Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thomasbradley

Elphelt Challenge #28

First off, I want to thank everyone here for being a huge help in the past. I've been a long time lurker, but I finally have a question of my own.

Anyways. for some reason, I almost always drop the j.HS in challenge #28 when I'm midscreen, but I can't quite figure out why. It either whiffs or Sol techs. The annoying part is that I've done it a few times, and I can almost always do it in the corner. Usually I wouldn't worry about it since I've completed it, but I'd like to use this combo in actual matches. Anyways, here's the combo if you need a refresher on which one it is.

CH c.HS>S>JC>j.S>j.P>j.S>JC>j.S>j.P>j.S>j.HS>j.D

If anyone else has had this problem and figured it out, help would be greatly appreciated.

it depends on the height in which you hit sol during c.HS>S. try mixing up the timing

Welcome to the Elphelt board. Hope you will like it here !

There are 2 tricks to improve your consistency that you can use that are, actually, useful for plenty of Elphelt combos.

First:

For any 2H CH or 2H air hit>236P combos, try to walk forward slightly before doing cS. This will allow you to take care of any issue where the opponent end up too far and jH whiff during the combo. Very important against Zato and Venom.

Second:

For any air combo with jS>jH>jD ender, you must always add some delay between jS and jH in order to not have the opponent based on their height. If the delay was wrong, you will end up with the following results:
-Opponent is too high and jH whiff.
-Opponent is too low and jH hits but jD whiff.
-Opponent was too high so jH and jD hits but no knockdown.

Technically, there is also some delay that should be added between jH and jD that allows to get rid of the third issue but it doesn't concern that many characters so you can leave it for another time.

Unfortunately, I can't give you better details on how much you have to delay during air combos because it's completely height and character specific so you always have to adjust accordingly. Though, through trial and error, you should be able to figure it out soon.

Finally, the jSPS>djSPSHD air combo route isn't particularly stable. If you plan to add 2H CH>cS>Air combo in your game, I would suggest you to rather go for cS>jS>djKSHD.
Obviously, it deals less damage than the former route but it's the most stable air route she got.
Also the basis of berry relaunches so still important to know.

Also, if you're in the corner, you might want to rather do:
2H (1) CH>236H>Walk forward slightly>Shotgun loop (+ SG-S link if you know how to do it)

That's the optimized corner combo. Most of the time, you will get this kind of confirm against people who mash between cS/fS and 2H (2f gap). 2H>236H is also + on block so even if you didn't open them up, you can safely go into shotgun pressure. So it's a very rewarding and convenient frame trap.