Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT-CS1] Whoa. HUGE. (Litchi Basics Thread - New Players Start Here - UPDATED for CS)

So, this is likely me just scrubbing it up, but is there some secret voodoo to the landing dash cancelled into 5C? I can do it all day just goofing around empty, but when I try to put it in a combo (6C 5C j. BC dash 5C...) as in her challenge 5, I seem to either not dash or 6C like a winner. Any timing tips from people who can put that together? Or is that a small enough part of her game play that I can put it down for now and worry more about other things like Riichi?

How about her mission 6? I have pretty much the same issue but its a completely different combo. I can do it all the way up until the part where you have to dash at them after JBC and hit 5C....I been trying and trying but cant seem to get it to work.

Not sure if this is the right thread, but it says for new players to Litchi, so Ill ask here. I can do some bnb combos (for reference, Im 7/10 on challenges, though those arent always a perfect gauge of skill level) and am getting into more advanced stuff like using Great Wheel/Daishiren mixups and I cant for the life of me figure out how to control the staff in this distortion. I see 133333 and other numbers and I assume they are directions + D. I can get the staff to move in one direction if I do it during the distortion startup, but after that it either hits or misses (depending on what direction I held, like I assume 1 is down/back like for all numpad/directions, so it sends the distortion staff flying away from my opponent) and then flies into the air and lands at the opponent. Ive tried holding d and hitting 1 and then 3 repeatedly, but nothing happens differently. I cant figure out how to make the staff work during this distortion let alone doing the mix-ups I see people attacking with while the staff is moving around/crossing up the opponent. The most Ive gotten is like 3 hits and I can never duplicate it. Ive gone through teh stickies and threads. I must have missed where this move is explained in detail.

You have to press D every single time you input a direction. So while 133333 is a common setup, you actually need to do 1+D 3+D xN

yes, that would be nice..

Staff:

2A -> everything

5A -> everything

5B - 6A, 6B, 5C, 2C, 4D, 6D, 5D, 2D, 3C, 6C

6B - 6C

2B - 6A, 6B, 4D, 6D, 5D? 2D?

5C - 4D, 6D, 5D, 2D, 3C

2C - 5C, 4D, 6D, 5D 2D, 3C

j.A - j.B, j.C

j.B - j.A, j.C

j.C - nothing

Staffless:

2A - everything

5A - everything

5B - 2A, 6A, 2B, 5C, 2C, 3C, 6C

2B - 2C, 3C

5C - 2C, 3C

2C - 3C, 6C

3C - nothing

6C - nothing

j.A - j.B, j.C

j.B - j.A, j.C

j.C - j.B

All staffless normals are special cancel-able, which means you can cancel into 5D and 2D also.

K so I'm no good at these things and I'm not quite sure if this is the place for this (even though it says new players start here) but uh yeah, I main Litchi and am a.) currently experiencing CT syndrome, b.) really not sure exactly what's good for her, c.) unsure of how to deal with her matchups, and d.) just need help in general. If anyone could reference me to any videos or just give me general advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Uh, yeah, that's about it. My Litchi is far from sub-par. Kinda... lackluster. Understatement there, but I really wanna get good with her so yeahhhh...

Quick question, does anyone use resets in Litchi's game? I understand using oki, but would a reset be helpful in any situation?

Quick question, does anyone use resets in Litchi's game? I understand using oki, but would a reset be helpful in any situation?

I reset everything because I drop like 80%. If you have little execution it's the only chance you have. It's pretty bad when you fail 2c often in tk chun combos. I don't see where it would be too advantageous if you can combo into the corner unless you connect something odd or think you can get one over on your opponent. But, I have no experience.

Practice harder.

At least in this version, Litchi doesn't need to rely on resets.

Alright thanks. I guess depending what happens with the future balance patch Litchi may need to rely resets. We'll see

LK is pretty much right. i don't really know of any solid high/low mixup resets, but i suppose it could be instructive to note some resets that often work against lower level players depending on your level of skill/knowledge(this is the litchi basics thread, right?).

1. if you know a person doesn't really know how to tech right and you want an easy win, it's possible to reset at the end of a midscreen combo by using 2c[m] after staff2, but that's not really likely to work against a better player as most good players will barrier tech.

EX: see any midscreen combo where you end in staff2>6c>tsubame. replace 6c>tsubame with dash>delay>2c[m]; at the right timing it should hit them coming out of tech, backward or neutral(may depend on height and timing).

2. if you correctly predict the direction your opponent will tech after staff2 at the end of midscreen combos it's also often possible to go for an air throw, but once again this isn't likely to work on good players.

EX: same as above, but with delay>8/9 air throw or IAD air throw(for forward/back techs, respectively) instead of dash>delay>2c[m].

3. once again relying on bad teching, if you get an anti-air hit or an air-to-air hit and aren't able to go into a full combo off of it, if you jump cancel and then delay>j.c(the delay is to make it so your j.c comes out after they tech), if the opponent is not using barrier tech they are likely to get a random attack on tech, which will score you a counter hit with j.c[m] combo. won't work on neutral tech. the technique itself can be somewhat useful even against better players because even if the opponent blocks, you definitely have a pressure advantage, and litchi does not get much off of random air-to-air hits with staff(usually).

EX: in training, set the dummy to jump and backward air tech. at the height of his jump, do 5a>jc>j.a>j.b[m]>jc>delay j.c. if you do it right the j.c should connect as they get out of the tech.

while they can win you the entire game if successful, at most the above are easy ways to victory vs bad/mediocre players. it's definitely a good way to teach your community/friends the importance of learning to barrier tech, though.

but once again, along the lines of what LK said, it's probably best to learn to work with your oki game, and tsubame is 11-12 meter+dmg in itself so it's not a bad ender.

You need to let 236C fully recover every time you do it. After 236B, input 236A right when Litchi's feet touch the ground.

hello guys im new to dust-loop and bb and i picked up litchi. i think some people might think i'm crazy for playing a high execution character and don't even really know how to play but really i don't give a shit lol. i don't like playing generic and boring characters. also i only play female characters lol idk why maybe i'm a pervert or something. anyway i like a challenge and i don't think me playing a hard to learn character will stop me. if it helps i play viper in super so you can get where im at. i just need some guidance on where to start with the basics and Litchi.

ps- don't even bother trying to talk me into playing another character im stubborn as fuck.

Lord Knight has made a beginner thread (you're in it!) and a combo thread that you shouldn't definitely take a look at. Read through some of it too since you can find some tips from myself, Lord Knight and other good Litchi players. If you have any questions just ask here :)

So litchis 5b 2c riitchi+a 6kote haku hatsu ippatsu+a combo has been pissin me off. Litchi either goes too early and the opponent is behind her during ippatsu+a or way too late and totally whiffs and out of ippatsu+a's reach.

How do you guys hit it consistently? Is there a pause after haku then hatsu riichi or is it a continuous fast flow? Visual cues? *ive had the most success by waiting for hakus full split animation before hatsu b/c the opponent is at their highest* I hit it maybe 1 out of 4 times *on Jin. Carl or noel is a miracle.* and its pretty frustrating. I think my problem is distancing but its always so random. I even tried dashing after kote6 *corner and midscreen* then haku hatsu and its still iffy.

Any tips would be helpful :0