Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MashThat5A

[CF] Taokaka Loketest Information

11 hours ago, cowtron said:

For anyone who cares

thank u very much!
what we see from this point is that standing confirm gives just 1200dmg combo. Seems like there is no "fuzzy" loop of any kind... Very bad
crouch confirm combos were dropped several times after j236B or maybe undiscovered still, damage is poor.

last hit of 3c is cancelable into 236C - in corner catches rolls or delayed wake up

Seems Tao got significally nerfed, only Rachel is worse

Lots of footage out now, will try and stamp and post to help all the kakas still here. Maybe now's the best time to req. a Video thread?

Thanks,

TT

Here's a Tao midscreen combo. It may work on the whole cast? I'll test it out on smaller characters later. Her crouching hit confirms may be where the damage is at.....maybe.

For the instant-encore, you just do the  236A and quickly cancel into B. I don't think it's safe on block, but I'll test it out later.

Tao allegedly got a HP buff to 10K.

Is there a reason a lot of people are placing Tao low on CF tier lists? She looks uniformly better to me.

Well I didn't exactly save them, but being the week one and prior tier lists that they were, I'm 99% certain they were flawed. There was also a blurb about how critical the changes to j.B and 5C were, but I think this was before some other changes came to light as well. I'd be much more interested to know what the people here think about best cat in CF, since I'm seriously considering switching mains to her and I can hardly find any dialogue on her elsewhere.

Also I'm sure many of you have seen by now but everyone's favorite Jourdal has posted a Tao combo vid on his channel~!

On 09.01.2016 at 0:57 PM, Myoro said:

Well I didn't exactly save them, but being the week one and prior tier lists that they were, I'm 99% certain they were flawed. There was also a blurb about how critical the changes to j.B and 5C were, but I think this was before some other changes came to light as well. I'd be much more interested to know what the people here think about best cat in CF, since I'm seriously considering switching mains to her and I can hardly find any dialogue on her elsewhere.

Also I'm sure many of you have seen by now but everyone's favorite Jourdal has posted a Tao combo vid on his channel~!

This video is long ago inside my Tao`s google docs, as well as many-many combos and notes.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qf-UXP1v1q1MIVE1FO9iT7iasxZjPvhszzrSiQzvHkI/edit

In my opinion Tao is rank A, somewhere in the middle of this rank or even close to bottom -___-
She doesnt have insane damage off any normal like Azrael or Jin
But she is very strong character, loop removed but she`s been given more variable pressure, some nice shinanigans.
Dramatic change to jC makes her neutral much more better! Seems u can combo off of it at any air height, unlike u had problems with jB and jC in CPE.
More viable hitbox for jC also empowers her neutral. Seems like its close to Ragna`s jC, so u dont need to time jC while falling down to hit crouching opp.
SMP OD combos are gone and i`m glad, i never was even close to mastering any of it in CPE, so new simple OD combos its just what i need, but does it worth it for Tao, a character without meterless reversals, to spend Burst for OD, when she can be easily killed.... BTW i heard Tao now has 9500 hp.
jB is a new beast, it will help u win air-to-air against Hakumens jC, j2C, or Ragna`s air normals, and u dont need to time it as precise as it was earlier, but i rarely see it being done in videos, cause hit confirm seems to be pretty hard -___-
Her damage of forward throw (with or w/o corner) is beyond average, pretty much one of the highest, so, more throwing now?)

What Tao really lacks is usability of her 6D~, 5D~ midscreen as combo starters. Hard to time, bad hitboxs, hard-to-confirm combos unless u pretty sure its gonna hit.

Tao is really fun this version. As for J.b it's good for corner crossups, when you get an air hit usually just J.c into 2d combo route works fine. 

If you don't see the character being discussed you can always start topics of discussion!

Also there's a Tao Discord now, but that's kinda barren at the moment. More another format to discuss the character within, which truthfully doesn't solve the underlying problem of why she's not being discussed.

But really, if there's anything you'd like to talk about with this character I'm always game for it! New ideas or rehashing old concepts or dilemmas, strike up a dialogue about one of the characters I main/sub and I'm there.