Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

Elphelt vs Ky

Placeholder. Will update this thread with all the posts in their specific sections later and finally update the first post afterwards.

Is there a smart way, or preferred buttons to handle her corner pressure as Ky? Like with fighting Sol's frametraps, I'm at a loss, though my understanding of anti-Sol options have improved, for Elphelt it's just "don't be in the corner". lol

On 10/3/2015, 8:50:30, Wutai_Shinobi said:

Is there a smart way, or preferred buttons to handle her corner pressure as Ky? Like with fighting Sol's frametraps, I'm at a loss, though my understanding of anti-Sol options have improved, for Elphelt it's just "don't be in the corner". lol

The impression I got against my friend was that his 2p was pretty good, he'd instablack my shot and then 2p me, however bear in mind that my shotgun pressure is HOT garbage, so that might have factored in. He also swept me, and unless my eyes were deceiving me it low profiled the shot.

Anyway, gonna leave this footage here for future reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aSID9Ufb54

Ok so with Shotgun pressure you need to remember that lvl 1 shotgun is -2 on regular block and even more so on IB. Ky can't punish this but El won't have time to hit another button if you properly IB LVL 1 shotgun blast. If the El player is going ham with lvl 1 shotty, IB>2D, 2K, 2P, 5P, 6P, DP etc.  That's the most obvious hole.   Depending on distance El can still make your life shitty even off Lvl 1 though.  She can wait, watch you wiff your button, and then just kill you.

DON'T FUCK WITH ANY OTHER BUTTON ON BLOCK OUTSIDE OF HAVING A HARD READ ON COMMAND THROW OR DISRESPECTFUL SHIT LIKE  S>S>S>S>S>S>S>S.  Her jab is +1 on regular block and -1 on IB but since she can just cancel the jab into Shotty (Which is 3 frame startup lvl1 and 1 frame start up level 2) hitting buttons here is not a good idea unless you have a hard read on them going for command throw or resetting pressure with Shotgun Slash.

SPEAKING OF SHOTGUN SLASH  It's +3 on regular block, -1 on IB.  It moves her forward  which resets pressure, and will make your life super shitty when you wanna jump out.  Command throw is a command throw, it makes me sad.  

If she has Shotty and Grenade is on top of you get ready to have fun.  If you have 100 bar, RTL>RC is a good option to just not have to deal with it.  Its expensive but honestly DAA can have mixed results in this specific situation. 

Blitz is honestly a great option for shotty pressure.  It can beat anything except her just waiting, max distance shotty (which will leave you at neutral in this case at least), and command throw.  The odds are in your favor with Blitz, so use it.  Just be sure you aren't predictable.  

All in all I say IB disrespectful LVL1 shotgun blasts and make her have to work to stay in.  You can get out by hitting things like 5P, 2P, 6P or 2D when she wants to throw, when you IB LVL1, or when she wants to Slash (But you have to be preemptive in this case).