Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voodoo Doll

Testament AC Vids

testament throw follow-ups

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2o-TXMDwVdA

Just to add to this I want to make a list of these combos to help others out as well as myself.

Throw > 6K > BLX2 > Small Dash > 5HS > BLX2 > Small Dash> P Skull

Testament

Throw > 6K > BLX2 > Small Dash > 6K > 5HS > BLX2 > Small Dash> P Skull

Anji

Venom

Throw > 6K > BLX2 > Small Dash > 5S > 5HS > BLX2 > Small Dash > P Skull

Potemkin

Throw > 6K > BLX2 > Small Dash > 5K > 5HS > BLX2 > Small Dash > P Skull

Axl

Order Sol

Eddie

Zappa

Johnny

Chip

Throw > 6K > BLX2 > 2HS > BLX2 > P Skull

Faust

Throw > 6K > BLX2 > Small Dash > 2S > 5HS > BLX2 > Small Dash > P Skull

Slayer

Sol

Throw > 6K > BL > 236P (coner only I believe)

A.B.A

Throw > Small Dash > S EXE FRC> zeinest > K Skull

Throw > HS EXE FRC > BL > Small dash > P Skull

Ky

Throw > HS EXE FRC> BL > Small Dash > 2S > 5HS > BLX2 > Small Dash > P Skull

Ky

Robo Ky

Hope it helps!

I definitely gotta practice!

All BLX2 are in fact BL > TK BL, it's important to do some BL as TKs (2147P) if not these combos won't work. By the way, I don't know if it really helps but I'm more successful at landing phantom soul at the end of these combo if I perform it with 2366P instead of short dash > 236P.

yeah, the transcript definitely helps. i made my own transcript for few characters i wanted to practice against (namely eddie and sol ^^ ) and these are a lot harder than the video makes it seem like it is. or i just suck. :) thanks again dh90 and dream maker for the dash tip.

All BLX2 are in fact BL > TK BL, it's important to do some BL as TKs (2147P) if not these combos won't work. By the way, I don't know if it really helps but I'm more successful at landing phantom soul at the end of these combo if I perform it with 2366P instead of short dash > 236P.

Oh really? I haven't been able to practice these combos yet but do you use TK BL for every second badland?

As for videos Voodoo Doll I suggest you edit your post every time new videos get posted so all videos posted can go on the first post so new people don't have to go through multiple pages in order to see certain videos. Even though this thread hasn't reached pages yet it might soon and that would be a good option imo

????:TE: vs :MI: ????

はずむ:AX: VS :TE: かきゅん

Susumu:CH: vs :TE: Kara

Tsukasament:TE: vs. :KY: Machaboo

くろかみ:KY: VS :TE: かきゅん

Takeshi:ED: vs :TE: Rise

ネルネルヤノネール:TE: vs :PO: ローク

ネルネルヤノネール:TE:vs :FA: みょん太

ネルネルヤノネール:TE: vs :FA: Y氏

Yukinose:TE: vs. :KY: Han'oto

Kaqn:SO: vs :TE: Yukinose

Kaqn:OS: vs :TE:Yukinose

Yukinose:TE: vs :OS: Kaqn 1

Yukinose:TE: vs :OS: Kaqn 2

Yukinose:TE: vs :OS: Kaqn 3

Yukinose:TE: vs :OS: Kaqn 4

Here is a good bunch of TE videos for you guys:toot:

Oh really? I haven't been able to practice these combos yet but do you use TK BL for every second badland?

You must do each second Badlands (the second and fourth one in the regular combo) as a TK otherwise there is a chance that it won't reach your opponent (TK Badlands seems to have longer range or at least faster startup than the regular one), it also has shorter recovery afterwards and longer untechable time, so you might not be able to combo your opponent again or knockdown without it.

It's hard to see in those vids but sometimes when Testament does a TK BL you can see him doing the move with several images just like a high jump (this is because the game sometimes registers a high jump before you do the move). If you try to practice these combos, you'll see that you can't success if you only use regular Badlands.

You must do each second Badlands (the second and fourth one in the regular combo) as a TK otherwise there is a chance that it won't reach your opponent (TK Badlands seems to have longer range or at least faster startup than the regular one), it also has shorter recovery afterwards and longer untechable time, so you might not be able to combo your opponent again or knockdown without it.

It's hard to see in those vids but sometimes when Testament does a TK BL you can see him doing the move with several images just like a high jump (this is because the game sometimes registers a high jump before you do the move). If you try to practice these combos, you'll see that you can't success if you only use regular Badlands.

Good to know:eng101:

Thanks DM

i thought it'd be posted by now cause Badguy thanked dustloop and also posted on this thread. :)

anyways, testament tutorials.

part 1 and part 2.

it's pretty basic in the beginning, but many helpful tips and tricks i totally forget to use or never knew about.

i've been told that i'm pretty good for a girl, thank-you for your kind words.

*gasp* so the rumors are true.... you are... a girl... and you play... guilty gear...... :yaaay:

any advice on convincing my g/f to play ggac? she doesnt really like fighting games but she only even attempts to play 3D fighting games like SC3, T5, VF5, and king of fighters maximum impact 2

*gasp* so the rumors are true.... you are... a girl... and you play... guilty gear...... :yaaay:

any advice on convincing my g/f to play ggac? she doesnt really like fighting games but she only even attempts to play 3D fighting games like SC3, T5, VF5, and king of fighters maximum impact 2

you shouldn't have to convince anyone to play the game, that won't really work out in the long run. for playing fighting games, girls are basically a lost cause. the odds of a girl being mentally capable of playing a fighting game at a high level are about one in 500 million(totally fabricated figure ;p). i read somewhere that females tend to suffer at spacial logic/calculating/visualizing trajectories in their head and that may play a role in it. there was a theory mentioned that since males evolved to be hunters that they developed in those abilities, whereas females tend to excel at other things such as language/word associations. my memory is terrible btw and i would have to do more research to be sure.

I'd doubt that. If anything, the reasons are cultural/psychological rather than a disparity in inherent ability, and as time goes on, at least the cultural reasons are already starting to vanish.

wow there is facts to it, who knew lol anyways there arent enough testament matches this bores me, btw Caer when will you guys be recording matches again, i havent seen you play AC Testa yet, i enjoy your ranbats

I'd doubt that. If anything, the reasons are cultural/psychological rather than a disparity in inherent ability, and as time goes on, at least the cultural reasons are already starting to vanish.

I think its more psychological then anything. There really almost isn't anything anyone CAN'T do if they put their mind too it. Sure it's harder for some and easier for others but it still is possible. MOST girls have the mindset that would not allow them to focus their time and allow them to play video games to that calibur.

Another factor IMO is that MOST of us here have been playing video games since maybe we were little. We have already grown accustom to many genres and play styles for HUNDREDS of games (For most people). So when we pick up a game it's alot easier then lets say someone who hasn't played anything at all besides Mario and Zelda lol.

If a girl picked up GG she wouldn't know where each direction the button was and how exactly a game should be played. IT would be a real hard mental battle since most girls don't even know how to play video games.

Thats like putting me to work in a field I've never studied for. Learning to adapt to it would be incredibly hard

anyways there arent enough testament matches this bores me, btw Caer when will you guys be recording matches again, i havent seen you play AC Testa yet, i enjoy your ranbats

Nothing at the moment, since most of us in Lund have gone home for the summer (You pretty much only live in Lund for studying). Only me and Nehle left since we got ourselves jobs here, and we dont have the recording equipment here in any case.

Ranbats start up again sometime in September. Only events before then that I'm attending would be Dropkick (Sweden) and B3C (Germany). I'm really looking forward to that though :toot:

And totally agreed that there's a lack of good Testa-matches. Actually, pretty much the only matches with him that I've enjoyed since the release are the ones with Shounen and Shuumatsu. Most of the horde of other players are just mindnumbingly boring.

There´s gonna be a tournament next monday, so i´ll go with some friends and I really hope they record the matches. If they do that i´ll upload then and show them here.