Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corbenik

What Kind of Information Would You Like to See on the Wiki

Outside of frame data, which I just can't do. I can maybe do plus/minus stuff (I'm like 99% sure orange lock is always minus).

I started doing some editing on the wiki and realized that I might be making things worse by adding in example combos. My overall thought process was for each move give a basic use, "special use" (like the 2a > 4ab OS or j.c's safe jump properties), and a short list of combos on each move. I'm not sure if that style would be more readable or less readable than the current standard format. It would end up having fewer bullet points and more paragraphs in each move. I really don't want to start making changes people won't like though, so feedback on these ideas would be really helpful.

Outside of that I was thinking of adding in a section for serpentine. List of setups, when to use, when not to use, that kind of thing. Partially because it's really useful and partially because it's a really satisfying move to land and I think newer players would enjoy knowing when they can use it.

This strategy works wonders for me and I do believe it's necessary to be known since I don't see enough Bullet players apply it. Her drive alone acts as an intimidation factor considering its auto lock-on and has the option as a high, low, or mid if you're grounded but we're able to cancel it immediately with 4D grounded or in the air in order to bait or restart the pressure, we clearly don't need to burn the heat if we could preserve it. The drive cancel in the air ( jD ) is also very versatile as it stops aerial momentum after using 4D and you can reassess the situation as fit. This intimidation factor of hers really works wonders when playing with your opponent head, worked here and overseas when I used her as a main in 1.0 and 1.1. It shouldn't be that much different applying the same tactic in 2.0.

I went ahead and edited 2a on the wiki with how I'd have information displayed and what information I'd look to display. Comments, criticism, suggestions, etc would be helpful. Not really planning on continuing unless I'm sure this is what the subforum wants.

I think you should put the combos on it's own section, btw both combos are missing a 5D.

Could change the information on a few things:

Wardcut engage (5D > D). It's not bad, but there is always a better option. Only really used on OD combos.

Explode Engage (623D > 22D). It's not really bad now, just situational since you can 3C > 5D. Does good damage on combos started off 2a and it's an option for 623B or 2C.

Not sure if I should even speak my mind about what I'd like to see on the wiki, as I can just, you know, edit the wiki. But hey, no harm in discussing it.

Always keep in mind what the visitor would like to see, and how would they like the information to be structured. If I want to pick up a new character, I probably don't need to read a list of combos with every move, I just want to know their general use. Of course, I might think so because all the wikis so far have been structured this way. In any case, it seems that the wiki is currently going through some major rework, so this entire point might end up being moot very soon.

As for what info I would like to see there? All of it. As much as possible. It's obvious that people are more likely to check the wiki than visit the subforum, so it should have everything you need to pick up and get good with the character.

Went ahead and took the combos out. My thought process as a relatively new player was that if I wanted to learn a what can combo off of what move on a per move basis the current structure kind of makes it difficult. It's been something that frustrated me a lot with Ramlethal. Appreciate the feedback, and it definitely looks cleaner this way.

So right now I'm thinking that I'll be adding a bullet to a couple of moves, like j.b's side switching property and j.c's safe jump. Then I'll do a pressure section with midscreen, corner, resets, and serpentine sub sections. Eventually I'll try to get to the tedium of writing all of her combos. I think I'll try for a quick section explaining general combo theory and then just start listing. As far as combos go I'm planning on listing a easy combo and an "optimal" combo, where the optimal will be the most damaging that I'm aware of.

Do we know what changes they're making? Are they going to wipe the old wiki completely?

I actually like that layout a lot. Do we have a timeframe on it's implementation? Thanks for the link.

Consult Yohosie about that, he's the one who came up with it.