Tager :( Online I just stay in the air all day against Tager and I'm almost NEVER right in front of him when he's getting up. A good Bang will try to avoid being in 360/720 range. Though if you just try to normally grab him out of his drives, he can still buffer grab breaks during his drives. I believe 360 should still work though. I don't know what to say. Spark Bolt gets me a lot from good Tagers. Also well placed Sledges. His air attacks are pretty easily auto-guarded since Bang can just do it on reaction. I don't really know what to say for Tager, it is a pretty dumb matchup for him with the lack of anti-air

I'm having a ridiculously hard time in this matchup since I started facing "Bang pros." People keep saying IB then punish, but where to IB is the question. His pressure game just seems ridiculous. What's the matchup numbers look like for this one? Is it really 6-4?!

This match is a pain for me (but not as bad as Taokaka :psyduck: ). I don't really know if what I am about to suggest is sound advise but I find myself doing this against Bang a lot.......... - I use barrier to push him away while he does his strings. I try to punish accordingly. - Use Jump C or D to stop him from rush in from the air - Many many many throw combos - Magna-Tech Wheel is your friend in this match.