Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Osuna

[CT] Iron Tager vs. Bang

The only thing I seem to be able to do against a really good Bang player is to be extremely patient and try to stay alive until he runs out of nails, at which point his pressure against me becomes somewhat less of a problem. I also generally try to stop his aerial advances with j.C or j.D, but it doesn't always work. Something I REALLY need to stop doing is j.2C, because he'll counter with a drive on reaction every single time. Once he's out of nails and I've got him magnetized, that's usually when I'm in my best position to try to make a comeback.

these are several things i gathered by bang... 1. bang is throwable...i mean way more easy to throw than you think...360's not exactly but stand throws yes...if you block his string and he goes for auto guard then you have a shot to 360 react. 2. is crossups are more annoying than anything, you can block last second or jump in the air to ruin it. 3. bang will chances are 2D on wake up...very annoying if he does this...throw his ass. 4. never let bang start star pressure...star pressure is something that you dont avoid then it never ends. 5. his DD gets beat by 5D...i got a replay of it, i lol'd. ok thats me screwing with you. *real 5. if he does his DD out of nowhere then block it or 720 the douchebag. 6. spinny super is your friend, it beats his auto-guard. good gentlemen.

pretty much everything in that post is terrible advice except 6 which is situationally good advice because magna tech wheel actually beats i believe all variations of bangs teleports (im too lazy to check but it beats teleport far and behind i forgot the other one) in drive if he is magnetized and otherwise beats teleport behind you (720 loses to both teleports). it is seriously getting to the point where i think there are 5 people on dustloop actually qualified to give tager advice....

pretty much everything in that post is terrible advice except 6 which is situationally good advice because magna tech wheel actually beats i believe all variations of bangs teleports (im too lazy to check but it beats teleport far and behind i forgot the other one) in drive if he is magnetized and otherwise beats teleport behind you (720 loses to both teleports).

it is seriously getting to the point where i think there are 5 people on dustloop actually qualified to give tager advice....

hmm, i'll go back to the drawing board then.

This fight is disgusting for tager. As a bang player, The only time I really end up losing is when I get hit by something incredibly risky like mashing 2c in pressure gaps or a tager mashing throws to punish my while landing strings because I just don't expect things like that. Sucks for me I suppose. I certainly wouldn't advocate either avenue if you're playing a competant bang. As far as advise goes: you can ib bang's 5b and 360a between his 5b, 2b pressure. You can ib 2b and a sledge through d nails if bang tries to rush back in without a drive move. You can ib and spinny super through: 5a -> 2a, 2a -> 5b, 5b -> 2b, and 2b -> 2c gatlings. Of course, every place you can spinny super you can backdash, so make a note of that. Basically just ib and bank on spinny super. Those are the safest routes.

id rather 720 after an IB, theres way more ways to counter spinny super if you're just doing string interruption. obviously you dont want to IB 720 if bangs going to do TK nails or something though. but if its 5 -> 2B or whatever, 720 ahoy. too bad ib 720 is hard enough offline, let alone xbox live. : (

It is seriously getting to the point where i think there are 5 people on dustloop actually qualified to give tager advice....

Agreed. Also, there are almost no great Tagers on XBL anyway. Seriously, me and McSoap seem to be the only decent ones that I've seen. 98% of them can't even do a simple backdash to 720. Where are they all hiding?

Kensk, I've never seen you in a room or anything. Jiyuna told me you were pretty much the only other decent Tager he's fought. I might have to look you up pretty soon...

Agreed. Also, there are almost no great Tagers on XBL anyway. Seriously, me and McSoap seem to be the only decent ones that I've seen. 98% of them can't even do a simple backdash to 720. Where are they all hiding?

Kensk, I've never seen you in a room or anything. Jiyuna told me you were pretty much the only other decent Tager he's fought. I might have to look you up pretty soon...

hey! im sub decent. :(

stupid backdash 720 gives me problems online.

and a good tager on xbl is bubble zomg look him up...

bang player here,couple of tips: *dont elbowdrop(leads to 2D> bangs combo of choice) *magnetism can work in bangs favor, if he knows what he is doing.

hey! im sub decent. :(

stupid backdash 720 gives me problems online.

and a good tager on xbl is bubble zomg look him up...

Hey me and sol are going to have to take offense to that i got faith there are a few good tagers out there i know we have had some epic battles.

I was a lot better before school came back.

And backdash 720 is only easy on stick i think.

I do it on the 360 dpad fine. I pretty much have no problems doing it out of any of his moves aside from 5/2A.

i can backdash 720, i just don't..for some reason i just do 360A or B punish...time to add it.

I do it on the 360 dpad fine. I pretty much have no problems doing it out of any of his moves aside from 5/2A.

Im sorry, I didn't know i've never tried tager on the 360 controller.

doing the 720 legit I find easier on the 360 controller but with the gimpy method its about the same for me, but then again I still play 360 controller more than stick so who knows regardless you should be able to do it out of backdash.

What do u guys do against a Bang doing 8D as an anti buster/collider? Backdash 360 fails since he recovers faster and does another 6D lol.. I know you can time 360A at the end of the move and catch him but is there another solution which is more reliable?

I love how throughout this whole thread, this is the valuable information: Magnetism < FRKZ Spark Bolt > FRKZ IB Bang's 5B for 360/720. MTW on 2B since he may TK Nails. On block 2C you can pretty much grab for free unless they 623B. 360 his j.D when he lands. Is there nothing else we can do? Matchup makes me :vbang:

I love how throughout this whole thread, this is the valuable information:

Magnetism < FRKZ

Spark Bolt > FRKZ

IB Bang's 5B for 360/720. MTW on 2B since he may TK Nails.

On block 2C you can pretty much grab for free unless they 623B.

360 his j.D when he lands.

Is there nothing else we can do?

Matchup makes me :vbang:

XYH the cross up J.C for free meter, hell if you got brilliant timing you can back dash or A sledge the nails, you can also air grab if you smell J.D and remember 360/720>D shit.

this has probably been said already but after the 2B in bang's bnb combo he will usually jump after that if you blocked it and attempt to cross up, i use 2c into collider to prevent that. Only problem is eventually they will figure it out and start to randomly cross up, and from there its all a guessing game. Sometimes they will just jump cancel into nails but you can 720 afterwards though. Honestly this match-up sucks either way lol

Well... I guess I'll point out something small here... If you predict that during his pressure, he's going to use the nails, sledge his ass (That might be obvious, however, thinking about that more gives you a slighter advantage). As you guys already know, that one Nail Super he has is mostly useful against Tager specifically and if you don't sledge out of there, chances are he's going to do his Command Grab, so be wary. I haven't faced my friend enough to know alot about Bang, but just as much as that, though, this stuff sounds a little obvious. Bleckh, hope it helps though