Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corbenik

New Player Looking to Get Started

I pretty much just want to know what my most common confirms will/should be. Am I looking to mostly be hitting with f.s when I have swords? When I don't should I be mainly focusing on getting a set sword hit and confirming the combo with dauro? As far as meter usage is concerned, is there something I should be specifically spending it on or is that a stylistic choice?

Things I've gathered that I'd like corrected if I'm wrong.

From the few matches I've played, Ram seems to be strongest in the air while swordless.

If I don't do the kk4k ender I can only set one sword.

The command grab can be used pretty much any time a throw can and is preferable.

I pretty much just want to know what my most common confirms will/should be. Am I looking to mostly be hitting with f.s when I have swords? When I don't should I be mainly focusing on getting a set sword hit and confirming the combo with dauro? As far as meter usage is concerned, is there something I should be specifically spending it on or is that a stylistic choice?

From the few matches I've played, Ram seems to be strongest in the air while swordless.

The command grab can be used pretty much any time a throw can and is preferable.

1) Ramlethal sucks without her swords unless you have asserted a lot of dominance over your opponent.

2) Using only 1 sword for oki is okay if you know what setup you want to do.

3) Your command throw is 10 frames slower than a normal throw and has almost the same range although it pays off a lot more.

On that first one I was trying to say that when Ram doesn't have swords, she seems strongest in the air. It was a really unclear way to say it. My bad.

Well it's not so much she's strongest in the air as much as it's harder to catch people who are super jumping and trying to retrieve their swords actually.

First off you need to find your preferences in style some likes swords equip some just likes to throw them away asap. Most however do throw them both out in corner but it is preference.

Your main confirm? Well ram doesn't have much neutral confirm if at all. You can really only confirm off mix up but in neutral f.s only combos on crouching and ch standing and even then you won't have much time so f.s dauro is almost auto pilot, or you can f.s without going into dauro but other pressure however forgoing a possible confirm.

Answering some question.

Air play works where your opponent doesn't have a strategy to deal with it but if you opponent does most ram players can feel lost in their next step.

For okizeme you can use various corner mix up, as you don't need kk4k to be effective since most of her option is good. But to be very good most people use several option because people can adapt if you just have 2 to 3 mix up option where a 4th or 5th option can open your opponent more. Again just don't be predictable.

Her command grab is probably the worst out of those with a cmd since it comes with no addition stats like throw invul or start up and in ggxrd players can not be thrown for xx amount of frames coming out of hit or block stun so the minimal is 5 frames where your opponent can not be throw thus making you a victim of your own mix up.

Like often you won't be able to counter throw zato cmd grab due to extended throw range making him capable of grabbing their 6hs hit box.

In the end ram cmd throw pay off is bigger but your normal mix up are already great so there is no need but having more option is a plus.

Tension usage and tension management. The usage is straight forward, you can yrc for better confirm, neutral and mix up. Most ram player often use it for neutral and mix up although I would put more emphasis on better confirms for position and damage.

You see people not using rc for 2kk or 5ppp on hit both of which are valid. However it is a choice.

c.S 2D 623P, 4PPP1KK and airdash chains into c.S 623P are going to be your most common hit confirms. f.S is an easy poke to get around, so don't base your entire neutral game around it. 5P, 6P, 3K, 2S, 2H,  jP, jS, jH, j5/8/2D along with f.S are all going to be your neutral game normals.

There isn't really a clear answer as to when you should be summoning swords in neutral, everyone seems to have their own method. Its really dependent on the matchup and how you've conditioned your opponent. Summoning or recalling in blockstrings or off a blocked f.S is generally what I stick to. In the corner you'll want to find some way to put them between both swords so you can constantly reset pressure.

You should be able to set both swords without a 4K ender. Not sure what combo you're doing but something simple with both swords would be: PPP wall splat > c.S 5H 6S 66 delayed c.S 66 c.S 2D 6H 9j2S. Late airdash into jK jH, or land 6K/2D.