Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HoodByLuis

Stuck Between Learning Blazblue or Guilty Gear.

Maybe it's because I play Ragna that I think of KOF, but I still think of Samsho as a distant relative to GG for several reasons:

1. Danger Time system is very similar to the blade clashing system (minus disarming part)

2. Mu no Kyouchi is very much like the "Time Slow" of Roman Cancels.

3. If you've ever played Johnny you'd know how similar he is to Tachibana Ukyo (Level 3 Mist Finer, Ensenga), and Leo fights similar to Bust Kibagami Genjuro (rekkas).

4. EX Mode is like the Slash/Bust modes of Samsho.

>Submitting yourself to a false dichotomy

Why not just play both ffs. Just think for yourself 

This is what everyone has been saying already, the only reason there's a debate at all is because someone tried to bring in misinformation to instigate.

Hey, it might be better to take the argument/debate/whatever about whether BB/GG is like KoF into PMs or something. You've already answered this guy's question.

Hey; "Just play both, LOLZ" is NOT a valid option for some people. I barely have enough time to not be completely awful at one game, and nowhere near enough skills transfers between these games for me to be able to play more than one, the time just isn't there.

So pick the one you like, yes, but don't believe the people who say you should just play both.

Hey; "Just play both, LOLZ" is NOT a valid option for some people. I barely have enough time to not be completely awful at one game, and nowhere near enough skills transfers between these games for me to be able to play more than one, the time just isn't there.

So pick the one you like, yes, but don't believe the people who say you should just play both.

I don't know it has to be one or the other lol. The whole message of the topic is to play whatever you like, so if he wants to play both, why shouldn't he?

I don't know it has to be one or the other lol. The whole message of the topic is to play whatever you like, so if he wants to play both, why shouldn't he?

He can, but if he had time to play both, why would he ask?

He can, but if he had time to play both, why would he ask?

Some people can still be undecided. Its ultimately his choice.

Okay let's put it this way: if you were stranded on an island which game would you rather play constantly to ease boredom? lol

The problem with that is that all we can do that ISN'T tell him to just play both/judge for himself is to fall back on our own bias.  Sure, I WANT to just say play BB and never look back, but I know that there are people out there who enjoy GG more and I'd much rather OP got a taste of both and determine which he preferred on his own.  That's why we say play both, even if you can't dedicate yourself to both, at least play them enough to determine which you prefer.  Does that make sense?

The problem with that is that all we can do that ISN'T tell him to just play both/judge for himself is to fall back on our own bias.  Sure, I WANT to just say play BB and never look back, but I know that there are people out there who enjoy GG more and I'd much rather OP got a taste of both and determine which he preferred on his own.  That's why we say play both, even if you can't dedicate yourself to both, at least play them enough to determine which you prefer.  Does that make sense?

Except that this is what I said like two pages of posts ago, and now people are asking "Why does it have to be one or the other?" and the answer is "Because he probably doesn't bloody well have time to play both."

Except that this is what I said like two pages of posts ago, and now people are asking "Why does it have to be one or the other?" and the answer is "Because he probably doesn't bloody well have time to play both."

And he might have time too, you're arguing a point that nobody is disagreeing with. We're literally just saying "Hey, bro do what you feel like based on these options" 

Its really that simple, why is this even a debate; not everyone has time to play both and some do.

And he might have time too, you're arguing a point that nobody is disagreeing with. We're literally just saying "Hey, bro do what you feel like based on these options" 

Its really that simple, why is this even a debate; not everyone has time to play both and some do.

That'd be great, only the post I quoted doesn't say that, so I wanted to clarify. If you want to keep arguing, go back and read my first post in this thread.

guys, I'm sorry this post caused this argument.

i wish I had time to play both (I work 40+hrs a week) but I can only dedicate time to one of the two games - in this case, the one that I know will be highly active for a while.

BBCPE while although fun, has low numbers of players online and locals here don't really play it.

GGXRD has a lot of players online, is widely known and played here locally, and although it has a tad bit steeper learning curve (according to everything I read), seems like my go to game. 

Anime community is notoriously fickle, plays whatever game just came out for like 4 months, then drops it for the next one.

Anime community is notoriously fickle, plays whatever game just came out for like 4 months, then drops it for the next one.

Xrd came out before CPEX tho :V

That's correct, it depends entirely on your region.  In TX Guilty Gear is practically a religion for example.

^I wish that was the case in Wisconsin.

Unfortunately I seem to be the only person who plays GG here, everyone else plays DDR, Gears of War, Halo, and Call of Duty.