Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zinac

[CT] Rachel vs V13

Very troublesome matchup.

For some reason even if i guard low I keep getting hit by v-13's 896D

896D? Her j.d?

the weird round sword thing (more like a saw) that goes straight through the ground at a decent speed all the way across the screen. Somehow it manages to outrun my pumpkin

Terranox please post things that make sense, or atleast useful suggestions or questions. Otherwise your posts are going bye-bye.

im guessing hes talking about 214D which u could just block but watch out for the overhead after it

Main problem is how wind is almost a necessity to reach her. Basically the other guy needs to get careless at least 3 times for you to stand a chance. Between two top tier players, my bet is on Nu.

v 13 basic string 5DD4DD, If you can IB the second D off 5DD and then IAD in her face, 4DD will whiff and you need to also watch out for the wierd overhead she has that comes from the behind you

v 13 basic string 5DD4DD, If you can IB the second D off 5DD and then IAD in her face, 4DD will whiff and you need to also watch out for the wierd overhead she has that comes from the behind you

If v13 expects IAD, then she would use 6DD simply.

options my firend options, you can do watever after but my point being is you can do something else other than block the string

In my opinion, its better to fight her in close range since she has all those projectiles. I also believe froggies are great in this match.

my problems are mostly that I cant summon anything really, my best option is superjump and summon pumpkin and wind it towards the nu player, if you can make her block, thats a good thing. now you have a few options. thats pretty much all what i can do. else i must be sitting and blocking those strings, they are pretty easy to block but range is just retarded. rankings are 8-2 for my friend atm after our matches. i felt that the matchup will be like 5-5 afterall, but now i have a feeling its 6-4 like in inoues chart. so if anyone have some tips what i should try, please post. 236b is pretty good from ground and also in the air, but seems like you need to spend plenty of wind to have a chance to get close

In my opinion, its better to fight her in close range since she has all those projectiles.

That's the strategy for every character against V13... lol.

Little trick vs Nu for anyone who doesnt know: If you stay at the edge of the screen her drive attack cant hit you. Instead of charging at them foolishly, employ reverse psychology and move back :v: Simply rush them down when they realise they have to move closer for their attacks to connect. Do it right and their drives should be whiffing behind you. Was a lot easier beating my friend's Nu when I found that out :)

Little trick vs Nu for anyone who doesnt know: If you stay at the edge of the screen her drive attack cant hit you. Instead of charging at them foolishly, employ reverse psychology and move back :v:

Simply rush them down when they realise they have to move closer for their attacks to connect. Do it right and their drives should be whiffing behind you. Was a lot easier beating my friend's Nu when I found that out :)

Actualy as a Nu secondary I can confirm that her 4D at least can hit opponents hugging the edge and I think her 236D can do the same but not completely sure.

One Question... What Beats Nu's 2C... Ez to Get In Probably Cause The Nu's I play With Sux.. But I have issue's with 2C(nu's)

in the air, not a lot. nu's 2C is air unblockable meaning you have to either FD it or instant block it. her 2C usually beats out rachel's j.2c, you might be able to bait her 2c and hit them with a j.236c

on the ground 6B might out range it, i dont remember.

One Question... What Beats Nu's 2C... Ez to Get In Probably Cause The Nu's I play With Sux.. But I have issue's with 2C(nu's)

Projectiles :toot:

Perhaps summon pumpkin midair to delay your fall and make her whiff the 2c, then punish by winding down the pumpkin and comboing her?

I find 2d harder to deal with because she can IAD backwards, do j.dd, crescent saber cancel into another j.dd, and land before I hit the ground. Then she gets a free 5dd to start her full-screen mixups again. :arg:

I'm really starting to think BlazBlue would be a better game without V-13 in it. It's a great game but it'd be even better without V-13 at all. The zoning and running is not only boring to play but it's frustrating as hell. V-13 just isn't a fun character to play against, I don't like her overall design... She's designed for the cheap zoning tactic and that's it... The game is pretty well balanced regardless, but does V-13 really have a bad match-up against any other character in the game?

I would be happy if v-13 couldn't jump cancel her D projectiles on block. Just that. She can keep gravity and act pulsar.

IMO Playing Against V-13 Is Fun.... Mainly I think this is... Playing against A Character Hard to win against Makes One Think alot... I always Believe PLaying Your worst Matchups are the Best Training in a Fighting Game... That is All

I fought a couple used nu - 13, most likes to spam only D moves and jumps back or back dashes. What are good tips to beat this?