Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

Elphelt vs Faust

Placeholder. Will update this thread with all the posts in their specific sections later and finally update the first post afterwards.

This is an annoying MU for Faust. 

Rifle is really good in this MU. I originally thought that door teleport might be an option to stop rifle stance (not knowing the frame data), but it seems like perfect reloading means Elph will hit Faust out of start-up every time.  Watching Nage play against her, it seems like jumping out is the most reliable option (keeping in mind you have to FD to block shots in the air)? Superjumping is good because you can go above maximum crosshair height and airdash forward and/or bomb bag. He also does dust YRC to use the invul to avoid the shot, which could be useful.

Yeah as an Elphelt player, I can say Rifle is a pain  for Faust. Just a heads up summing up what works and doesn't work against perfect reloading Els

-As it was said, door is a no, it will get stuffed everytime you attempt it

-High jump airdash love bag will test the Elphelt, but you can actually shoot love bag and the explosion punishes Faust, so it's not recommended. Mixing empty jump forward FD and High Jump FD can be useful. Also, YRC slows down the cursor so it might give you some leeway

-Dash Forward is risky as it was shown, it is only useful when you mix it up with other options don't forget to dash brake and use jumps along with your dashes to make things harder for the Elphelt

-Backdash is only used to avoid UB shots on neutral or avoid wasting tension on FD when you called out a shot;

The important thing to keep in mind is that aside from door special,Elphelt can't call out everything on reaction and has to predict what you will do.While  Faust does have a lot less options than other chars, he can still play mindgames to make her whiff a shot and hopefully get close. Basic mobility options, sprinkled with  occasional YRCs can be enough to mess with her rifle stance so you should focus on that. Of course make sure you always have at least 25 tension throughout the match, because dealing with RIfle tensionless is asking to get robbed.

Since the cursor has a maximum height, you can throw the bomb bag high enough so that you will recover before you enter the height that the bomb bag explosion can punish you.

Oh, didn't know that, I thought it punished at max height. Scratch what I've said, thanks for the correction !