Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT-CS1] Whoa. HUGE. (Litchi Basics Thread - New Players Start Here - UPDATED for CS)

@Szcrith You're doing it too close to the corner. Try doing (from 2C ,jB, jC) D, 66, jB, jC (drop the 6C)tsubame 6C. I've gotten this to work on everyone except Carl 'cause I haven't tested it yet. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR7fHIMsCtE

Please critique my Litchi. :D

Majority of the time you picked the wrong type of combo's. I'm not sure if you dropped ALL of yours in the first round, but if you did, then....yeah. Also, you didn't 5C either of the times before Tsubame at 11- hits in the corner for the extra damage. Plus you didn't finish him when you obviously had the meter and he had no burst.....

There are more, but I'm sure someone else will get them.

Please critique my Litchi. :D

There's not much to say other than the fact that you drop combos and fail to maximize them for damage and/or setup every time you get a clean hit. If you were aware of this then you already know that you need to practice execution in training mode. If you were NOT aware that your combos were suboptimal then you need to go research how to maximize them and practice.

As far as playstyle goes, the thing that stuck out most to me was your habit of 6B[m]ing at point-blank range (happens at numerous instances.) I'll just tell you that it's a bad idea to 6B[m] haphazardly, especially in this match up because Tao can not only low-stance it but dance around it with ease. Frequently throwing out 6B[m]'s isn't a kosher strategy and it is only working here because your opponent doesn't know how to deal with it and never baits/evades/punishes it (he even fails to punish it when he instant blocks it in your face.)

FYI, the 6A[m]>2D combos only work if you're close enough to the opponent. Otherwise you are better off doing 6A>[m]>Haku>etc unless you're specifically trying to bait burst or something.

There's not much to say other than the fact that you drop combos and fail to maximize them for damage and/or setup every time you get a clean hit. If you were aware of this then you already know that you need to practice execution in training mode. If you were NOT aware that your combos were suboptimal then you need to go research how to maximize them and practice.

As far as playstyle goes, the thing that stuck out most to me was your habit of 6B[m]ing at point-blank range (happens at numerous instances.) I'll just tell you that it's a bad idea to 6B[m] haphazardly, especially in this match up because Tao can not only low-stance it but dance around it with ease. Frequently throwing out 6B[m]'s isn't a kosher strategy and it is only working here because your opponent doesn't know how to deal with it and never baits/evades/punishes it (he even fails to punish it when he instant blocks it in your face.)

FYI, the 6A[m]>2D combos only work if you're close enough to the opponent. Otherwise you are better off doing 6A>[m]>Haku>etc unless you're specifically trying to bait burst or something.

I was the Tao in that match and I was mostly trying to play super defensively, since one of my issues/bad habits is being overaggressive and eating counter hits left and right. I'm also pretty wary of Litchi's scary dragon punch, if you could give me tips on this match up that would be great.

I was the Tao in that match and I was mostly trying to play super defensively, since one of my issues/bad habits is being overaggressive and eating counter hits left and right. I'm also pretty wary of Litchi's scary dragon punch, if you could give me tips on this match up that would be great.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6416

check here for tao help.

this is litchis space :eng101:

Lord Knight and Aldouswright, thank you so much for the tips! I'll be trying the away-from-the-corner tips as soon as possible :) @Aldouswright That seems like a great alternative, will try that ASAP :)

Ah, I was about to post a question asking how to do her 5B - 5C - 41236D,C - J.236C - 5B - J.B - J.D - 66 - J.B - J.C - 623D - 6C - 3C combo! And also... I've been dying to fight a good Litchi online, I haven't been able to find any. My Litchi is barely over beginner level but I learn by watching others.

PSN Litchi's all suck. Well, majority. So don't count on it. And you were about to ask, but you asked..... Just add me or something. I might be on later. Plus PSN is VERY bad medicine for you.

Yeah, there aren't much good Litchi's online at all. Actually, there aren't much Litchi's online on PSN period. The lag comes and goes... so I don't recommend mastering all the high-end juggles since they'll probably drop. I log on pretty regularly so, I might be able to help on a few things...

Majority of the time you picked the wrong type of combo's. I'm not sure if you dropped ALL of yours in the first round, but if you did, then....yeah. Also, you didn't 5C either of the times before Tsubame at 11- hits in the corner for the extra damage. Plus you didn't finish him when you obviously had the meter and he had no burst.....

There are more, but I'm sure someone else will get them.

You're right, I was just getting used to her combos when we were playing that day so I was sort of playing by ear. I played with a friend offline today and I was pretty consistent with combos but scrambling in other places.

I just need to string it all together I guess.

So I feel like an idiot posting about litchis "easy mid screen" BnB : 5B 5C(2) 3C {D} iad JC haku staff2 dash JBC land tsubame 6C But im getting really frustrated with it. I do everything up to JBC fine, or at least I assume its fine because it all links. But I dash and JBC as fast as I can and JB connects then the training dummy techs and then JC comes out. Not sure what im doing wrong with it, not very hard to hit B then C in the air, but I cant get it to link without the dummy teching. Also is there a place to find solid rules on teching? When players can and cannot do it etc. ? Thanks

Yeah, that dash needs to be done pretty low in order for this combo to work. Tsubame will pick them up off the ground and you'll get the dress hit afterward. The only rule about teching is if the combo meter turns dark red in a combo, they can tech. The teching window changes depending on CH or not.

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to using Litchi here... I tried her out as my "fun" character in CT but when I tried her out in CS, I seem to have better chemistry in using her as a serious main character as compared to my other mains (Ara & L-11)... I think I'm hallucinating but I seem to have an easier time setting up my opponent for a nice combo after a CH 6B, 6C or jumping C (basically, those pokes which send the guy bouncing against the wall and straight for you for a nice combo)... Thing is, I could never figure out a decent "go-to" combo after one of these moves... The ones I was able to pull off in CT still kinda work for me but don't seem to be as effective when compared to stuff I've seen (but don't understand) on Youtube... What do you guys suggest? I'm gonna be trying out some stuff that I've read here soon but I gotta concentrate on getting one combo at a time just so I can get a proper feel for her... :D

Wallbound -> (5B) 2C ittsuA 623D 236A 236B 63214A ippatsuA ippatsuB 6C(1) 421D (6B) j.BCD ad j.BC 6C 6D Easiest BnB midscreen. If you're near the corner do the same thing but the follow up after ippatsuA is different. ~ippatsuA j.7C 2B/5C 2C 2D j.9C staff2 2C ittsuA 421D 3C 2D 6C ittsuC 6C Easiest BnB in the corner.

Wallbound -> (5B) 2C ittsuA 623D 236A 236B 63214A ippatsuA ippatsuB 6C(1) 421D (6B) j.BCD ad j.BC 6C 6D

Easiest BnB midscreen.

If you're near the corner do the same thing but the follow up after ippatsuA is different.

~ippatsuA j.7C 2B/5C 2C 2D j.9C staff2 2C ittsuA 421D 3C 2D 6C ittsuC 6C

Easiest BnB in the corner.

I'm having a hard time pulling this off mostly because I also need a visual reference to see what the timing of the combo looks like... Is there a video of someone using this combo uploaded somewhere?

Also, I still don't get how you control the direction of the staff when you pull off her super (the one which isn't 13 Orphans or All Green)... How exactly does this work??

My problem isn't the combos... it's how to get in, how to get a damn hit in in stafless/staff modes, how to get advantage over my opponent, how to rape IAD spammers (Hakumen >_>)... ugh, there's so much! I mean, i'm fantastic oki/mixup wise but l never get the chance against good opponents...

Please help... :(

Also, I still don't get how you control the direction of the staff when you pull off her super (the one which isn't 13 Orphans or All Green)... How exactly does this work??

I feel bad for not noticing this question until now.. hopefully you look back and see the answer, but I'll answer it anyway.

When you do her third super, Daisharin (Great Wheel), there's a.. pause.. much like a regular super screen freeze, but at this point putting the stick in any direction (i.e. anything but 5 (neutral)) and hitting D will queue a command for the super. You can queue up to 6 (iirc) and you will hear a little 'ding' every time.

So

63214D[M] (3D 9D 3D 9D 3D 9D) will have the staff go downforward upforward downforward upforward downforward upforward and then do the end of the super (which is where it flies up off the screen and then comes back down a second or two later).

As to greyfox's question (which I doubt will ever get seen) make sure that jump BC is staffless. If the staff gets back to you before you do those moves the combo doesn't work, which means you're either not the right distance from the corner, or you're doing it too slow.

Also... Tempest... are you asking for CT or CS?

CT. l don't plan on buying CS (nerfed rachel turn the entire game off for me; so i'll be sticking with CT for a long while)

My problem isn't the combos... it's how to get in, how to get a damn hit in in stafless/staff modes, how to get advantage over my opponent, how to rape IAD spammers (Hakumen >_>)... ugh, there's so much! I mean, i'm fantastic oki/mixup wise but l never get the chance against good opponents...

Please help... :(

K.

Item a) Stop trying to 'get in', litchi is NOT a rushdown/pressure character in CT. You're going to be fishing for pokes (5B, 6B, j.B, j.C, 2B) and hopefully CHs of those same pokes or tsubame.

That's also how you 'get a damn hit', Staffless has some mixups between 2b and 6a and things, but mostly you're going to want to fish for your hits with the staff on you.

Item b) Raping IAD spammers is.. well.. that's actually a strong point of litchi's. You have several options.. including your airthrow, which is the longest reaching (tied with tager's) airthrow in the game. Also viable options are early IttsuuA, Tsubame, 5A(depending on character), j.B, and early j.C.

Item c) As far as getting advantage goes, well after you get those random hits, you need to be able to do your combos, because litchi's combos carry FAR and her 'advantage' position is oki in the corner, and most of her combos will carry to the corner off of almost any of her hits.

I've said this before, long time ago, but her basic game is 'Fish for a poke hit/ch' -> Combo without dropping it into corner -> Corner okizeme.

So her neutral game is not to try and establish pressure, it's to wreck the other player's pressure with litchi's great pokes and then corner whore them to death.

Wasnt her airthrow nerfed as stated from the CS frame data thread?

range nerfed to 90000 from 160000

Hi everyone, this is my first post in this forum. Got some noob questions:

Ive seen Shounen do 6B[m] or 6C[m]> ItsuuA. I can do 6B[m]>Itsuu by jc then itsuu. But then I have no idea of getting 6C[m]>Itsuu. Any ideas?

Thx

It was nerfed in CS, but Dahlia was specifically asking about CT.

Totally forgot to reedit this.

But yes as far as I know/can see FRC is right and it's just special cancellable.

You can just special cancel 6C into Itsuu in CS IIRC. I don't use the move that much though. I know it's untechable on CH.

hello with regard to this combo from:

http://blazblue.byethost13.com/bbcs/characters/litchi/bbcs_litchi_combo.html

3C > 41236D[m],C > 623D > 236B > 63214A > A > B > 2C > jc > JBC > land > 2B > 2C > jc > JB > jc > JBCB > 236B > 236C [4346]

3C > 41236D[m],C > 623D > 236B > 63214A > A > B > 6C > C > jc > JBC > land > C > 2C > jc > JB > jc > JBCB > 236B > 236C [4606]

I dont get jc>jBC. jc slams the opponent down at that height and period. Unless I miss something. :S

Has someone recently seen a vid which shows this part working?

-Thx

And thankyou for the reply previously aswell!

Aye, as far as their lingo goes... lowercase jc would be jumpcancel... since JBC is j.BC... so lowercase = jump cancel and upper case equals air move.