Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jjuice

AC Millia Matchups!

I see that there are combos, Frame data and video threads for AC Millia, So I figured that there should be one for Millia matchups. Although I just started playing GG I dont know any of her matchups to start this thread off:(. So dose anyone know what Woshige or Rena have to say about Her Matchups in AC?

Will get vids up in a few days. However my Millia was still not solid enough. It was said that I wasted alot of jK CHs and do reckless Secret Gardens on knockdown. Tourney was fun though, hope I get regular competition in the future.

Okay, I'm being totally selfish but can you guys hit me up with a quick reference as to what I should be making habits of when playing Millia? I'm going to a tourney this weekend and want to be as ready as possible. I'm asking for: -Match-up advice against -Sol -Slayer -Ky -Reliable pressure strings/oki Thanks in advance.:psyduck:

Thanks ya'll! I do pretty decent against Ky, but Sol/Order-Sol blow my mind and Slayer is invincible lol. I can't tell you how many times he's 6p'd through Emerald Rain.:sad: I hope to do Millia justice at this tourney and drape in some Arcana.

Just to be clear, you should never ever use Emerald Rain outside of comboing after 5HS that's too far to be 2D'ed into or after a hit 6K. Never ever. Save the tension for DAAs or S disc FRCs, or even your other super.

Really? I thought it was good to use in blockstrings that push you far away to keep them blocking. I hate using Winger unless absolutely necessary, too much risk.

Really? I thought it was good to use in blockstrings that push you far away to keep them blocking. I hate using Winger unless absolutely necessary, too much risk.

Winger is only safe if you have 75% Tension (50% for Winger, 25% for FRC to keep you safe), and the Tension usage isn't even worth it.

The only use for Winger I've seen in high level play is during Secret Garden traps where the Millia player used the super freeze from Winger to let the ball move while the opponent cannot move (same concept behind Dizzy's Ice Spike into her Flame super)...

tgs: i use winger in such a way =D also, the most damaging combos millia has in ac are off the winger super (i shit you not), but they are much more situational. Tension is usually spent ground FB disc for oki, longinus for when a ground slash disc won't hit or can't come out because of other discs on the screen, and air FB disc for combos, cross-ups, and frame-traps (this move is beautiful). I use tension for badmoon FRC and HAIR CAR FRC j.K mixup as well. I rarely use 236S -> FRC unless they block my mixup or to bait DAA and BURST while still getting a mixup afterwards should neither of those 2 things happen.

I've been messing with bad moon frcs too. I'll do things like blocked bad moon, frc, iad j.k,.j.p, blah blah until I hit the ground or blocked bad moon frc, s pin, iad s, adc s, land, pressure srting of choice. I don't think I'll ever be able to commit to Winger over ER tho.

Do you mean the wall bounce into relaunch ADC ones?

yes, double relaunch after 2H -> super does around 260 on sol for 50%

I've been messing with bad moon frcs too. I'll do things like blocked bad moon, frc, iad j.k,.j.p, blah blah until I hit the ground or blocked bad moon frc, s pin, iad s, adc s, land, pressure srting of choice. I don't think I'll ever be able to commit to Winger over ER tho.

TK badmoon -> FRC, ad.S into either land 2K or ad.S is pretty bangin.

remember, you can also do TK badmoon -> 214KPS(FRC) if they start IB'ing your badmoons and airthrowing (which despite the frc, is still punishable... unless you do the pin trick, which also gives you more time to decide on a ADC or a land into throw/2K by watching their stance.)

Also note, badmoon FRC into an air FB disc is a dirty dirty trick to bait DAA and burst (though in some situations, it's not safe)... you can also use it if you land in the corner with the opponent knocked down next to you (away from the corner), and do tk badmoon(whiff cross up) FRC 236D or non-whiff into ad.236D for a crossup.

yes, double relaunch after 2H -> super does around 260 on sol for 50%

TK badmoon -> FRC, ad.S into either land 2K or ad.S is pretty bangin.

remember, you can also do TK badmoon -> 214KPS(FRC) if they start IB'ing your badmoons and airthrowing (which despite the frc, is still punishable... unless you do the pin trick, which also gives you more time to decide on a ADC or a land into throw/2K by watching their stance.)

Also note, badmoon FRC into an air FB disc is a dirty dirty trick to bait DAA and burst (though in some situations, it's not safe)... you can also use it if you land in the corner with the opponent knocked down next to you (away from the corner), and do tk badmoon(whiff cross up) FRC 236D or non-whiff into ad.236D for a crossup.

Hmmm. Yea, I've been doing the badmoon frc into the ad.s follow up or s pin ad. s follow up. That fb disc thing sounds pretty ballin'. What is this double relaunch combo now?

I got raped by Baiken at my first tuorney lol. It was Slash though (not that that matters lol). You'll get there, gotta start somewhere right?

Also, not to derail the conversation (I'd also be interested in hearing Johnny tips from people who know what they're talking about more than I do) but to go back a bit....

With the force break disc u have enough time to get off 2 really good mixups. One of them should hit.

Could you please elaborate on that? My personal experience is that the FB disc doesn't offer quite as good mix-up potential as the regular disc for things like oki OTG trap setup, because it goes active a little quicker (less time to change sides or something) and the hits are rapid enough that blocking one will auto-block the other two. (You guys were familiar with that, right? How if you're hit again while in blockstun or if it's quickly enough or something, you automatically block despite controller input, crossup, etc. for pretty much everything except high/low mix-up? Here's a vid where I'm pretty sure A.B.A. accidentally takes advantage of that to block Mist Finer despite having mist on her at about 1:05.) If they're in the middle of blocking the FB disc, you have to employ high/low mixup to catch them (crossup doesn't work due to auto-block and throw doesn't due to not being able to throw someone actively being hit or blocking,) and if they block low by default, pretty much the only overhead you can do that's fast enough to not be blocked high on reaction is TK Bad Moon. At least, unless I'm wrong about that?

No you're not. However, the FB disc touts other advantages as well, like raising guard gauge and being 1 hit level higher than regular discs. It also goes active faster and you recover faster setting an FB disc than a HS disc which means you can set a disc at some instances you may not be able to regularly. As for your current problem of mixing up using an FB disc, there are still plenty of ways to mix up. You can go for the immediate low/high, or jump mixup (jump, falling j.S either into land 2S or adc j.K), or Turbo Fall FRC mixups (iAD back, TF FRC j.K or TF FRC 2S; 50% tension total), btw). Also if you do set it in time you do have time for *a* crossup, either an immediate iAD or with a TK FB disc (50% total also). Remember so long as you've broken their guard once using a mixup you've already set a precedent so build your mindfucks around it.