Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jjuice

AC Millia Matchups!

I wish Millia could deal holy hell damage off any random hit ala Jam and Slayer.:sad:

I think that's what makes Millia so delicious. I've run into other players that complain that Millia is really cheap. She can be, if the player can play as her right. Watch videos on Youtube, especially with the player Namazuma (or something like that) he's considered one of the most consistent players.

You'll see that Millia doesn't have much strong random attacks. She's about messing the opponent up into combos (that can kill). Usually using her 2H to knock them into the air really helps with combos. My favorites are the K-Dust combos into K-S-H etc etc.

If you land the moves just right, you can just keep going and keeping your opponent aerial at the wall which can lead to so much different possibilities and combos. But you have to work at it.

I think that's what makes Millia so delicious. I've run into other players that complain that Millia is really cheap. She can be, if the player can play as her right. Watch videos on Youtube, especially with the player Namazuma (or something like that) he's considered one of the most consistent players.

You'll see that Millia doesn't have much strong random attacks. She's about messing the opponent up into combos (that can kill). Usually using her 2H to knock them into the air really helps with combos. My favorites are the K-Dust combos into K-S-H etc etc.

If you land the moves just right, you can just keep going and keeping your opponent aerial at the wall which can lead to so much different possibilities and combos. But you have to work at it.

Millia has no death combos without full guard guage, she does shit for damage. Her COMBOS are loooong and difficult, but the damage? Weak sauce. Her STRENGTH is in using pin/discs/SG to force a block during okiseme, which leads to free mixup that leads to knockdown + damage in the corner, again and again.

Millia has no death combos without full guard guage, she does shit for damage. Her COMBOS are loooong and difficult, but the damage? Weak sauce. Her STRENGTH is in using pin/discs/SG to force a block during okiseme, which leads to free mixup that leads to knockdown + damage in the corner, again and again.

Which is exactly why I hate when my one Venom friend says Millia's cheap. :confused: She takes quite some skill to get a handle of.

Which is exactly why I hate when my one Venom friend says Millia's cheap. :confused: She takes quite some skill to get a handle of.

A venom player calling millia cheap for having tools to continue and profit from her momentum?

I wonder why he plays venom then...

I could've used this info much sooner :( I played against a mash happy Bacon at a tournament

Absolutely not trying to answer the question legitimately because neither I nor anyone I play with are even close to tournament level, but just between me and my friends, my Millia's worst matchups are my friend's Potemkin (his Pot just stomps everyone, it's kind of sad) and Faust (which is weird--it doesn't seem like that should be a problem matchup, or at least I don't feel like he has any special advantages, but I can just never seem to win against him for some reason) and my other friend's Dizzy (who I can never get in on--she just catches me on the approach, takes about 40% of my health, and sends me back to the other side of the screen to try again.)

Definately Slayer, Jam is bearable unless she gets a FB puffball in your face. Then you just get up say good game n walk off. A good potemkin can be a nightmare for Millia, unless you can reversal backdash perfectly, or IB well. If you can get in though you can just laugh as you do all sorts of crazy shit on him. Massive hitboxes are fun. I have problems with Robo-ky n Johnny, oh and May for her "I'll do this lame loop, & I'll take 80% of your health in one go."

It's more like "I'll hit you 3 times and stun -> insta-kill" :vbang:

Man, fuck my friend's :AB:so hard for that. I usually don't get gamer rage, except when my attempts to play a decent match with mixup and oki and tactics and all that good stuff fall flat because he got lucky with that damn 6HS twice. Twice. Even Potemkin will let me get hit more than that and still have the whole match lost yet.

A bit overdue, but all matchup-related posts have been moved into the amazing Millia Matchups subforum. Please post there for any queries and comments on any particular matchups. Locking this thread for now to preserve the more useful posts.