Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CT] Carl Clover Combos: Clap Trap Inside

I only copied what I saw in the video. =( Any chance we can get a video demonstrating all these? I knocked through the first 3 pretty easily. Litchi's was kinda tricky at first, and I still can't quite seem to understand how to rc to regrab stuff. I think it's the spacing that I'm messing up.

im gonna see if i can record some tonite, tho id rather see Kyle do it since he took the time to break it down for ppl. Although i use different variations than he does especially for Carl/Noel, Ara, and Jin/Tao. those 3 groups have different weights so i change it up on them. Also the combo on these dont kill w/o burst after the last grab+8D in the ones u posted Kyle, i usually have like 1 more 2C+8D after the first one and one grab+8D(whiff) after the RC rep in there so they die. That post is so epic tho mad props for taking the time to do this for ppl who trying to lvl up.:eng101:

Kyle from what I'm reading from your throw loops, for some of the characters you don't seem to airdash at all until the last set. Until then you seem to only throw them once and then use 6A or 2C to get them backup in the air and then throw them back once again and then land the 6A or 2C them again. Am i reading this right?

sorry guys, the Ragna one is crap... =( I'll get to more replies soon. =D Small update to Litchi. * You are correct Zoogs. =)

cool.

I've been working on Ragna myself, although my method doesn't necessarily make Nirvana Inferno Divider proof. But try this out:

2C 8D him as usual, jump and descend. But when you grab him there is an nice area right at nirvana's head or just below that where the 8D will for some reason whiff on Ragna when you throw him. He'll bounce on the ground and then hit the 8D ring. At this point you can keep on throwing him repeatedly with out landing. You'll have to eventually airdash and reset into something else because you'll soon get so low to the ground that if Ragna breaks the throw the 8D will be too high to hit him. Other than that if Ragna breaks the throw ealier than that he can still be hit by the 8D and has to a commit to an Inferno Divider.

Also I don't think you can punish Hakumen's counter unless he's already double jumped or airdashed, because once he counters Hakumen can airdash or jump away. He can also attack while he's falling. I guess you could try put a gear super under him and if he blocks it then you can 8D him. I hope I'm wrong though. The last good Hakumen I fought just countered and airdashed away from me.

Fuck Ragna. I seriously spent 3 hours last night in training mode messing with throw loops just for him. :gonk: The bottom line is: If you are high enough for InfernoDivider to whiff, they are high enough to throw break and AirDash away. When Ragna Airdashed his foot actually gives him a bigger hitbox = 8D hits Ragna once he airdashes. =P I tried soo much shit. Like SuperJump across nirvana's Y-axis and throwing from the bask side. Like alternating y-axis on throw loops.. Ragna just seems to fall funny, like towards you but with a backwards sprite. I've also noticed if you super jump at the opponent and throw late you can sometime "glitch" his throw hit-box into a completely different location "example" right behind him. This STILL doesn't make it effective. Sigh*** Maybe I should try "extremely low" to the ground. Zoogs- yes, I've noticed the 8D whiffing on Ragna regardless. This is funny because when you input 8D on it's "typically expected" time it whiffs, rather than actually releasing it early for Chaz's universal. The fact of the matter is if the 8D is whiffing, Ragna can throw break late and escape. wait.. oh shit, he hits after the ground... interesting. 4Corners- Did the update to Litchi help you any?

For the thing Zoog mentioned where they hit the ground then bounce into the 8D then just throw and repeat, it works on a lot of other characters, however you usually can't get more than 3-4 throws down before you're too low to do it again, and if you tried to do the airdash throw relaunch, it doesn't work that well either from my experience... The relaunch hit is easy to hit but hitstun has been reduced a lot and I can't get 8D to recover fast enough to do 8D again early.

If your combo did half life already, you should have 50% to RC and and set-up again for another 3-4 throws... in theory of course. Which, by the same token: If they've bursted you're guaranteed to get 50% tension, Meaning your total of 6-8 throws actually does damage of 9-12 throws. This could definitely kill. --------------------- I need to prioritize when comboing Ragan w/50% tension w/o 50% tension

I'll hafta test it later. I'll let you know ASAP, though. Thanks! As for the Ragna loop, I started doing the bounce-hit-grab thing. Haven't fought any really good Ragnas yet. Well, CO has a good one, but I don't think he quite gets how the loop works. He still thinks that Chaz's Universal works. D:

Could someone help me confirm/de-confirm a hypothesis about the BB engine. I want to see if recovery is like ThirdStrike. When the y-axis is crossed the opponent has to actually turn around and lose some invulnerability frames. against Ragna 2C, 8]D[, SuperJump over nirvana, J.B+C the back of Ragna. Really what I'm saying is "I suck at throw break, InfernoDivider inputs". lol. If someone who is more consistent with this could help us out, Carl vs Ragna could be A LOT easier. Does anyone her use Ragna as a second? Does anyone else have a second character? lol

hey Kyle just wondering, but why did you omit the airdash grab in the first rep on Carl/tao/jin/noel/ara and go straight into the 6A? I usually only omit that on Carl/Noel cause of their hitbox and weight but not on the others since it is like free dmg. uniformity?

Honestly, because I didn't experiment with it yet. I found something that worked and moved on to the next character, a little rushed... sorry. I'm sure there will be updates to these combo as time progresses. Have you looked into the Ragna InfernoDivider for me yet?

So,

against Ragna with out 50% meter:

Great: is that damn throw set-up Zoog's mentioned earlier. He could only get 3-4 throws, I found a way to consistent get 7, often reaching 8! Try this guys. WALK NIRVANA TOWARDS YOU DURING THIS SET-UP. It lessens the gravity/pushback and literally keep you in the air longer. lol

2C, 8]D[, walk Carl forward, jump with 8, descending JB+C, 8]D[,

[7]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[

Death

OR

2C, 8]D[, walk Carl forward, jump with 8, descending JB+C, 8]D[,

[8]B+C~8]D[, [D]~8]D[ Release, 6A hits, 8]D[ hits, LATE JUMP CANCEL,[D], [9],

[9]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[

[7]B+C~]D[, AirDash, JB+C, 8]D[, RC

JB+C, 8]D[, AirDash, JB+C, 8]D[

Death

against Ragna with 50% meter: honestly tho. this is best used when that first throw will get you the kill b/c there is minimal pick-up afterward, with extremely strict inputs and virtually no reward. =(

2C, 8]D[, walk Carl forward, Delay, SuperJump with 159, tap [4] without using your second jump option to help place Nirvava, throw once you've crossed Ragns's Y-axis, JB+C, 8]D[.

This is a VERY quick cross-up air throw. The idea is that if he break the throw, he will input InfernoDivider the wrong direction and eat the reset. =)

The bad part is if he did not break the throw. pick-up for this goes:

walk nirvana forward, Release 8]D[, 5B, 8]D[ HITS, IAD, Allegretto.

ALSO: same effect MUCH EASIER:

2C, 8]D[, Hop Carl forward, SuperJump with 258, JB+C, 8]D[, AD, allegretto

You see, the big problem is when he doesn't break the throw and we lose BIG damage. :gonk:

The more I think about it, the optimal combo against Ragna would be:

IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 5B, 5C, 6]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 2B, 3C, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 2C, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[.

from here, you've done half life, Ragna breaks the throw, does InfernoDivider RC and loses 50% of his meter as well. =/

Okay, vs Ragna, Imma just be doing Chaz's method for a bit. Something to note, though. Since you're whiffing, it means that EVERY time they throw break, you should go for the maximum 2c>8d loop (3 reps). Not only does it take less meter, it does more damage, too! 3537 - (1 double-clap, 2 regular) or 3906 - (optimal, 2 double-claps, end with regular clap) vs 3442 - 1482 (clap>2c>8d reset) + 980 (1st throw plus whiff) + 980 (2nd throw+whiff) All use 4 claps. The damage output on the loop is slightly more, and completely srk proof!

Okay, vs Ragna, Imma just be doing Chaz's method for a bit.

Actually Kyle/Zoogstin's method has been working wonders so far. If he doesnt have 50% ive been murdering Ragnas with this method. Just make sure when u do their "basketball" method that you dont delay the grab too long or else the clap wont come out if the break grab super early.

and to add....

Noel/Arakune:

... 2C, 8]D[, walk with Carl, Jump with [8], descending Grab~]D[,

Airdash Grab~]D[, ]D[ \/, 6A, Jump descending Grab~7]D[,

Airdash Grab~]D[, ]D[ \/, 2C, Jump with [7] Grab~]D[,

Airdash Grab~]D[, RC, Jump with [7] Grab~]D[,

Airdash Grab~]D[,

Death if no burst

Jin/Tao:

... 2C, 8]D[, walk with Carl, Jump with [8], descending Grab~]D[,

]D[ \/, 6A, Jump descending Grab~7]D[,

Airdash Grab~]D[, \/, 2C, ]D[, Jump descending Grab~]D[,

Airdash Grab~]D[, ]D[ \/, 2C, Jump with [7] Grab~]D[,

Airdash Grab~]D[, RC, Jump with [7] Grab~]D[,

Airdash Grab~]D[,

Death if no burst

The Jin/Tao combo is from the vid 客 (Kyaku) made done on Jin but he did a different combo on Tao for no freakin reason (showoff). Its actually pretty easy. I tested these fully, so they will kill 100% when starting from 2A,2B,3C -> allecan summon combo.

Stole ur notation Kyle :keke:

P.S. - random question, why do ppl insist on teching these grabs if they arent going to burst? do they like dying faster? dont they know its harder to do the whole combo than to relaunch them into clap after they've reset themselves? I mean they tech even after they've burst so they die even faster. :vbang:

After playing on-line for an extensive amount of time & not a single Ragna using throw break I.D, I've realized all that effort was meaningless. Good news is: I always go for the basketball combo now. =D DAMN Chaz! Too good! I fought a Tager who realized if he didn't tech, often times Nirvana would die before I got the kill. That shit is SCARY, you, alone, no nirvana with a REALLY angry Tager redy to whoop your ass with a sparkbolt & full tension. :gonk:

I keep messing up the 6a reset vs Jin/Tao. Like... I connect with 6a>d, and I jc, but I can never seem to grab at the right height or something. Pointers? Links?

Thanks. I got that part down now. Still working on the second 6a reset, though. I'm having a hard time getting Nirvana to space right for 6a to combo to clap again. D: Also, can do Ragna's, but not till death unless they tech once. I keep falling too low. D: Changed the Hakumen loop, too. I do 5b, 5c, 6]d[, j.c, 5b, 6b, 623c+2]d[>[2c+8d]*3>throw loop attempt I can't get j.2c to link into 5b. D:

To be honest I only use j.2c when my opponents are crouching. Its much easier that way. If they are standing, just do j.C.

...can do Ragna's, but not till death unless they tech once. I keep falling too low. D:

Make Nirvana walk towards you for every clap.