Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CT] Carl Clover Combos: Clap Trap Inside

I've tried to input it earlier. (Sadly, it still doesn't combo) *buzzer sound*. Happily it does combo. Its tough but one must input the 8D almost immediately before inputting 2D. I apologize for doubting your wisdom senseis :sweatdrop:. The good news is that if you screw up this combo u get a good reset opportunity. You only get it if they tech forward or backward tech.

Yeaaaaaaaah, that's what my friend started doing. So I started doing something pretty nifty. I think it works on the whole cast, too. I grab them so that it's at like... Slighty above Nirvana's head, and just short of a character distance away. What this does it it makes it so that if they tech early, right as they're ALMOST able to tech towards/away/try to do something to get away, the clap hits them. Like... it's pretty close. BUT If they tech late, the very edge of the circle nails them, and the reset off that is SUPER easy to do vs most the cast. If they don't tech, the clap misses them, they bounce, and I regrab. GGs, I guess. Works against all the cast I've fought. It also means that if Rachel does the wind the wrong way, she gets reset pretty easily. I dunno about Haku's counter, though. Haven't had one do it yet.

Nice work guys. lets keep working on this and make ppl real snifflelz when they play us and get hit lol. Ive started to notice in vids when Carl even touches someone on the ground, they like, with no regards, burst IMMEDIATELY lol. Its hilarious.

Just a reminder 2b 2c can work after 8 or 9 hits you just have to be faster with it.

really? when my 2b is the 9th hit then 2c is blackbeat.

But it depends on what combo you're doing i think, different moves affect more on hitstun.

liek when i do

5c 6d 2a 5a 5b 5c 6d 2b 3c to knockdown (9 hits)

into 2b 2c

the 2c hit becomes blackbeat :psyduck:

Extremely late throw tech gets out of this, I believe. Doesn't mean I wont do it ;) Edit: What char is making the throw tech into 2c 8c harder TGS? Taokaka??

Hmm... It seems that it is still wise to also learn character specific throw setups in case you come across people who can consistently get out of this setup. Is an extremely late throw tech a guaranteed escape?

im thinking that the timing of the 8D has to be as late as possible so if they do late tech they still get caught and if they dont the 8D will whiff and they will bounce. being that some of the char specific claptraps require you for the 8D to whiff in the first place. In reference to that char specific combo vid and match vids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKhhM-57PU8

But yeah im still practicing the char specific loops anyway. Itll be good for versatility.

This method is easy, but it's the most inconsistent.

There may be a window of escape for some of the cast no matter how well you time it, where as with the character-specific loop variations, the point at which the opponent techs doesn't matter.

If you watch the 'Carl's loop on everyone' video, you'll see this method used on Ragna at least (because he has a chance to escape other variations anyway), but the character specific loops are shown for a reason.

All and all, I'm fairly sure it's possible to escape with any character if they time it late enough (clap active time ends about the same time the throw escape window does.) They should also be able to time it so that they are hit by both hits, causing them to drop differently. If the character has easier means of escaping the normal loop, however, you might as well go for it.

Actually its in the last 2 videos that autonomousR posted today. The 2nd vid shows how the opponent can potentially get out of it if you time the 8D wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IomvFfUTU6k&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-3IHrdZXk&feature=channel_page

I don't believe it was necessarily timed wrong. I just think it's escapable no matter what.

If throw escape gives you even 2 invuln frames, it's fully escapable.

Is camping out in training mode the best way to learn the clap loop ? I always mess it up when I try to go for it in real matches

starting off from realistic launches is the best way to get the clap loop.

Try 2A, 2B, 3C, InstantAirDash, J.2C, Alle~can, 2C, 8]D[, 2C, 8]D[, walk forward, JB+C~8]D[

Be sure to switch up the loop based on character weight/size.

I find it best to hit Tager/Bang/V/Haku like this:

Walk forward, Superjump w/ 8, JB+C~8]D[. After the first rep I buffer 7 to walk nirvana a little each rep.

{[7]JB+C~8]D[~[D]} xN

Midweigths (Not Tager/V/H/Bang/Carl/Noel)

Walk forward, jump w/ 8, Delay, Descending JB+C~8]D[, AirDash, JB+C~8]D[, 6P~8]D[, JumpDelay, Descending JB+C~8]D[, AirDash, JB+C~8]D[,

Lightweights (Carl/Noel)

Walk forward, Superjump w/ 8, Delay, LOW Descending JB+C~8]D[, AirDash, JB+C~8]D[, 6P~8]D[, JumpDelay, Descending JB+C~8]D[, AirDash, JB+C~8]D[,

Lightweights (Carl/Noel)

Walk forward, Superjump w/ 8, Delay, LOW Descending JB+C~8]D[, AirDash, JB+C~8]D[, 6P~8]D[, JumpDelay, Descending JB+C~8]D[, AirDash, JB+C~8]D[,

Yesterday I was playing my friend's Noel and it ends up that i threw him so low that when he teched, the 8D actually missed (think universal clap loop style). I'm doing 8D the usual timing as i do my throw loop, so it might be wise to delay 8D a bit for these characters.

Also, the universal clap loop is definitely techable if u tech late enough, friend learned timing. Asides from that, even when he fails and gets hit, some wierd reason they bounce to the other side of Nirvana sometimes... anyone offer light?

Hey, I was just wondering if someone can maybe confirm this combo. 2b, 3c (22d), 2a, 5b jc Air Throw [D], 6]D[ Air Throw into clap trap. I'm having trouble doing the 2b 3c 22d iad 2c alle~can combos, and I was toying around trying to figure out something simpler, not as damaging, but may be more reliable for a newb carl player like myself. If someone can confirm that the above combo works, it might be sort of a bridge combo for people who wanna learn carl but don't have the execution quite yet. The combo numbers stay bright red, which I think means that the combo is legit, but I have no idea wtf is going on in this game (only 6 or so hours played, only 2 in training mode).

The problem with the combo you proposed would be that they can always tech out of that first air throw, freeing them of the combo, with nothing to keep them stuck afterward. Good thinking, though! I'm still having trouble getting down the basic combo as well.

Hey, I was just wondering if someone can maybe confirm this combo. 2b, 3c (22d), 2a, 5b jc Air Throw [D], 6]D[ Air Throw into clap trap.

I'm having trouble doing the 2b 3c 22d iad 2c alle~can combos, and I was toying around trying to figure out something simpler, not as damaging, but may be more reliable for a newb carl player like myself. If someone can confirm that the above combo works, it might be sort of a bridge combo for people who wanna learn carl but don't have the execution quite yet.

The combo numbers stay bright red, which I think means that the combo is legit, but I have no idea wtf is going on in this game (only 6 or so hours played, only 2 in training mode).

I'm asusming you mean 8D in that combo? That means you and Nirvana is on the same side and opponent can easily tech away.

If you're gonna try that, you might as well try something like

2b, 3c (22d), 236a, 2a, 5b jc Air Throw [D], 8]D[ and so on...

do the 22d early enough and at least they'll be trapped in between nirvana and carl...

So..the clap loop. Can it be escaped through bursting? If so, when?

I believe Iv'e seen buppa burst out of right when carl hits you with the first 2C that's setting it up, but can it be bursted out of anytime after that?

It can be bursted every time Carl needs to do a hit pretty much.

Earlier the better, people usually burst after getting hit by 3C and seeing an IAD.

Carl, thanks for the shout out. Zoogstin, you're probably right. I may be going back to neutral too soon. Other times it's probably because I'm hitting D again too early. Carl takes some patience alright. With 2a, 2b, 3c, 22a, IAD, Alle-can, 2c, 8d, loop... it seems rather hard to hit-confirm. I've noticed that if I'm not buffering 22a well before 3c comes out, Nirvana ends up behind me instead. It's something I definitely need to work on. What is the best option if you are being blocked? I'm thinking 2a, 2b (blocked), 5c, IAD or whatever.

Just a followup, I've been messing around recording this loop method in training mode and trying to escape it, and I have been able to find a tech point that gets me out of it every time. Granted it has pretty picky timing, but it exists. The traditional loop works better because the clap doesn't start until slightly after the grab, so it becomes active around the time that the opponent's invincibility will wear off after breaking at the earliest possible point, instead of the clap's active frames ceasing right at the last frames of throw-escape possibility, which gives them that chance to escape. Likewise, the bounce parts of the 'Carl's loop on everyone' video may need to be revisited, since it should be possible to escape those as well. If I find any sort of magic early clap loop timing, I'll let you know.

Hey Kyle, can we get a thread that just contains Carl's character specific loops, with updates and all that jazz? Also, what are the most damaging combos that can be landed on Rachel and Haku regularly?

so i noticed that the char specific loops have become alot easier to do after practicing that universal one. i guess having to change clap timing while dashing and moving Nirvana paid off. Ppl found out how to escape the universal, but like Sigma said in the char specific loops the part where they bounce the char off the ground have an escape window. But if someone is getting looped they would they wait that long to try and get out and eat all that dmg? since its not that early in the combo, save for tager/ragna/nu. Im trying to adjust the loop to drop that part of it all together idk if its possible.

For Rachel and Haku I use: 1) j.C, 2B, 3C, [22D], IAD, 2C~Allecan, 5C [D], j.B+8]D[, 2C, 8D, Allegretto, 8D - 3378dmg. 2) j.C, 2B, 3C, [22D], IAD, 2C~Allecan, 5C [D], j.B+8]D[, 2C, 8D, 632146C, 8D, 2C, Brio - 3792dmg. If you have them in loop situation (C-opp-N) i do: 1) 5B[D], 5C, 6D, j.C, 5B, 5C, 6D, jC, 5B, 5C, cantabile, 8]D[, 2C, 8D, Allegretto, 8D - 4257dmg. 2) 5B[D], 5C, 6D, j.C, 5B, 5C, 6D, jC, 5B, 5C, cantabile, 8]D[, 2C, 8D, 632146C , 8D, 2C, Brio - 4739dmg. 3) 5B[D], 5C, 6D, j.C, 5B, 5C, 6D, jC, 5B, 5C, 236236D, *will uncombo after 3rd hit so do reset of choice.

so i noticed that the char specific loops have become alot easier to do after practicing that universal one. i guess having to change clap timing while dashing and moving Nirvana paid off. Ppl found out how to escape the universal, but like Sigma said in the char specific loops the part where they bounce the char off the ground have an escape window. But if someone is getting looped they would they wait that long to try and get out and eat all that dmg? since its not that early in the combo, save for tager/ragna/nu. Im trying to adjust the loop to drop that part of it all together idk if its possible.

The reason it's in the character specific combos is for filler, so it's possible you could substitute it for one of the other relaunch methods. After a while, 6A~8D will become techable, and that's really the whole reason it's necessary right now. I know with Jin at least you move to the trickier 2C~8D relaunch for a couple of reps until resorting to using a RC. The main problem with that is the low distance from the ground that is needed, but I think it would be possible on the characters that had bounces in their combo.

I'll see if I can come up with anything.

Hey guys I have some problem with a certain combo. First I would like to note that I know of the technique to hold D right after releasing to negate Nirvana's activation animation. First I practiced in the corner the combo (jC 5B 6B (6D))x3 to get used to this method. What I noticed that if I hold D as soon as I released it, it won't work and Nirvana didn't attack. If I waited for Nirvana's attack animation to begin it would work. Now, I try to do this basic combo (2a 5a 5b 5c (6d) 66) x n For some reason Nirvana doesn't attack on the second iteration, any idea why? I also having a hard time to dash, and sometimes I try to combo this without the dash. Edit: Okay I just figured out why Nirvana didn't attack, he was still in recovery from 6D, I omitted alot of times the 5a and that's why it didn't attack. Still anyone got some pointers regarding the dash?

I recommend jumping rather than dashing. B/C some character while crouching you can not do 2A, 5A. & j.C/J.2C is far greater than 2A, 5A. As Jumping you can. Just do Either J.C Or J.2C, Alle~can. Obviously distance will determine which is necessary. finishing this combo thread. Lots of post will be moved. lol