Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lofo

Ottawa Thread 2016

I'd probably do like a money match or something if someone wanted or whatever. Though...maybe I should reconsider saying that since it could totally blow up in my face, lol.

I saw that thanks, sweet. I'll have to watch it again to check order of people, but I think Montreal was always player 2, and Bruce played Faust relatively early in it if that helps.

Also, since it's next weekend, I'll just ask in here (and on the FB group) what people are doing for Canada Cup in terms of travel and stuff?

Uploaded the matches we recorded from this weekend. https://www.youtube.com/user/MTLBlazBlue/videos

If you can contribute any names post them in the comments, we'll edit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7b-O0cSXVM this is thelo vs me in tournament match, then thelo vs someone else (notice the char select and button config) who used the same char/colour, probably kazuhiro. there were no casuals on the recording setup that i know of during the tournament, i was running things pretty quick

i did not keep the brackets because i asked out loud if anyone wanted me to keep the brackets, multiple times, loudly to the entire room, and absolutely everyone said they didn't care. now multiple people are coming to me complaining that i did not keep the brackets. really, guys?

I know we don't use this thread much, but we have an official hype video courtesy of jak d ripr:

Also while I'm here, happy holidays everybody (even if you play Ky).

Yeah, I had a good Noel's Birthday over here. Way too much food and all that.

In weird/random news though, I've been putting a bunch of time into trying to learn Sol, at least while I try to improve my fundamentals. So, I guess pretty much everyone DOES at least play Sol somewhat, lol.

21 hours ago, dinosaurzez said:

I know we don't use this thread much, but we have an official hype video courtesy of jak d ripr:

Also while I'm here, happy holidays everybody (even if you play Ky).

33 second mark: Jak finally hits the breaking point and declares my character a game in her own right in an attempt to convince himself that playing against her is supposed to be fun. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Icekin said:

Does Ottawa still UNIEL?

Ottawa does not. Sooomeone might remember how to Vatista, maybe, but that's about it.

Damn, I should've gone with there being that many people there. Though, I'm still tight for gas money than I'd like right now, so yeah. Someday I'll be getting back in the swing of things, lol.

A bunch of guys wanted to play on thursday but i was too busy playing mahvel to register everyone. (Sry guys)

There will be another tourny next week if we have enough ppl. I'll also be putting up either a copy of 100% Orange juice, Gogo nippon, or a junior chicken as first place price huehuehue.

On 1/18/2016 at 0:10 PM, SorAnoTenshi said:

There will be another tourny next week if we have enough ppl. I'll also be putting up either a copy of 100% Orange juice, Gogo nippon, or a junior chicken as first place price huehuehue.

100% Orange juice confirmed for the fastest growing scene in Ottawa.

You know what, hell, I think broke still or not, I'll come out tomorrow night to prove I'm not dead, lol. And to answer the new question of "just how anime is Pokken?".

Don't mean to double post, but I figure since it's been a week it's fine, but has anybody been thinking ahead to EVO yet? pochp's post in the Montreal thread got me thinking I should probably get on that ASAP, so was wondering if anybody had thought that far in advance.

I'm not going this year, too expensive. Yuri told me he felt the same way. Doesn't help that it's being run on PS4 for no reason so we all have to buy new sticks. Ugh.

Oh, I guess I should post this in case some lurker reads this thread.

SUPER GONQ BATTLES 2016
Hosted by Algonquin College's Video Game Club

1385 Woodroffe Ave.
Algonquin College, Robert C. Gillett Student Commons
The entire 2nd floor (Smash) and rooms e206a/b

When:
Saturday, Feb. 20th
Registration opens at 11am
Venue will be open until around midnight

Pricing:
$5 venue fee (one time) for tournament participants.
$5 pot entry to main games.

Parking:
Yes. It's free all-day parking outside the Student Commons Building (E Building)

- There is no venue fee for spectators or playing casuals
- Venue fee is waived if you bring a setup (console/lagless monitor/CRT)

We're celebrating the release of Street Fighter V with a week 1 tournament. Come see what tech you can find with such a short amount of lab time and see how long it takes before it gets figured out.

Main Games:

Street Fighter V (PS4)
Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- (PS3)
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Singles Tournament 
(Round Robin Pools, followed by Double Elim)

Tournament Start-times:

10 AM - Venue Opens, Registration Opens
12 PM - Melee (Doubles)
2 PM - Melee (Singles)
2 PM - Guilty Gear Xrd
4 PM - Street Fighter V

Rulesets:

Xrd/SFV:
-Double elimination bracket
-Winners/Losers/Grand finals are 3/5 sets

Melee:
TBD

Venue:
It is well-ventilated and roomy, but please remember to shower and wear deodorant. There should be plenty of electrical for setups and a Starbucks downstairs.

Keep an eye on this page for updates!

REMINDER: 
WE REALLY APPRECIATE VOLUNTEER SETUPS. 
There is a limit to our resources; we ask the community to please bring setups so that the tournament will run smoothly. Volunteers are exempt from the venue fee! Please bring consoles with games patched to their latest versions or a lagless monitor/CRT. Also, let us know at the sign-up desk!

6 hours ago, lofo said:

I'm not going this year, too expensive. Yuri told me he felt the same way. Doesn't help that it's being run on PS4 for no reason so we all have to buy new sticks. Ugh.

Well, I remember hearing SFV can use PS3 sticks, so maybe Revelator's going to be able to use PS3 sticks as well or something. Either way, pretty much trying to work a way going since well, I'd rather not miss out on it for a 4th year in a row, lol.