Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CT] Carl Clover Combos: Clap Trap Inside

2a,2b,22d,3c> jc. IAD j2c alle-can> [2c>8d]*3>throw loop. Guaranteed 0-death if they have no burst/aren't carl,ragna,hakumen,rachel/you don't mess up. Pretty much the best combo for any situation ever.

To add to what Zoogstin said; For Arakune/Haku/Rachel since their hitboxes are really hard or impossible in Arakunes case to 2C after Allecan, I use: Rachel/Haku - 2B, 3C (22D), IAD J.2C, allecan, 5C[D], J.C]8D[, Claploop. Arakune - 2B, 3C (22D), IAD J.2C, allecan, J.9B+C+D, Clap trap. Zoogstin's method works well too but the window to hit the 2B after vivace is EXTREMELY small. Also since you cannot clap trap Rachel or Haku (against ppl who know what they are doing at least....) this method gives you some extra damage.

Alright pplz, Ive been camping in training mode working on a pretty much universal claptrap for the entire cast. Its pretty much the easiest once you have the timing down and inescapable by tech or misplaced burst. This is for everyone except Rachel/Haku of course since i auto-omit them. And Nu/Tager/Bang since i have an even better method for them.

combo of choice into {J.B+C+8D, [D], 66, 8]D[~B+C, 6[D] (move nirvana backwards a lil)}xN.

For Nu/Tager/Bang - J.B+C+8D, [D],----> { B+C ]D[ }xN.

When you are air dashing forward, release the 8D RIGHT before the B+C so that if they tech the grab they are hit by the clap, but if they dont the clap ends as Carl is smacking them downwards and they highbounce off the ground. While you are waiting for them to fall back down you should already be holding 6D which moves Nirvana backwards a little bit since you must jump up and catch them as soon as you leave the ground, which might put you too high when you are air dashing into Nirvana again. This way you wont dash over Nirvana by accident. Make sure you properly space your self out for the initial grab so your not too close or too far from Nirvanas clap. Saves having to master char-specific claptraps, some of which are awkward in execution and timing. Ive tested many scenarios let me know if you guys find out anything more and how its going.

For Arakune/Haku/Rachel since their hitboxes are really hard or impossible in Arakunes case to 2C after Allecan, I use: Rachel/Haku - 2B, 3C (22D), IAD J.2C, allecan, 5C[D], J.C]8D[, Claploop. Arakune - 2B, 3C (22D), IAD J.2C, allecan, J.9B+C+D, Clap trap.

Good posting. I saw a video of that earlier and planned to practice it. From what it looks like its pretty universal like you said. I was kind of bitter though when I saw it because of all the work I was putting in on character specific juggles. The only problem with this is that if you do the second 8]D[ too early and opponent throwbreaks late the 8D will dissapear before hitting them.

To add to what Zoogstin said;

For Arakune/Haku/Rachel since their hitboxes are really hard or impossible in Arakunes case to 2C after Allecan, I use:

Rachel/Haku - 2B, 3C (22D), IAD J.2C, allecan, 5C[D], J.C]8D[, Claploop.

Arakune - 2B, 3C (22D), IAD J.2C, allecan, J.9B+C+D, Clap trap.

Zoogstin's method works well too but the window to hit the 2B after vivace is EXTREMELY small. Also since you cannot clap trap Rachel or Haku (against ppl who know what they are doing at least....) this method gives you some extra damage.

There's a 5-Frame buffer window on all inputs. SO this extremely small input window is CAKE is you tap early and hold. 2.

No prob Zeero. @Zoogstin, where is this vid u speak of? i wanna see it too. might help with tightening up the positioning. Im prob gonna make a showcase vid demonstrating it soon. Good thing about this is that its pretty easy to see where your combo might have an escape window and fix it. Question: where is it generally the safest place for them to burst in this combo? Sometimes i can punish other times i get knocked back too far to even do wheel super to punish. Does it also depend on what type of burst they do?

I am guessing Zoog is talking about this vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKhhM-57PU8

Zoog is right, it is kind of bitter, because with this, now Carl's throw loop is officially:

"Easy to do 100% combos"

but he still sucks as a character imo. Wait till they remove this (if they do) and see carl drop back to bottom lol.

Great work Chaz. This will definitely make Carl more appealing to other players & we can do the character specific combo's like pro's. =D I'm hitting training mode in a few hours and I'm looking for variations which give the "sweet spot"/Corner. {JB+C , 8]D[ (whiff)}xN

Yeah I saw that vid. I did use it for reference but it had different variations for each char. I was staring at the screen in amazement when i first saw that. It still is rediculous lol.

Good shit, Chaz. After doing this, I'm kinda getting it down consistently, but now the problem is when they tech. Sometimes when they tech into the clap, the clap hits twice, causing them to fall to the ground fast where Carl can't dash in and re-launch them with 2C. Is it a matter of doing the clap earlier or what? And if I do the clap too early, obviously it'll whiff if they don't tech, but I guess you can just go into the re-jump air throw loop or something...

i havent had the clap hit twice after the tech at all yet, what char was it on? for relaunch after tech i dash in 2C loopx2 into trap again, or dash in 5b jc. grab into trap. Those vids are exactly what i was doing lol! That guy took my colour too :arg: Only difference is the way he dashed over nirvana while doing the loop. if u grab them behind nirvana and they tech, theyll get knocked the other direction away from Carl. If you feel you are too close to nirvana and you will eventually dash over her, you can do an early 8D to B+C on the rejump portion so the clap whiffs and they bounce off the ground. that way you can get some time to move nirvana backwards a bit.

I tried this on my friend yesterday and a really late tech on the 2nd airthrow makes it easier to escape. Of course it was hard for him to time the tech to be really late lol.

Well when i do 2b 2c, the 8D comes pretty close. If they tech the 2b 2c, they're probably mashing unaware that it doesnt actually combos after the 8 or 9 hits, and tech right into the 8D >=D If you want to avoid the 2b 2c, allecan always works lol.

Great Guide. Kudos to both kyle and zeero for consolidating this information. I have a quick question though. I'm having trouble with Carl-Nirvana-Opponent #4. I can't seem to get the third rep. I'm only able to get two. Could ya help me out.

What do you mean you can't get the third rep? Like 8D isnt hitting... or people are teching from 2C... etc.

i get the last 2C to hit fine. I try to make it hit as late as possible. they still seem to be too high so they tech before 8D hits. I can't figure out how to get them lower. this is on Ragna btw.

Did you try inputting 8D earlier? If that doesn't work, maybe the combo i listed is wrong :vbang: they're mostly done from recalls of vids and this combo isnt used at all often... I'll test it out a bit later, maybe it doesn't work 3x :)