Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devdan

[CT-CS2] Carl vs. Jin

623a your jump so you have to FD it. Jins love to do this to carl esp bec he has lots of difficulty punishing it.

And if your doing it really close you dont even need to IB the 5d cause you can just poke in between 5c IB 5d.

Edit: Tested it. Carls hitbox is good so 623a whiffs if you dont AD

Which attack is that again...? The anti-air slash attack?

Anyway, I finally figured to stop rushing at them and wait for them to come to you. :yaaay:

I still dunno what to do about his "pressure". It's not even good pressure, but I dunno what to beat with what. In particular, I have problems with his j.b. =(

I still dunno what to do about his "pressure". It's not even good pressure, but I dunno what to beat with what. In particular, I have problems with his j.b. =(

It has so much priority...:psyduck:

Anyway, I like to use 6A as a counter. ;)

6a can beat j.b? What's the situation? My 6a always gets stuffed, so I just started doing vivace. Problem being that everything goes back to neutral, and nuetral vs jin=jin's advantage, I feel. maybe I should do summon>viva>pressure.

6a can beat j.b?

What's the situation? My 6a always gets stuffed, so I just started doing vivace. Problem being that everything goes back to neutral, and nuetral vs jin=jin's advantage, I feel.

maybe I should do summon>viva>pressure.

Well, most of the time this happens when I play with my friend. Anyway when he airdashes at me, he uses J.B but for some reason I've repeatedly hit him with 6A. I think it's because 6A has head invincibility. But then again, I may be wrong. I've just now started to use 6A as an anti-air so I have no idea how reliable this is.

I need to work on that combo...The only one I can do without a problem is his one of his BnBs...:( Oh, and loops.

I can try it vs iad j.b I dunno though, the Jin I fight regularly in tournament does something like 2a(1-3)*, 5b (2 hits), 5c, jc falling j.b/j.d>ex air fireball I know his pressure patterns pretty well, buuuut I have no idea what to do about it. I let him keep it going because rolling and having momentum reset pisses me off, esp with how hard it can be to get in on Jin sometimes. Good CH combo off 6a 6a, jc j.b, jc j.b, 214c, 8]d[>loop If you don't have the situation as N-O-C vs Jin, I feel like you're already doing something wrong, but that's just how I play Carl.

I can try it vs iad j.b

I dunno though, the Jin I fight regularly in tournament does something like

2a(1-3)*, 5b (2 hits), 5c, jc falling j.b/j.d>ex air fireball

I know his pressure patterns pretty well, buuuut I have no idea what to do about it. I let him keep it going because rolling and having momentum reset pisses me off, esp with how hard it can be to get in on Jin sometimes.

Good CH combo off 6a

6a, jc j.b, jc j.b, 214c, 8]d[>loop

If you don't have the situation as N-O-C vs Jin, I feel like you're already doing something wrong, but that's just how I play Carl.

It's usually N-O-C when I'm fighting Jins since I now just back up and wait for them to chase me. Then, 6A>8D>Loop or 6A>623D...

If it isn't N-O-C, it's C-N-O. =3

I can't really predict what Jin's going to do except freeze. And I usually don't try too hard to get out of the ice (what can I say? I'm a bit lazy. That will change once I learn how to wiggle out of the ice faster).

When you do learn how to wiggle out, I'd suggest learning to do it DIO style and end in a crouch block.

Do Jins usually hit low after freezing?

What am I saying? I should be asking what Jin's overheads are...:vbang:

Jin has like... 1 overhead, and you can reaction block it once you get used to it. His lows are quicker and more common, so I just block low. Plus, you don't accidentally dash backwards by holding 1 instead of 4.

Jin has like... 1 overhead, and you can reaction block it once you get used to it. His lows are quicker and more common, so I just block low.

Plus, you don't accidentally dash backwards by holding 1 instead of 4.

Which attack is it? J.B?

Ugh. I hate accidently dashing. I get read like a book and they punish me with their specials and freezing attacks~.

When Jin Jump cancels in to J.B "Pressure" you get a CH J.A, OR a Vivace to escape.

^^^^^^^

You aren't saying that if we can predict a 5C > j.B then we can guard the 5C then interrupt his j.B with our j.A, are you?

That would be...awesome. :yaaay:

Nice to know Carls working together against Jin, but in the Carls' opinion, how hard is it to fight against Jin in CS now?

Supposedly the matchup is now in Carl's favor. Jin's pressure got nerfed just a tiny bit. Nothing much though. Jin is by no means "free". Especially now that Jin has the advantage when it comes to air-to-air with his new j.C.

Carl vs Jin:

Standing: 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B, 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, J.B...

Crouching: 5B, 6B, J.2C, Alle~can...

Any good way to get out on the corner when Jin spam 6D?

If i try vivance that move hit me.. if i do superjump with barrier block that move make me block and land to the ground....

What can i do?

Instant block the move before and either jab him out of it or gear super. BY NO MEANS IS THIS EASY TO DO ON REACTION. But it does work. Other wise I'd just hold my ground Carl can't do much against Jin's corner pressure. You just gotta block and respect it.

I've had trouble with this too.

I have (2) solutions.

Safe = Super Jump, InstantBarrer the ice, than jump again or airdash

Risky = IB Jin's 6C and get a CH with Cantata.

Oh hell.. i never thought that jin on the corner would be so anoying.... why vivance couldn´t be better.

If i throw some puch i hit him.. but the move hit me and that its just sad.. o well i will try Kyle tip. I dont think that IB that move online will be a viable option.

I've found your problem.

Though to really understand this move pretty much anytime jin presses 6d without large frame advantage (im talking approx 20f~ possibly more) you could have punished him for it. Whether or not you can react to it is up to you.

Theres nothing wrong with just blocking it, just respect whatever he does after it (unless its another 6d then hit him).