Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT-CS1] Whoa. HUGE. (Litchi Basics Thread - New Players Start Here - UPDATED for CS)

if u do it too much they will punish your 41236D animation. just be weary of doing j.D at all, since if they approach you and u hit them, they recover close enough to you to get in on you.

Ah ok, didn't know they recovered that close. It hasn't been a problem so far, usually I'm way above them when I hit and input the command as I land. Sten, when you say green grab... what exactly does that mean haha.

He means make sure you're not grabbing them while they're in hit/block stun (purple !!), since it's significantly easier to break than a grab from neutral (green !!).

He means make sure you're not grabbing them while they're in hit/block stun (purple !!)' date=' since it's significantly easier to break than a grab from neutral (green !!).[/quote']

Oh ok... well then that's not a problem, I usually get the green !.

Since I'm talking about this scenario, if they don't block the 41236D move, is there a way to combo from it?

You might be able to do 5b,5c (staff comes back),itsuuc into something.

this should work. just try to start the 5B as late as possible during the shinshin animation, just to make sure the staff comes back in time.

if they jump before they get hit, which results in them being juggled in the air in a weird pattern, you can try a shortened tsubame combo or a 2C>itsuuA combo. but usually i just go for j.BC>tsubame.

I think the combo gets too long. I remember trying it a few times and it whiffed on either tsubame or relaunching after ItsuuC > Chun or whatever. Screw around with it and you'll find out. Shinshin > Hatsu > Chun > All green is lulz.

On the other side, as long as you enter you rekkas and keep doing them as a gatling you can finish haku hatsu chun even if you staff comes back after haku. It's a real easy way to combo off of a 41236D hit while they're on the ground (though Haku Chun Hatsu is probably a better way to go due to the recovery areas).

If for some reason they don't block shishin, they should just eat a whole combo for like 4k+.

I've started using my arcade stick this weekend and went into a bit of training with Litchi. Thanks to the stick I can perform more command moves easily (particularly 623D and 632146D, almost in a snap), so I don't have to rely on that right thumbstick (and hence be able to execute Distortion Drives in Ranked Matches). Just wondering though, something I've been testing is this: right after a ground throw I do a 623D[m] (aka Tsubame Gaishi), and it looks like a nice combo start, in fact at the moment 623D[m] is so far the only attack I can do very quickly after a throw that can really land a hit (somehow even simple A/B/C attacks don't connect - the opponent gets flung too far for them to connect and I have to pursue or wait for him to come down). Is this advisable or actually something I should be careful with?

Read the combo thread, Throw > tsubame combos are done, it's normally throw > itsuuA into whatever.

I'm really having problems with 7-chun after 41236D-C any tips? I've had problems with this since pad now I have more problems with it on stick. Thanks to anyone who's going to reply.

Yeah, It is kind of difficult when you transfer from pad to stick I realized. After 41236D-C, you want to wait a few millisecs (like 5) before jumping straight up and pressing Chun. If the height of Chun isn't spot on, the 2C will whiff. It is definitely harder on stick than on pad for me.

Yeah, It is kind of difficult when you transfer from pad to stick I realized. After 41236D-C, you want to wait a few millisecs (like 5) before jumping straight up and pressing Chun. If the height of Chun isn't spot on, the 2C will whiff. It is definitely harder on stick than on pad for me.

My point exactly the 5ms recovery time is killing me.

Update: I've gotten hang of it after I read this post. Like 10 minutes after I tried doing 8->haku and it worked. There is just a little bit of delay like you said. Just a bit and I'll get this down much like Millia's throw D adc K-D adc D.

No one has made one because it's really not necessary. Pretty much all the need to know combos are in What's a Litchi?. Actually, he doesn't have the Riichi combos listed but you can find those on a tutorial vid he made.

Once you have everything down in there, it just becomes a matter of interchanging shit as far as circumstances go (character, distance to corner, meter etc).

Hello everyone! I've been playing BB:CT for a while now. It's such a shame that I just found out about Dustloop because a friend who played GG with me pointed it out. I'm a pretty new Litchi player; I've been trying to main Rachel and Taokaka and I can say I'm pretty good with both. I got interested with playing Litchi due to some of her great stance variety. I am having some trouble with timing some of her bnb combo though. It's supposed to go 5B, 5C, ItsuuC, J, Chun, 2C, J, B, C, D, 66, C, 6C... so on. I pretty much got the hang of the jump>Chun to aerial however I usually have some trouble executing the 6C after the air dash>aerial C. What usually happens is that the 6C executes the 6C[m] which ends the combo prematurely. This is my first post so I have no idea if this has been discussed before. I'll try to browse the other topics for this but in the meantime could someone please help? :) And here I thought Taokaka is complicated, Litchi surely provides some decent challenge :)

What's happening is that you are likely starting the combo too close to the corner. You either have to delay the jC if you are near the corner, or do airdash jB jC if you are airdashing in the corner. If you don't think you can judge your position properly, just follow the jC with hatsu chun (or chun hatsu if you prefer).