Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Voodoo Doll

Testament AC Vids

There´s gonna be a tournament next monday, so i´ll go with some friends and I really hope they record the matches. If they do that i´ll upload then and show them here.

sweet i'll be looking forward too them, as for myself sooner or later i'll record some vids but i warn from now my testa is kinda weak so yeah lol

I know this is not an AC vid, but its from this Monday´s tourney (wich is supposed to be the last Slash tourney here).

Caer/Rabitecake: You can delete this post if is not correct to post it here =P

Guilty Gear XX Slash finals, organized by F4lco asosiation Iqq, Chile 02/07/2007

Ozaky :SO: vs Diveman :TE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stsKC2s-fkE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgrupofalco%2Ewordpress%2Ecom%2F

As i said before, i focused on zoning more than on long combos or rushdown, because I was fighting sol and he´s so stupid in slash, that is better not to be so reckless. Besides that, i´ve playing AC only, that´s why I missed the gravedigger loop sometimes (im ashamed) and that random f.s were supposed to be Exe B frc but that stupid pad wasnt my friend :P

Altough i didnt like the way i played, im very ashamed =(

dont worry diveman i know exactly how u feel, i kinda play the same with when fighting sol jus cuz he is retarded like that =S and i get those random f.s when i really want a EXE FRC too lol and i swear going back to slash testa feels so wrong i cant do it anymore lol

not bad man, that 1-hit loop was nice, but you have to work on your Ozikeme, instead of OTG the opp, lay a net before they wake up, throw k phantom souls, etc. but nice overall

heres 2 vids of me playin against some friends, we are from toronto (mississauga)

(im MDK the testament player)

MDK :TE: vs Dice :FA:

MDK :TE: vs Dawnbringer :AN:

yeah i know im a warrant whore, im tryin to get outta that habit lol

this probably wasnt some of my best play but i did okay, im just looking for constructive criticism, tips, advice, and strategies

Well, I saw like 2 or 3 missed warrants against faust, and you know a missed warrant its like you´re begging him to kill you. So i advice you to throw warrant when hes pressuring, so, turtle a bit, make him think that he got you and then throw warrant (FRC/RCit if he blocks). That faust guy is really good BTW, nice matches man, keep going.

Hey, looking good :thumbu: My main gripe would be that you don't capitalise quite enough on the damage potential you have. More EXE FRC combos would be good. Specifically against Anji you went for 4 hits to BL 4 or 5 times instead of just finishing him off with the 75% tension you had. I have a bit of trouble commenting on the first one, because it was so choppy I couldn't really follow it very well, but yeah, a bit more careful on those warrants. You use it even more than me, and that's saying some. ;) And I don't actually find a missed warrant to be THAT dangerous. Sure, if it's in the middle of their pressure it's generally easy for them to just keep doing what they were doing and punish you big time, but if it's for baiting a poke or the like, it's usually quite hard to punish it since a poke isn't designed for bringing you big damage (for most characters), and the animation is only 40 frames anyway, only a bit worse than laying a tree which people do all the time anyway, and without the counterhit state that goes with it..

yah dice and his faust is crazy, sometimes i find it hard to keep him down where i want him, overall hes probably a better player then i am but i win occasionally

i jus watched the vid on youtube and your rite the vid is very choppy im gunna upload it somewhere if anyone wants to download it

btw caer i learnt that corner warrant combo OMG that is like rape for 25%

all i pretty much do now is while in the corner wait for faust to throw the paper bag warrant it and bust the combo from there wh0o0o0o!

the main reason i dont often do the HS EXE FRC combos is i find it a bit hard to do mid-screen but i can do it easily in the corner but i never seem to get the opportunity but i'll be workin on that since it will definitely help. what would you say is the best 25% tension combo mid-screen combo (no IAD combos, too hard lol)

edit

download link MDK (TE) vs Dice (FA)

http://files.filefront.com/GGAC+++MDK+TE+vs+Dice+FAwmv/;8036749;;/fileinfo.html

For the characters it works on, I recommend the following combos for when you start the combo at the opponents starting position or closer. The two variants works on different characters, so pick whichever one that works. The trick for these is just to retain as much momentum for the super jump as possible. Close to the corner 6P > S > 2D > HS EXE FRC > dash S > sj > jP > jK > jS > jHS > BL 1-hit > (land in the corner) > HS > Net > tk BL > 236P close to the corner 6P > S > 2D > HS EXE FRC > dash S > sj > jP > jS > jHS > jD > BL 1-hit > (land in the corner) > HS > Net > tk BL > 236P When you are further away, this one is generally easier to do. Just be sure that you run in as deep as you can after the FRC: Midscreen 6P > S > 2D > HS EXE FRC > dash in deep K > S > sj > jP > jK > jS > jHS > BL 1-hit > (land in the corner) > HS > Net > tk BL > 236P If you are even farther from the corner, it's a bit iffy. I'd say just knock them into the corner behind you and go from there. These combos work on most characters, but there are some exceptions, like Venom, where it's hard as hell to land it. I generally find this to be the best option since it gives you that precious corner knockdown for only 25% tension, as well as giving the tension penalty time to wear off for when you go for the next one. Damage isn't remarkable, but decent enough.

For the characters it works on, I recommend the following combos for when you start the combo at the opponents starting position or closer. The two variants works on different characters, so pick whichever one that works. The trick for these is just to retain as much momentum for the super jump as possible.

Close to the corner 6P > S > 2D > HS EXE FRC > dash S > sj > jP > jK > jS > jHS > BL 1-hit > (land in the corner) > HS > Net > tk BL > 236P

close to the corner 6P > S > 2D > HS EXE FRC > dash S > sj > jP > jS > jHS > jD > BL 1-hit > (land in the corner) > HS > Net > tk BL > 236P

When you are further away, this one is generally easier to do. Just be sure that you run in as deep as you can after the FRC:

Midscreen 6P > S > 2D > HS EXE FRC > dash in deep K > S > sj > jP > jK > jS > jHS > BL 1-hit > (land in the corner) > HS > Net > tk BL > 236P

If you are even farther from the corner, it's a bit iffy. I'd say just knock them into the corner behind you and go from there.

These combos work on most characters, but there are some exceptions, like Venom, where it's hard as hell to land it. I generally find this to be the best option since it gives you that precious corner knockdown for only 25% tension, as well as giving the tension penalty time to wear off for when you go for the next one. Damage isn't remarkable, but decent enough.

will these combos work if i start it with 2K?

also i find it a bit hard after the 1-hit BL to catch them with HS, i can do it with S > HS but then i cant get zeinest

again thanks for the help, going to a big tournament tomorrow! =)

The last Testa player is Goran. Looks like you made a mistake in the title of your team match vid, it's DI/CH/TE vs BA/DI/PO not vs VE/FA/AN

oops thats what i get for postin really late at nite i was mad tired. thnx caer for fixin it. well today is the big canadian tournament called "T8" wish my testa good luck! hopefully i will bring bak vids =)

Good luck =) And yes, by the way. 2K can almost always be substituted for 6P. Just the damage that gets worse, but it's still worth it if you get a good knockdown from it. Just don't use more than 25% on it. Also, gotta say that I was really impressed by ABEGEN. Two beautiful slashbacks to Pochi Buster. Goran is still playing very well though. And once again mad props to Rise, again and again proving himself as someone on a higher level than most. Notice he did the exact combovid-combo that he did on ky in the CMV? :yaaay:

Good luck =)

And yes, by the way. 2K can almost always be substituted for 6P. Just the damage that gets worse, but it's still worth it if you get a good knockdown from it. Just don't use more than 25% on it.

Also, gotta say that I was really impressed by ABEGEN. Two beautiful slashbacks to Pochi Buster. Goran is still playing very well though.

And once again mad props to Rise, again and again proving himself as someone on a higher level than most. Notice he did the exact combovid-combo that he did on ky in the CMV? :yaaay:

yup i booked it too!

lol i actually pulled that today myself at T8 so crazy shit

SR1 :DI: vs Yoi :TE:

okay this isnt the greatest testament player but he did do something i thought was interesting...

at 1:31 he does a simple combo into badlands, airdash towards his opponent does zeinest, then badlands (cross-up) all before he lands. in the video dizzy flies forward.

okay so when i was fooling around in training mode i tried the same idea, instead when i did the cross up badlands he flew into the web i put when i airdashed. then you can dash jump and get a free combo off it BUT what if it was MOP-zeinest?!?!

so i came up with this setup (this only works midscreen)...

any combo ending with badlands > MOP

> airdash > MOP-zeinest (before you land) > BL-1hit (cross-up, before you land) > enemy falls into MOP zeinest > dash under MOP-hitomi > path 1,2, or 3

path 1 > K > S > JC > j.K > j.S > j.HS > BL-1hit > p-skull (2 dolls)

path 2 > dash back > k-skull (2 dolls)

path 3 > HS > MOP-zeinest > HS > K-skull > small dash > j.HS > j.D > BL-1hit (best path with 3 dolls)

path 3 gives you the best result!

1 - almost full effect of poison :keke:

2 - a free knockdown :keke:

3 - k-skull :keke:

note: for path 3 be aware that the bird CAN screw up the j.HS > j.D > BL-1hit, but who cares you dealt your damage this round is yours lol

i havent tried this on any of my friends yet but i figure characters with weak wake up options it should work

okay i tried that MOP setup i made up on a friend it seems that if the combo ends with BL > MOP the opponent is too far away, so what i ended up doing was connecting a combo with MOP, saved my dolls as best as i cud until i did a combo ending with jus BL and did it from there. it works so nicely =) i also edited path 3 to work out a bit better path 3 > HS > MOP-zeinest > HS > K-skull > small dash > K > S > bird or succubus atk* > TK-BL (best path with 3 dolls) *i tested this with every parttern, after you do a small dash > K > S > immediately do a TK-BL for a nice knockdown