Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monarch

[CF] Hibiki Kohaku Loketest Information and Discussion (Updated 8/24/2015)

Original thread: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/11051-cf-hibiki-info-thread/

On 7/21/2015, 6:33:55, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Sources:

Greatfernman's Translations

Footage and Screenshots:

Hibiki's Drive
Hibiki vs Naoto
Hibiki vs Litchi
Hibiki vs Bang
Hibiki vs Amane
Hibiki vs Azrael

Normals:

• His B normals can be followed up with various B attacks 

Drive:

• Hibiki's clones can get hit, but Hibiki won't receive any damage.
  • Hibiki's 5D and 2D send the clone forward, while 6D and 3D make Hibiki go forward instead.

Specials:

214X

• 214A/B - Hibiki jumps forward, then attack either from the air or a low on the ground, both can be cancelled into his drive before the strike
  • 214C is a hit grab that can be used as a ground combo ender 
  • 214D is crossup strike

236X

• 236A is a forward floating movement special with ABCD followups
  • A is a projectile thrown towards the ground
  • B is an attack that can be followed up 
  • C is an air throw 
  • D is a counter

Miscellaneous: 

• 623C is a DP 
  • j.214A is an attack like Azrael's j.2C that hits the opponent to the ground, used as an air combo ender

Some Hibiki stuff from Hiago's tweets

Tweet 1

Tweet 2

Tweet 3

• j.C is a strong move
  • 4B is a overhead and can be used from 5A/2A
  • 2C is an anti-air
  • 5D and 2D are used for zoning; 3D and 6D are used to close in but it's not recommended (not safe on block)
  • 6B is throw invul
  • 6A is low and + on block; special cancel only; staggers on CH
  • 632146D is a good super to mash

A lot of information about Hibiki that I personally Investigated & Organized from looking/Studying all of his Loketest videos, give it a Read. If you have any information that you think could help me don't hesitate in sharing it with me it would really help - ▲Any ways hope this helps, There's still somethings that are missing like some inputs.  http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sncucv

Glad you made that, I'll be sure to update the wiki with his moves this weekend, wasn't quite sure what his normals were. 

While I'm here, I'd like to throw my two cents in as well: 

After watching all of the loketest footage and reading various players opinion's on Hibiki: I think Hibiki as he is now is a decent character with a few shortcomings. He has a DP, which is rare among low HP characters, but it's pretty punishable so it'll require honest use. His anti-air (2C) has a strange angle on it, I can imagine your timing would have to be precise in order to be successful with it. As far as other normals go, his j.C is really the only normal that stands out in his repertoire with its generous reach and cross-up potential. Yet, abuse of it can be dangerous, as seen here. His crush trigger has pretty pitiful range (seen here), so using it in tandem with his pressure (which is also isn't that strong since he's easily pushed out with barrier) could prove difficult. There was some experimentation with CT routes, but none of them looked very good, although that could change as people explore combo routes. Overall, his short range normals are definitely a weakness, which leads me to his drive.

After seeing them in action, his clones aren't as strong as I though they were initially going to be. This isn't to say that they won't have their uses at neutral, in certain matchups (Tager, Hazama, Hakumen) I think they'll be vital in order to interfere with the opponents gameplan. In general though, using them to close distance gaps or as shields can definitely prove useful, 2D especially could give unsuspecting opponents trouble (zoners come to mind). His 214X series (move that resembles Makoto's Asteroid Vision) looks like another good neutral tool essential towards confusing and opening the opponent up with it's multiple options. Regarding okizeme, his ground combo ender (214C) looks okay, but we'll probably have to condition our opponent to neutral tech, since the distance we're sent after the second hit pushes him away long enough for the opponent to roll if we're not watching to punish it. I'm especially pleased with his air combo ender (j.214A), as it's akin to Tsubaki's j.214A where we recover slightly faster or around the same time the opponent techs, eliminating any worries of delay techs or rolls, allowing us to pressure afterwards in relative safety. His Izuna drop ender in the corner is the same case.

His Distortion Drives look very anti-zoner: namely his 632146D super, as it homes in the opponent like Lambda's OD Calamity Sword, making Hibiki with 50 heat dangerous against zoners like Nu, Mu and Lambda (although it can punish any careless opponent who throws out a normal, emphasis on whiff punishing). His second DD where he throws his swords towards oppoents appears to be more of a combo ender than a super to throw out to catch opponents. The maximum distance the swords travel can't be determined with any of the loketest footage we have at the moment. His Exceed Accel happened on stream, but it was Day 1 and no recording of those streams were uploaded, unfortunately. 

Combo routes look pretty simple, again, subjective with the amount of time players had with the game. An OD combo route was kind of found, but more experimentation will need to be made in order to make it complete (looks similar to Jin's OD midscreen route, in terms of command inputs).

In summary, Hibiki looks like a character that requires his neutral and footsies to be played very well in order to flourish with him, as his low health can ensure a single combo can put you at a disadvantage, especially if put in the corner. 

Btw So he can use his drive to block a 1hit attack? Like block a projectile Ex. Izayoi sonic saber, Jin Ice blade, Target Spark ball, Ect.
It would be really interesting to see if his Shadows/Clones [Drive] Would eat 1hit attacks since they do disappear when they get hit ... Hm not sure I been wondering but now that you mention it can he?
btw thanks for the new inputs I need to update my thread & add them in I didn't know what they were >: & Yeah, basically most of what you're explaining Is writing down in my thread but you put in more depth when it comes to Match up analysis, I know that stuff already but I tried to resume it & Not go too in depth but still bring out decent amount of information for New users to work with, I can do a tutorial and go into more detail on how to use most of his stuff but I wasn't aiming for that I'll wait until I get my hands on a copy, although One thing that did grasp my attention was the fact that now that you mention it he will have trouble when it comes to pressure since his normals are short, I know for sure that his B normals have decent whiff recovery but you should aim to open the opponent up as fast as you can once you get in cause other wise like you said he will be pushed back easily by barrier block I don't see that as much of a trouble but will definitely affect him & Omg his Exceed happen & No one recorded it! *Dying* & Um his #2 Distortion the swords go pretty far I would say full screen or at least 3/4 of it but they do have nice distance but yeah the only problem would be that they're slow so I rather use his 632146D to punish long range since it's his fastest distortion & It tracks although I don't know if it will track until a certain distant not sure.
Thanks for the inputs btw :
*214C
*632146D #1 distortion
I'm guessing his #2 Distortion would be a 236236 input probably C

Any ways looking forward to keep sharing information, I'm gonna try to go more in depth with his normals & see what are his Air-UnBlck, jump cancel-able on block & Stuff like that cause I haven't pay attention to those things, Mostly everything else has been figured out.

It's something that can't be determined with the footage we have at the moment, the only projectile oriented character we saw Hibiki fight is Nu, and the player ate more swords than he blocked. I have a feeling that the clones would clash with lower level projectiles like Jin's ice swords and Kagura's A orbs, but would lose to lvl 3 projectiles like Tager's Spark Bolt and Lambda's D's. As for his second distortion, the command is 632146C and if the tweet is correct, it could be used as a reversal/whiff punish super, still not sure which super would be preferable as a combo ender (Although we have seen the 623146D DD used as a combo ender). As far as opening opponents up goes, I don't think it matters how fast you go about it, moreover what you use. I think he might have to rely on stagger pressure and frame traps, or 214X. 

Either way, I hope that some of our questions will be answered in the upcoming loketest this weekend. 

Tweet from Hiago

• N-O also says he thinks Hibiki has a brighter future than Naoto so far. 

Interesting. I'm curious why N-O thinks that. I remember him having high praise for Naoto in one of the interviews from the closed loketest. Well, hopefully we hear more about Hibiki. 

Hibiki seems like a character who is going to provoke some highly varied opinions, a lot of his gameplay involves tricking the opponent and putting them into borderline 50/50 situations. I think his drive is just one of those cases where it would be insanely difficult for him to be BAD just because it can be used in a variety of ways to both move and zone, kind of like Hazama's drive in that sense, and we've seen how good Hazama is at staying relevant.

Plus I think the combos we're seeing are pretty far from optimized. Players have only recently really started using his drive in combos, and even then I think it's being under-used to some extent

I'm really interested to hear N-O's rationale behind that statement, as there have been varied opinions about whether or not if Hibiki is good, but it's another thing to say he could end up being better than Naoto (who by general consensus is pretty solid at the moment). His drive can be pretty useful in certain situations, but we've yet to see all it's capable of. Personally, I think using clones and teleports as a means of opening up the opponent is gimmicky, but I guess that just comes with the nature of his drive. 

The reason why I think that N-O said that is cause Hibiki has a Nice, Big & Well Balanced kit in my opinion compared to Naotos which is more Straight forward, Basically made for Newer players. You can go far with Hibiki if you put determination although in the early weeks/Months it'll be difficult cause of all the things that he has in his kit which is what will make him difficult Imo, Not knowing what tool to use & What would be best at some point in the match, but once you master his kit you can go far with him. Naoto in the other hand looks like he is easy to pick up but won't offer much after awhile still strong tho, but yeah Hibiki can offer more if you put more time into him, Still both are good characters.

Does any one know what the input is for when he does the animation of his 214C then he appears behind the opponent and does a Upward swing >: That's the only one I'm missing & His Astral </3 T-T Help plz!

Pretty sure 214D is the move you're thinking about. As for the astral, not even the command list had the input so we'll have to wait and see

*Last time published 03/09/2015*
*Updated the shit out of this recently : Cleaned it, Added a couple more of useful information in mostly every Area & Added the new Inputs*
Lot of information + Rough Notes/Observations on Hibiki Kohaku by xLittleLucifer
*Thing will keep changing by the mean of the new information coming in but right now this is all I know & Have to offer*
If you have any Frame Date on his normals, Special Moves, Ect. Let me know it will really help Thank you & Hope you like it.

Movement Options -
Speed : Fast
Dash : Run-Type
Jump : 2
Air-Dash : 1
Back-dash : Fast & Short distance Similar to Taokaka
Clones/Teleportation.

Health -
[9,500] #RIP

Play-Style : Balanced, Mix-up, Gimmicky, Rush-down, Offensive.
*[Will require a Lot of Footsie & Good Control over the Clones when it comes to neutral]

-Normals : Reminder Most of his B normal have a 2nd part to them Ex. 4B>B, 6B>B, Ect.
[They're Fast-Short Range Normals]
[Most of his B normals have good Whiff recovery & Are not that - on block I would say around -3 to -6 as much]
[5C, 2C, 6B & 3C are his Longest Normal & His clone being the longest Reach]

-2B>B :
[1st hit is a low, It's two hits close to the ground, good for punishing Rolls & back-dashes thanks to the slight movement it does one the 2nd hit, 1st hit has short range 2nd hit has decent range + The slight forward movement, Has a low profile so I can probably go under some projectiles/Moves]

-4B>B :
[1st hit is a Overhead, Decent Speed, Has decent range, Can be used from 5A/2A]

-5B>B :
[Um your standard normal I guess nothing really special about it, The range is Short, Mostly used as a combo started and Used as a filler in pressure, Can Jump cancel it on hit, Don't know if you can Jump cancel it on block tho haven't seen any of his normal be able to Jump cancel them on block only his A's

-6B>B :
[1st Hit has nice range & It get's him off the ground which give him a small inv. window to grabs, Can keep chaining normal after it hits/Blocks, 1st hit Will slam the opponent to the ground if Airborne with No ground bounce but can still keep combo-ing, 2nd hit Will make the opponent ground bounce can combo after also I think for the 2nd hit to combo on ground opponent they must be crouching, Major role in his combos]

-6A : [Interesting Normal]
[Throws a Blade diagonally to the Floor, It's a Low, + on Block, Staggers on CH, it Can OTG, Will probably be used as a combo filler, Can be used to punish rolls but he has other options that are better Imo]

-2C :
[Anti-Air, It's fast & You can Jump Cancel it on hit, Really nice Diagonal Hitbox Ground-to-air, Used a lot in combos]

-5C :
[One of his Longest Reach normals in his Kit, Has a Huge Hitbox in-front of him so it Can be used to stop approaches close to the ground, Jump cancel-able on hit]

-3C :
[Universal Knockdown, Has nice range, Has a low Profile so It can probably go under some projectiles/Moves, it's a low.]

-6C :
[Does 3 slash in which from the 2nd to 3rd He start leaving the ground while Launching the opponent to the air on the 3rd hit He hits them away, Will wall stick if close to the Corner, On mid-screen they will be launch away then slide a little on the ground, It's a FC on CH, If it FC in mid-screen they won't slide anymore instead they will wall bounce can follow up after, Despite the start up it Can be linked into Example 5C>6C]

-J.B>B :
[Um again your standard normal I guess, nothing really special about it, The range is short, Mostly used in combos, After the 2nd hit J.C will most likely have a chance to miss depending on the hitbox]

-J.C : [The God]
[A Fast move & One of his strong normals on his kit when used correctly, Hits both behind him & In Front so it's good for punish rolls & It can be used to Oki or OS after a Knockdown, Fast Fall speed, Good for Cross-up, Nice horizontal Hit-box, Overall a good normal worthy of being respected]

-Crush Trigger
[Does an Axe Kick, The range it's really short so it can easily miss by being pushed by Barrier, It's Fast so it can be used to combo [Will most likely be used more for combos] only route I've seen so far is 5C>3C>CT It will ground bounce on Airborne opponents [Similar to jin & Carl CT] & Can combo after.]

-OverDrive
[Haven't seen it be used correctly in action, All I know is that it speeds up the clones so overall helping him in neutral & Creating new combo routes]

-Throws
[Both Forward & Backward throws can be combo out off, Can pull off decent Dmg out of them around 2k to 2.7k]

-Drive : Double Chase
[Has a Ground, Air & Teleport version]
[It can be uses to evade some projectile's/Moves in general but it requires timing]
[This will be your tool to move around the map along with his Run/Air-Dashes]
[Can be used to close the gap/distance really quick]
[The will travel until they come in contact with the opponent or until they reach their maximum range or If they get hit [You take No dmg if they get hit] or If You get hit]
[You can replace yourself with the clones by pressing [6D or 3D]
[They're pretty un-safe in general, when used in block string make sure not to do Raw D's with out nothing to back it up in pressure, The Drive can be Follow up with Special moves, Normals or DD after Hit or Block]
[J.D's stall your movement & Come out way slower than the Grounds D's]

-5D : [Sends the clone Forward doing a Horizontal Slash] 
Will travel 3/4 of the Screen so it has decent Far reach, Fastest Clone out of all of them, Can be used to close gaps quickly, One of his best tools to play neutral with.

-J.5D : [Sends the clone Forward in the Air doing a Horizontal Slash]
Will travel 2/4 of the Screen, Can be used to get out of the corner in some situations, It stalls your Air movement, It comes out Slower than the Ground Clones, Can be used in neutral to control the screen but It's really risky.

-J.2D : [Sends clone Diagonally from Air-to-ground doing a Diagonal Slash]
Will travel 2/4 of the screen. Will ground bounce on hit if the opponent is in the ground or close to it & Can Follow up after, It Stalls your Air movement so it Can be used to punish Air-to-Ground or to Punish Early/ Bait Anti-Airs. Can be used to control the screen in neutral but again its quite risky.

-2D : [Teleports & Comes out from the ground doing an upward slash]
It FC on CH, Will travel 3/4 of the Screen, Can't be hit once you start traveling since he is basically teleporting [or To be more pressie moving through a thin shadow in the ground] from one location to another not like his other Drives, it's - on block, Can be used to dodge some Projectiles/Special Moves/DD/Normals/Ect. but it will require timing. Can combo after it hits. The speed is decent not as fast as his 5D tho. Decent tool when fighting Zoners.

-Special Moves :
  • 236A/A/B/C/D :
*He will Hop a short distance forward in which then you can do either one of the 3 options down below, If you don't pick any he will Just Hop the same distance as he normally would until he hits the ground, They all travel the Same Distance, Travel distance similar to Amanes A version Zettou which is Short *

-[A] Hop Air-Dagger throw : Hops to the Air Throwing 3 Daggers to the ground, seem + on block, The opponent will bounce a little then stick to the ground on Air CH, Does not have landing recovery can move immediately after touching the ground so It looks like it Can be used to OS/Pressure.Cross up with but not sure yet if it's safe.]

- Hop Air-Sword Slash : Hops to the air Doing a Vertical Sword Swing below him, It's - on block if the opponent blocks it you'll be stuck in recovery frames until you hit the ground, It will Cross up most of the time if close to the opponent, Can be combo into usually 2C into it, on Airborne hit the opponent will slam the ground & bounce, Can be combo after.]

-[C] Hop Air-Command grab : Hops to the Air doing a short reach one hand Command grab [A.K.A Izuna Drop], It won't hit unless the opponent is in the air, Can be used to punish people from Jumping out of your pressure, It can be combo into usually 2C into it, Offers nice Knockdown after it hits, Can Oki after, Another option to end combos.]

-[D] Hop Air Counter : It's a counter, He will hop forward within the full duration of the hop you can activate the counter at any time you want, The duration of the Counter is small I would say 2~4 frames active so its not something you can Just throw out there, if they hit the counter he'll disappear & Re-appear Rotating his Blades in your direction[Like Levi vs Female Titan] then you will be launched away & bounce to the wall if you're near it, If he is not Hit within the duration of the counter then he will Just fall for the rest of the duration of the hop, Has landing recovery so it's pretty risky, I recommend you only use this when you can Yomi the opponent.]
  • 214A/B/[D]: [A Good tool to use in neutral]
*He takes a pose in which then you can do either one of the 3 options down below, Keep in mind that A/B the moves it self will go through the opponent if you're too close but this will happen only in Mid-screen , You can be hit once you start traveling, Have a small Inv. window at the Start up of the move so it can pretty much dodge some moves if timed correctly, Really nice tool to 50/50 with after you knock them down since the opponent will have to decide from Over-head or Low or Cancel into Grab, Ect. It has nice recovery if you whiff it, If it get's Block it's like slightly - so it's hard to punish if you're not paying attention*

-[D] Cancel : It will cancel it leaving you where you were but it will still launch the two mirage of the clones they won't hit obviously, You can immediately move after]

-[Launch Overhead kick clone : covers a pretty far distance like 2/4 of the screen [probably more], Can be Followed up if hits, Can dodge some Mid/Low moves since he leaves the ground, It's a Overhead.]

-[Dash Low kick Clone : Covers the same distance [Again it could be a little bit more], Can Followed up after it hits, Has a nice low-Profile Hit-box since it Slides really close to the ground so it looks like it can be used to dodge some moves or Go under some projectiles , You get a nice knockdown if you decide not to combo, It's a low]
  • j.214A
-[Dive-Move, Your standard combo ender for Air combos, Offers nice knockdown can oki after, Has a little bit of recovery after he lands.]
  • 214C :
-[He will dashes in & stab the opponent launching them Upwards & away from you, Usually used to end short ground combos in mid-screen & It offers really nice Knockdown, Can Oki after, You can use :
[66]6A/[66]2BB/j.C [With a little ground movement] or a 5D to punish rolls in Mid-screen since the distance he makes after launching them away is a lil big giving the opportunity for the opponent to be able to roll so it will be rather difficult to punish rolls sometimes in Mid-screen but in the corner you gucci, It can't be followed up in mid-screen unless you rapid it but in the corner it Can be follow up with no need of a rapid, I think it's + or slightly - on Block so it's hard to punish]
  • 214D :
-[Does the animation of 214C but fakes it & Teleport behind the opponent which he will then do a Upward Slash Launching them up, It Can be followed up after it hits no need for rapid, Really good for cross up & to play with your opponents mind like doing a combo & Then faking it to drop the combo & catch them off guard & Reset the combo, now if they block it you're fucked cause it's pretty - on block]
  • 623C :
-[Can't combo after even if its counter hit unless you rapid, Un-safe if you whiff as usual with DPs]

-Distortion Drives :
  • [632146D : He tracks the opponent & then falls from the sky, Really Bad recovery frames if it get's blocked  so it's not safe, but it has decent Inv frames on start up & Has a fast Start up, plus He tracks & appears above the opponent so it's hard to punish, Mostly used as a combo ender & As a reversal To quickly punish from far away.]

• [632146C : He Throws his 2 Blades Forward, It can be combo into, Distance they travel ; it looks like its full screen, If it get's block you can be punish depending on the distance You & Your opponent have So it's probably + if you don't throw them right in his face, If they hit he'll do Multiple hits [Attack on Titan Mode], It has Inv. Frames on start up ; but He can be hit once he throws them. Can be used as a reversal or combo ender]

*Work still in progress, Was putting in some of the simple combo routes I've seen so far but I haven't finish it yet there's so many Ugh!*

Simple Combos :
-5BB>2BB>5C>3C>214C

Throws :
Both Fw & Bw Throws : Grab>2C>236A>2C>236A[C] 2.7k
                                                              or 2C>J.B>J.C>[DJ]>J.C>J.214A

Corner :
5BB>5C>3C>214C>5B>2C>236A>2C>236A[C] 
                                                     or 2C>J.B>J.C>[DJ]>J.C>J.214A [Dmg 3.1k]
5BB>5C>3C>214C>5B>2C>J.BB>[DJ]>J.B>J.C>J.214A

im not sure, but from what I've read its the final build, the players guild works and they're testing the network for the game.

Jasu's (top JP Valkenhyan player) opinion on Hibiki: 

"Hibiki is simple. So long as you have his combos down you can fight without much practice. Naoto on the other hand is difficult. Constant practice will be necessarily in order to play well with him". 

Source

And a few loketest notes (credits to @HiagoX for the translations):

• 236A~B floats less on hit, making it easier to use as a starter or a combo part.
  • Mix-up right now consists of: throw; 2BB (2 hit low); 4B (overhead); 236A~B (crossup overhead); 214D (crossup ground move).
  • DP: Lots of untech time; most of the time you get a knockdown off it no matter where it hits.
  • Both supers probably have invul still.
  • 214D is like 214C except you teleport behind the opponent for a crossup.
  • 214C is definitely punishable on block 

To be expected to hear Hibiki is easy to pick up, from loketest matches he looked pretty cut and dry.

5 minutes ago, Frost Monarch said:

Jasu's (top JP Valkenhyan player) opinion on Hibiki: 

"Hibiki is simple. So long as you have his combos down you can fight without much practice. Naoto on the other hand is difficult. Constant practice will be necessarily in order to play well with him". 

Source

And a few loketest notes (credits to @HiagoX for the translations):

• 236A~B floats less on hit, making it easier to use as a starter or a combo part.
  • Mix-up right now consists of: throw; 2BB (2 hit low); 4B (overhead); 236A~B (crossup overhead); 214D (crossup ground move).
  • DP: Lots of untech time; most of the time you get a knockdown off it no matter where it hits.
  • Both supers probably have invul still.
  • 214D is like 214C except you teleport behind the opponent for a crossup.
  • 214C is definitely punishable on block 

To be expected to hear Hibiki is easy to pick up, from loketest matches he looked pretty cut and dry.

Cool, I don't like having to deal with high execution stuff.