Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hitboks

Steam alive at all?

New to fighting games, just got USF4 on Steam, but also want to try some animu games. Is Blazblue on Steam alive at all or would I just be throwing away 30 dollars?

The Steam version of BB:CS:EX (the latest game available on that platform) has a small but dedicated community playing it. My girlfriend and a couple of her friends are always playing it. There will be days where you won't find anyone. But there will be days where you'll find a small group of people who will keep playing for hours. 

https://steamdb.info/app/294810/graphs/

In the last 24 hours it has had 38 players, 27 are still playing right now. 

However, if you want to play BB on Steam, you should do one of 2 things. 

1. Wait for a sale. Games go on sale all the time and BB is one of those franchises that goes on decent sales. You could get CS:EX for 10-15 dollars instead of 30. 

2. Wait for CP:EX to release on Steam. We have no idea when that will be, could be a year, could be next month. But we know Aksys has a dedicated Steam team and they have a line of games that they plan to add on Steam. It would be an absolute waste of time on their part if they didn't plan to add their 2 biggest titles to Steam (CP:EX and GGXrd)

It's also worth nothing that the majority of people you face in the PC version will be pretty decent at the game. So if that type of competition puts you off, maybe reconsider. 

The issue is that the BB on steam is a 3+ year old game. It'd be like getting Super SF4 when Ultra is already out, in a way.

The issue is that the BB on steam is a 3+ year old game. It'd be like getting Super SF4 when Ultra is already out, in a way.

It's not the same BB though.  If anything it's more like getting Third Strike.  

Yeeeaaa...

That's more than enough reason to just play the PS3 version instead I suppose. Would've preferred to play on PC because I mostly play on PC in general but getting beat repeatedly as a new player is discouraging enough so I'll go ahead and avoid adding the element of getting beat repeatedly by the exact same three dozen people. If the PC version ever gets updated to the current version maybe I'll switch to Steam then.

Thanks for the advice regardless.

Gonna bump this thread cause no reason to make a new one.

I just got BB CP:EX on steam and I'm looking for any groups or sparing partners. I know it only came out less than a month ago but I'm wondering if there is an online scene for it yet.

I heard the game has some broken things like hitstop not being the same as in the arcade/console version.

How's it true?

I found the discord and there is a subsection for steam and its pretty active. As for the hitstop not being the same I would not be the one to know that, sorry.