Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDE

Tennessee Thread

Coming from Chattanooga, TN. Where is everybody? 

Hi most of TN that plays anime live in or around middle tn. The most active TN thread on dustloop and the best way to get in contact with other TN players is: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/3027-middle-tennessee-needs-gaming-monthly-versus-tourneys-antioch-tn/&page=470

Even though the name of the forum says middle TN it has become the thread for all of TN (we should really change the name). Welcome to the scene!

Ah ok. Thanks a lot. @LunaKage, would you mind closing this thread then? 

Not my jurisdiction man lol. I can only mod threads in the Noel section.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎28‎:‎34‎, JDE said:

Coming from Chattanooga, TN. Where is everybody? 

Hold on a sec. I'm in Chattanooga now. Want to meet up and play sometime. Ohhhhh and if we get bored playing each other we can take turns playing randos online!

On 12/4/2015, 10:53:01, Dark Ranger88 said:

Hold on a sec. I'm in Chattanooga now. Want to meet up and play sometime. Ohhhhh and if we get bored playing each other we can take turns playing randos online!

Absolutely lol I've been learning Millia & Noel. 

5 hours ago, JDE said:

Absolutely lol I've been learning Millia & Noel. 

Nice. Whereabouts do you live? I live right next to Hamilton Place Mall. I play Makoto and Elphelt (although my GG is very rusty/bad). And I plan on trying out Jam when Relevator hits.

29 minutes ago, Dark Ranger88 said:

Nice. Whereabouts do you live? I live right next to Hamilton Place Mall. I play Makoto and Elphelt (although my GG is very rusty/bad). And I plan on trying out Jam when Relevator hits.

I'm like 20 to 25 mins outside of the downtown area of Chattanooga. But stay in Chattanooga 70% of the time because of school. I'm moving there for good sometime towards the end of next year. I can drive there no problem now. 

12 hours ago, JDE said:

I'm like 20 to 25 mins outside of the downtown area of Chattanooga. But stay in Chattanooga 70% of the time because of school. I'm moving there for good sometime towards the end of next year. I can drive there no problem now. 

Awesome. I think I know a couple of places we might be able to meet and play in public (the 2 CM Games locations do fighting game tournaments every weekend, so they might let us setup there. And who knows...other people might see us playing and want to learn. However if you have any other places in mind I'm all ears).

Unless you'd want to try coming to my apartment. I play on a 32" CRT set, so if you want a beautiful HD fighting experience that's not the place lol. (But we CAN tag team online randos there because I have pretty decent internet, but not fiber optics sadly...)

And if we're going to play someplace that's not my apartment, we'd need a gaming tv/monitor that's easy to move. I also have a 32" flatscreen LCD TV, but there might be a sliiiiight delay on it (nothing major just a couple of frames I think). If you have something you feel comfortable with, we can use that instead.

What do you think? Public place or my apartment?

On 12/10/2015, 10:07:26, Dark Ranger88 said:

Awesome. I think I know a couple of places we might be able to meet and play in public (the 2 CM Games locations do fighting game tournaments every weekend, so they might let us setup there. And who knows...other people might see us playing and want to learn. However if you have any other places in mind I'm all ears).

Unless you'd want to try coming to my apartment. I play on a 32" CRT set, so if you want a beautiful HD fighting experience that's not the place lol. (But we CAN tag team online randos there because I have pretty decent internet, but not fiber optics sadly...)

And if we're going to play someplace that's not my apartment, we'd need a gaming tv/monitor that's easy to move. I also have a 32" flatscreen LCD TV, but there might be a sliiiiight delay on it (nothing major just a couple of frames I think). If you have something you feel comfortable with, we can use that instead.

What do you think? Public place or my apartment?

Iron Lab was downtown but the rumor is that they moved to Hixson. We can meet somewhere at another play area, but I have to talk with my Uncle to make sure that we know where it is.

Iron Labs's Facebook page says it's permanently closed and hasn't make a Facebook/Twitter post in 2 years. I don't know where they are now, but if you can find out I'd be willing to go.

One of the CM games is next to the NorthGate Mall (252 Northgate Mall Dr Chattanooga,  TN 37415) and the other is close to Gunbarrel road (7401 E Brainerd Rd #120, Chattanooga, TN 37421). The one at NorthGate is bigger and would have more room for us to potentially play. I'll go talk to them tomorrow to see if they would be open to us playing there.

Any other ideas?

Blazblue and Xrd tournament at the Game Galaxy location in Smyrna, TN this Saturday, 11/19! BBCF starts at 1 p.m., and Xrd starts at 7 p.m. Additionally, SFV is at 3 p.m. and KOF XIV is at 5 p.m., if you might be interested in those games as well. Here's the event page:

https://m.facebook.com/events/122839114855310

Also, quick reminder that the Middle Tennessee anime fighters group primarily communicates via Discord now, so if you're in the area and would like an invite please send me a PM so I can add you.

Hope to see you guys there!