Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corbenik

Gauging Interest on the SKD Style Video Thread

Thread in question. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11074-%5BCPEX%5D-Izayoi-Video-Posting---Analysis-%26-Discussion-Thread

I was thinking of starting a similar thread for Bullet. One one hand I do think this style of write up is a lot more useful than posting however many matches pop up, and I do think skd's reasoninghttp://tl.gd/n_1sn5nbu for doing it that way is sound.

On the other hand, the problems I see with trying it for Bullet are

-we don't have anyone nearly as knowledgeable as skd (or as good)

-the best western Bullets that I'm aware of don't frequent the forum

-the best Bullet to watch (as far as I can tell, Uido) probably just isn't that great in comparison to top players

-these write ups are very long so they take quite a bit of effort to write and slightly less effort to read

So I just wanted to do an interest check of how many people would be interested in reading and how many people would be interested in writing. Would you guys be okay with lower level analysis from people like me, or would you want better players to do the match writeups. That kind of thing.

As I said in the site discussion thread, I love this idea to death and would gladly see something like this in our subforum. Sure, neither the footage we have nor the players that stop by are perfect, but we have to start somewhere. The write-ups don't even have to be that long, just enough to spark discussion. I believe that every match has something you can learn from, it's just that you have to know what to look for well. For example, if we take a video of a rare match-up, we would have a lot to discuss even if the Bullet player didn't do too well.

-the best Bullet to watch (as far as I can tell, Uido) probably just isn't that great in comparison to top players

0 is the best Bullet to watch but footage of him is like non existent so we're pretty much SOL.

As for the idea itself, personally I'm not too fond of it for many reasons that are best kept to myself. Overall, I think it would be much more fruitful if people just make more of an effort to have more match discussion and discussion in general in the gameplay thread. But if you guys like the idea, I think you guys should go for it. I won't participate but I wish you the best of luck with it!