Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CT] Carl Clover Combos: Clap Trap Inside

623C, 8]D[, walk forward, 2C, Raise The Roof. or 623C, 5B, 2]D[, Vivace, 2C, Raise The Roof.

Aight so clap trap on Litchi is making me want to throw my joystick. her hitbox is pretty ass. when i want the clap to hit its whiffing pretty well. anybody have it consistent on her wanna give some insight?

Aight so clap trap on Litchi is making me want to throw my joystick. her hitbox is pretty ass. when i want the clap to hit its whiffing pretty well. anybody have it consistent on her wanna give some insight?

well from the carl loop vid he whiffs on purpose to jump straight n throw lol.

But really... clap trap isn't meant to be consistent lol. All i can say is delay your 8D?

Confirmed against standing Tager. 5B, 6B, SJ, 2C, J.B, J.C, Land, 5B, 6B, SJ, 2C, J.B, J.C, Land, 2B, 3C, 632146C, J.B, J.C, Allegretto BIG DAMAGE. No Nirvana. :v::v::v: Basically, you can use this if Tager Magna-tech's to Kill nirvana. LOL

As if that matchup wasn't already bad for Tager with Nirvana alive... Lol. Good shit though. Wonder if that would work on other characters with tall/wide hitboxes as well...

6B, J.2C doesn't work on Jin/Bang standing or crouching.. so I assume it won't work on anyone else. :gonk: Ch 6B launches. Maybe off of CH 5B. But only the first rep would work. =X

5B, 6B, SJ, 2C, J.B, J.C, Land, 5B, 6B, SJ, 2C, J.B, J.C, Land, 2B, 3C, 632146C - 3962 damage 5B, 6B, SJ, 2C, J.B, J.C, Land, 5B, 6B, SJ, 2C, J.B, J.C, Land, 2B, 3C - same thing without super - 3576 damage

I've been trying to find another loop on Ragna that can work in place of the bounce loop. It seems that the light character loop (low grab>8D>AD>B+C~8D>6A~8D>etc) works for about the first half of the combo, but since the orb will hit Ragna twice instead of just once, I think only 1 6A~8D is possible instead of the usual 2. The timing on the 8D needs to be slightly different on Ragna it seems, since he will bounce even if you hit it later than the bounce timing on other characters. Basically I just release D after inputting the grab and it seems to work properly. Going to check to see if this changes the escape-ability of the combo at all. Update: Scratch that, the extra hit doesn't influence the tech window, you can do the full Jin combo on Ragna as well if you time it slightly differently. His hitbox also seems more forgiving than Jin's in terms of how low he can fall before you need to grab again. I'll check for any escape windows. Update the II: I found escape points for Ragna if he's not positioned perfectly during the dash grabs, or following the 6A~8D>j.B+C reset. I'm testing out some different timings, but the clap loop in general is not looking good for Ragna. :(

Standing Tager- Easy Mode 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, 6]D[, 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, 6]D[, 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, 6]D[, 5B, 6B, 623C, 8]D[, 2C,, 8]D[, SJ, (Airthrow, JB+C) Win 5B, 6B, J.B, J.C, RC, J.B, Land, J.B, J.C, Allegretto. Pointless & fun. =P

I wish I could understand this stuff, reading this is alot like opening my Visual Basic textbook for the first time. All I can do is button mash and whack my girlfriend with the creepy puppet.

2D + 2A & 3D + 6C Anyone tried summoning nirvana into these. Something like =>blocked stuff+summon 6B RC crossover j.2C~allecan unblock. It'd be nice if we found a way to get infinites off of successful blocks. I'm gonna start looking for it.

If you cross them up then hopefully you hit them with the j.2C allecan and then you can just into the loop from there. This is a simple unblockable setup. Its effective if you don't use it often and people are too use to Nirvana's 6D. blocked: 2A 5A 5B 2D 6B 2B. The 2D and the 2B should hit at the same time. yes there is a gaping whole in this strings but its a decent mixup that will allow you to go straight into the loop.

Carl's Cantata Distortion can also be used to set up for the Clap Trap. Just position Nirvana on the other side of the twirling gear and have her clap a second before the distortion ends. The shock ring will catch the victim before he/she has a chance to get launched back from the distortion. You pretty much know what to do from there. Haven't read this whole topic, so I dunno if this has been mentioned before. But it's a good way for beginners who have a hard time linking together Carl's frames. The easiest way to set up for this particular strategy is using the loop which involves Carl's 5A+B+C and Nirvana's 6D and then cancelling it with a standard grab with Carl (The one where he slams the opponent into the ground). As Carl is slamming the opponent, you can buff up for Uruwashi no Cantata. Since the grab stuns the opponent for a few seconds, it's a guaranteed tech trap with which you can use to set up for the loop.

Got my 360.

Got my BB.

Carl is BROKEN.

Here's the real shit guys:

How to combo Litchi:

2C, 8]D[, SuperJump*Apex of jump*(JB+C,8]D[)x6. If done on the highest point of Carl's SuperJump you can combo exactly like Bang/Nu/Tager/Hakumen, exact vs LITCHI! DAAAMN

How to combo Ragna:

2C, 8]D[, SuperJump*Apex,Jump again, JB+C, 8]D[.

IF he throw breaks, InfernoDivider: It will miss Nirvana. Carl/Nirvana has enough recovery to punish the missed InfernoDivider with 236236]D[ into whatever...

IF he did not throw break, Nirvana can combo another 8]D[, Carl -SuperJump *Apex, Jump again, JB+C, 8]D[. REPEAT

Standing Hakumen:

CH J.2C (Hits feet), J.C, Land, 2B, 3C, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5C, SJ.B, dj, J.2C, J.C = 3325

Fighting anyone, No NIRVANA:

CH 5C, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5B, 623C, 5B, SJ.B, dj, J.2C, j.C = 2940

A few more style points with 3C, IAD, j.2C, alle~can, 5C, J.C, 8]D[, Backdash, (2C, 8]D[)~Death

I wanna be helpful, too!

So I took notes of all the variations in the "Carl's Loop On Everyone" video.

I've decided to use my own abbreviations, since it's a LOT to write out otherwise.

If there are better variations out there, let me know (more damage in less time, more burst proof, less Nirvana meter conserved, etc). Also, Kyle, you should edit the first post to contain all this info+your variations and stuff. mmhmm.

Basic notes!

w - whiff: make it so that the 8]d[ in j.bc+8]d[ misses the opponent

h - hit: make it so that the 8]d[ in j.bc+8]d[ misses the opponent

r - reset point: point in the loop where you actually do something other than j.bc+8]d[

j - jump: Press 7,8 or 9. Seriously.

dj - double jump: Press 7,8 or 9 while in the air

l - land: touch yo' pretty little shoes to the ground

mNf - move Nirvana forward: [d]+6 (no release)

iad - instant air dash: either press 9, 6 or 6,6. Can be buffered for greater ease!

jc - jump cancel: Interrupt a move with 7,8 or 9

ac.r - alle-can reset: j.2c~alle-can, 8]d[, land, 7,8 or 9+bc

6a.r - 6a reset: 6a+8d

5b.r - 5b reset: 5b+8d

2c.r - 2c reset: 2c+8d

air: Aerial grab: Done by grabbing immediately after a clap hits.

---

Tager

[j.h (mNf)>air w, land]*n

Bang

[j.h (mNf)*3>iad w, land]*n

Litchi

j.w, dj.w, land> j.h, 6a.r ,jw, dj.w, land>j.h ,air h ,air h ,air w , land>j.h, air h

Nu

[j.h>iad w]*n

Arakune

j.h iad h, land, 6a.r, jc.h iad h, land, 5b.r, jc.h (follow up, grab low), iad h, land, 2c.r, j.h, iad h, land, j.h, iad h

Jin

j.h, iad h, land, 6a.r, jc.h, land, 6a.r, jc.h, iad h, land, 2c.r, j.h, iad h, land, 2c.r, j.h, dj. h, land, j.h, iad j.h

Taokaka

j.h, iad h, land, 6a.r, jc.h, land, 6a.r, jc. h, iad h, land, 2c.r, [j.h iad h land]*3

Noel

j.h, iad ac.r, j.h, iad h, land, 6a.r, jc.h, iad ac.r, j.h, iad h, land, j.h, dj.h, land, j.h, iad h

Ragna

Just space the claps accordingly. If you accidentally hit him, dj reset fixes everything!

I hit training mode HARD again last night and learned the BROKEN loop. NoTension relaunches. I'm am most definitely going to revise the first post and include exact inputs and comments. Sorry 4corners. But most of those combo's in the video are just bullshit. They are different variations of Chaz's combo which is GOOD, But, escapable with a late throw break. =/. Honestly, Chaz's is easier, more universal, and the scrubs are going to eat it regardless. =D

Yeah. For some reason I'm still seeing videos of players whiff 8D on Nu when they could just loop her Tager or Bang style. I can do it on Litchi but the window for constantly grabbing her seems to be smaller than Tager, Bang, Hakumen, and Nu.