Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CF] Hibiki Kohaku General Discussion Thread

I plan on playing him as well. Him & Noel will be my characters 

I'm going to go with no: I slowed it down and Hibiki's 5A was faster than Azrael's 5A, which is why he got CH. Yet here Izayoi's 2A was faster than Hibiki's 2A, so it's probably 0 or -1. 

Glad to see 236~A being put to work, early on players weren't delaying 236A before they used A: making it less effective in pressure and mix-up situations. Delaying 236A could also come in handy for baiting jump outs with 236A~C or mash with 236~D.

Both his 2A and 6A are lows. Tried to find footage of his 6A hitting someone low, but all I could find were players blocking it low. (I'll edit this post if I find proof later) 

Woah! That cross-up looked hella clean! lol Appreciate the notice Monarch. Definitely going to use that when he drops. Oh nice to meet you all. I've used Dustloop for hep but never actually signed up on the site. Hope I can be of some use!

On 5/9/2016 at 9:29 AM, ShizukuKisaragi44 said:

Woah! That cross-up looked hella clean! lol Appreciate the notice Monarch. Definitely going to use that when he drops. Oh nice to meet you all. I've used Dustloop for hep but never actually signed up on the site. Hope I can be of some use!

Welcome to the site!

And I thought I should post that since I haven't seen any other Hibiki's use it recently, and it looks like a pretty strong okizeme option.

(Also, Hibiki's 3C is pretty good)

On 5/11/2016 at 5:45 PM, Monarch said:

Welcome to the site!

And I thought I should post that since I haven't seen any other Hibiki's use it recently, and it looks like a pretty strong okizeme option.

(Also, Hibiki's 3C is pretty good)

Thank you very much man. And yeah! Examining it at first, I wasn't sure how effective it was as an okizeme option since I assume Hibiki could have gotten hit out of it. But looking at the follow-up from 2BB, it's so useful it's insane! 3C on counter hit looks like such a good combo opportunity due to it's hitstun. Would there be any other tools the character has that can be used for good setups or oki?

Off the top of my head:

- In the corner after a 236A~C knockdown, Hibiki can 5C to catch any potential rolls or quick wakeups.

- After a 214C midscreen, Hibiki can IAD > j.C to catch any potential rolls or quick wakeups.

Other than those two, his 5A (that hits crouchers) and 2BB are both good normals for setups such as tick throws.

yeah. IAD j.C is definitely a pretty good option to keep in mind for oki. I'm pretty sure it'll safe jump reversals as well if the opponent doesn't delay tech like Fenrich did in Monarch's example.

On 4/1/2016 at 7:21 PM, heavymetalmixer said:

Is Hibiki's 2A a low?

I stand corrected, it is not a low.

image1(1).PNG

We don't have exact frame data, but it's relatively fast: like most of his B normals (aside from his overhead).