Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CT-CS2] Carl vs. Litchi

Carl vs Litchi:

Standing: 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B, 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B...

Crouching: 5B, 6B, J.2C, Alle~can...

Carl vs Litchi:

Standing: 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B, 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B...

Crouching: 5B, 6B, J.2C, Alle~can...

Iv tried this, she isnt tall enough for J.b to connect J.a works. But only for one hit

Iv tried this, she isnt tall enough for J.b to connect J.a works. But only for one hit

You have to use nee-san has a wall to do j.b

as far as i'm aware, you keep her active and and when you don't need a direction for your attack inputs you walk her towards you to keep the opponent pressed up against your attacks. It's not particularly easy... for me anyways. Pretty sure you can also do similar things in the corner by pushing yourself forward with Nirvana.

So correct me if i'm wrong but there's really very little we can do in this match except turtle and wait for her to screw up...

So correct me if i'm wrong but there's really very little we can do in this match except turtle and wait for her to screw up...

I fought my first good Litchi tonight and i agree...

Yeah I fought ATG. But the thing is I don't think he was playing the matchup appropriately. The fact that he rushed me down so much (almost recklessly sometimes) made things easy for me. It was from fighting him last night that I developed the opinion that this fight would be harder if he was more patient.

It was from fighting him last night that I developed the opinion that this fight would be harder if he was more patient.

Patient Litchi makes the match that much more difficult.

2C and (what's the input for the grounded move that wallbounces on CH) are deadly for zoning you.

With a patient Litchi, you'll see why it's a somewhat bad match up, given that EVERYTHING she has out zones/out ranges everything you have.

I haven't fought a "Good" Litchi yet, so I just rush her down with Fuoco/Volante as partial cover. Or IB Back dash her staff DP if she tries to rush me down. It also seems that Vivace may not be a good option for escape in this Match up either @_@. Her DP keeps hitting me even if I Vivace out of the corner.

If you're fighting a dumb litchi who likes to pressure with 3C -> Straight Through: Low you can actually vivace A around the staff on prediction (again see DUMB litchi c.c) and start whatever combo you so please, and as for IB-ing Tsubamegeishi, if u actualy IB it, as far as i can tell you can just 6B CH 22D -> whatever you want. they float for a good while and have a pretty long ground stun c.c. CH 6B when you can manage to squeeze it in is super brutal. FCH j.B brutal imo.

In my opinion if it weren't for small stanting hitbox & her microscopic crouchin hitbox it wouldn't be that bad of a match-up for lil carl. But then again -_- this hoe can start a 4k combo out of carls reach, who the hell she think she is Hak-man lol

^ This guy kicked me when I played patiently with Litchi.

Enjoy your timeouts cause that's what you're gonna get.

^ This guy kicked me when I played patiently with Litchi.

Enjoy your timeouts cause that's what you're gonna get.

lol.

Time out is going to be very frequent if you're both playing very patiently. (LIKE YOU SHOULD BE.)

I mean.. you can go for the whole win fast/lose fast thing, but that's hella risky.

Dunno why you'd want to start the match in that mindset. I do understand how sometimes it gravitates toward that though.

i just hate this match... i cant hit her.. fuck... i can rush her or try to get close.

What are the best carl normal? seem that spam j.a dosnt work very well xD

Cept litchi can mash out DP when caught in the sandwich. . .so carl players just try and make sure you know when that DP is coming otherwise your going to lose a big ass chunk of health.

On top of that, Litchi's crouching hitbox makes his 5A whiff, and she has a 3F jump to get out of pressure even easier... Yeah, Litchi's corner pressure is totally comparable to the threat Carl's sandwich loops pose to her.

Litchi is really good at baiting and/or punishing Vivace though. It's very risky, and I find myself resorting to counter assault instead when I'm stuck in the corner.

Even if Vivace works, at best we get out of pressure, whereas Litchi scores a free combo (into corner oki) off of her more reliable DP. I find the proposition that Carl's sandwich pressure = Litchi's corner pressure in this matchup to be preposterous.

Exactly. We bait DP's, she bait's vivace. Both of which are still good if they work though. So stalemate in that discussion.

Litchi has huge range. Range that makes it hard for Carl and Nirvana to get in. I think that is main reason why this matchup is in Litchi's favor. Other than that both of them have pressure that you have to respect, plus the both hit like tanks.

Soo since its CS2, Y not get this thread started again. Litchi & Carl both got a dmg nerf. Litchi's best pokes got a nerf so she lucky if she get 5k & even more lucky if she get u in the corner.

We also suffer from the Ada gauge nerf, but we still can do 4k mid screen & still get oki. This makes it even more dangerous if litchi recklessly uses her Dp. If we bait it she takes 3k-4k(Or the new loop) into a reset/Oki to do it all over again, however her pokes still do a hella of alot of dmg to Ada. So the question is how do we go in without Ada taking to much dmg.

Also wat are some of her punishable block strings. Knowing litchi players they'll stop using once they fail the 1st few times, they'll result to using some of her cross ups instead. So it be good to kno her jump cancelable moves, along with wat we can safely Viv-A or B out. The best offence is a good defense, so if we kno how to get out her pressure wat do we need to worry about, trying to catch her & if she is running she'll & ways to get in.