Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voodoo Doll

Testament AC Vids

Lots of matches of me playing Testament vs Maho (Slayer) (plus a few Anji matches) :

http://www.dailymotion.com/Maho1378/video/x2oymw_maho-sl-vs-dream-maker-te_videogames

You can see the other matches (more than 20) in Maho's profile, any constructive critics and advices for both of us would be greatly appreciated.

Shounen :TE: vs Tsubasa :AN: , Nakamura :MI: , Komayuki :ED:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RthGT8F1WJE

I suppose everyone's seen it by now but I thought it deserved to be commemorated here. Shounen plays really well here, and shows why he's the best. Frankly I've been a bit disappointed by the matches of him after the first ones against Ruu, but these are back to his usual level. Nice stuff with curse loop from random setup on Tsubasa, and he just baited out Nakamura like anything.

Wow, more Shounen madness. about your matches, sometimes you tend to rely or to try to BL loop too much, its ok to BL loop after a throw or a really nice set-up, but now always like after a sweep, or in situations when you see you wouldnt be able to loop them but you try it anyways, in that kind of situations I usually let them fall, and place a net or something like that as an Okizeme, that way you can make your game safer and stronger. I`ve been playing against an Axl player lately. Fortunately he`s a 2H whorer, so i`ve been developing strategies against him, for example. Try to be as close to axl as posible, he cant do that much if you`re right in front of him, try to go for a knockdown first, and then pressure (be careful with Tenhouseki "the counter"). now the problem is, how do I approach to axl?? sometimes, if he`s in the air, I IAD.+D, or IAD BL. or wait until he lands and throw a S exe beast frc and dash into pressure expecting a knockdown. If he likes to throw Rashousen (that unblockable ball)I always jump and D or BL or FB Gravedigger, why? because even if he fakes the ball, you still have time to react and punish, so, as soon as you see a blue ball on axl arms, jump and punish. at the beginning its hard to do on reaction (I still cant do it consistently) but after practice you will master it. more axl help soon.

thnx for the advice diveman, your right tho sumtimes i go for TK-BL too much i need to get that outta my system, at the time i was really bad with spottin the unblockable ball but i think i've gotten use to jumpin on reaction. after watchin my own matches i was thinkin of throwin more warrants is that a good idea?

Good matches, you have a pretty good zoning game with traps and pokes IMO. You should FRC EXE HS in combos (you didn't on those vids, got unlucky maybe ?) it is really important in Testament's game because it leads to good damage combos that put your opponent in the corner from almost anywhere. Also it seems you had pretty easy time to anticipate Eddie's HS invite hell with back IAD's, so try going for warrant instead, he won't use this move too often or without a FRC after that. ^^

heh thanks. yeah i just missed those FRCs with hs EXE. I still need to work on that. About the warrent-drills. sometimes he's putting me on some frame disadvantage that if I try to warrent it won't work or I'm abit far from the drill to warrent yet i'll get hit if I try it. That's why I IAD back. If you get hit by a drill it's a free knockdown - a bad situation for testi :S

Good matches, you have a pretty good zoning game with traps and pokes IMO. You should FRC EXE HS in combos (you didn't on those vids, got unlucky maybe ?) it is really important in Testament's game because it leads to good damage combos that put your opponent in the corner from almost anywhere.

Also it seems you had pretty easy time to anticipate Eddie's HS invite hell with back IAD's, so try going for warrant instead, he won't use this move too often or without a FRC after that. ^^

i'd like to comment on it but he pretty much said all i was going to say. the commentary sounded great! lol it was enjoyable

I have two comments in regard to much older posts in this thread ^_^ The first, is if you're having trouble with 2D HSEXE FRC, run up, S sjc j.P j.K j.S j.HS 1hitBL (in corner) HS web etc. Try doing run up S web, then do a running normal jump j.K j.S j.HS 1hitBL. You'll land a lot earlier and are more likely to reverse your position and be in the corner. I just find it easier. The second comment is way back on women playing fighting games. I know some women who have amazing reflexes and hand-eye coordination that would serve them quite well in fighting games. Unfortunately, they're just generally not interested in such blatant bash-fests. It's definitely more psychological than anything to do with abilities. Heck, my youngest sister is an amazing gamer. If she cared enough, she could probably surpass me in Guilty Gear, or get damn close at the very least, but she's more interested in old school platformers, actio[finput][/finput]dventures, and puzzle games.

One thing I can say really quick after only having watched the first half of matches: more k phantom soul when you get a chance. Slayer's jhs doesn't care about your webs or trees. Also, I don't know if you knew you could combo 2d into zeinest into air combo. You did p phantom soul instead, which is also good, but just saying if you didn't know you could combo zeinest after 2d on Slayer if you're close enough to p soul.