Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyle

[CT] Carl Clover Combos: Clap Trap Inside

Noob question: I can do the loop but can't re-loop it (when I try to use 2C to get them back into the clap after grabbing twice, I either use J.2C or 2C when they've already hit the ground. Also, 5A doesn't seem to hit [Dio, you've lied to me!!!]). Could anyone help me with this?

Well, since I don't have more than 5 buttons on my stick and have to keep remapping light and taunt to record and playback, I figured I'd post this here for other people to try. These are all potential super break punishers: vs Litchi Fermata after she breaks and uses invulnerability to get away. I'm not sure if this works. An SRK might be a better choice, since then the Litchi has a REALLY super circumstantial break. 1) She needs her staff to get away 2) She needs to have not bursted/lost barrier ability, or to be really good at IB 3) She needs to time everything perfectly (late break, super, IB/iad past Nirvana) Vs Noel Fermata might work. Or an SRK. Maybe you can VivB past it and SJ punish? I dunno. This one seems pretty safe after messing with it, since she goes so damn high. vs Kune Try locking him down by buffering punch rush during his super flash? You might even be able to get a CH. I dunno for sure, though. Also, I don't want to say this because it might make the match-up worse, buuuuuuuuuuut Can Nu Calamity Sword outta the loop?

Don't get too worked up over the Arakune 214214D escape. Actually, it never works unless the Carl messes up his loop. He can't use that DD unless he's at least a certain height above the ground. If you just keep repeatedly doing the 5B super jump relaunch > throw+clap > airdash throw+clap until he dies, he'll never be at a height where he can use the super. As for Noel's method, due to how strict it is, it's also a mixup in itself. Carl only has to delay the clap by a maximum of four frames to guarantee catching the super, but that could give Noel enough time to throw break early and airdash out if she anticipates it, which is obviously beaten by looping normally. Getting a counterhit 623D sounds much better, though, so I'll be testing that soon.

Wait What's the 5b sj relaunch? I only know the loop that you do to anyone you don't grab repeatedly and the crossup loop for when you grab too early.

Ah, my apologies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pk9TR9A6ls

Skip to 1:55. 8]D[, land, 5B, superjump forward, regrab when low to the ground. What the video doesn't show is that you can just keep doing this until Arakune dies because the first hit of the clap always hits too soon for him to tech out if done correctly. Therefore, Arakune would never end up in a different position where he could do the super.

Oh, wow. That's tiiiiiiiiiight. Imma learn that. EDIT: Can you just do that against most characters? Thanks for reminding me about that vid.

Some more hotness. =D Universal Throw Loop here: :NU::LI::AR::TG::RG::TA::BANG::CA::JI::NO: 8927 Damage, 50% Heat cost. 68% Heat Gain. Corner only! 2A, 2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 6A, JB+C, 8]D[, AirDash, JB+C, 8]D[ 5B, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[, AirDash, JB+C, 8]D[ 5B, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[, Airdash, JB+C, 8]D[, RC JB+C, 8]D[, Airdash, JB+C, 8]D[ with new inputs this can kill eveyone with no tension cost. :NU::LI::AR::TG::RG::TA::BANG::CA::JI::NO: Rape Damage, NO Heat cost. 100% Heat Gain. Corner only! 2A, 2B, 3C, 22]D[, IAD, J.2C, Alle~can, 6A, JB+C, 8]D[, AirDash, JB+C, 8]D[ 5B, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[, AirDash, JB+C, 8]D[ 5B, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[, Airdash, J4B+C, 7]D[, 5B, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[, Airdash, J4B+C, 7]D[, 5B, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[, Airdash, J4B+C, 7]D[, 5B, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[, Airdash, J4B+C, 7]D[, 5B, 8]D[, JB+C, 8]D[, Airdash, J4B+C, 7]D[, ...

Daaamn. Imma try that guy asap. EDIT: For throw looping vs characters that you can throw repeatedly, you don't have to have the required amount of Nirvana health to kill her. I.E. - vs Tager, you can kill him with 1/2 nirvana health. Do the loop normally, but every so often, release clap before you grab him again. You whiffed, you can turn her off, on, and start again. Voila! Dead Tager without having to play solo Carl. Same for Nu and friends. :D :D :D It's theoretically possible for them to get out, but they have to know exactly when to tech, and to tech it late. After getting away with this a few times, you'll notice that they start teching throws randomly again. And then you just 2c>8d them to death, turning off Nirvana with each rep. I love Carl.

Guys I think I just realized something that could make Carl really gay to everyone But I can't test it You know how we do the pickup with 5b, vivace, 2c stuff when we grab too early? Why not just do the [5b, clap, and then grab, quick airdash grab]*n? Will that work? Or is the spacing too goofy?

Guys

I think I just realized something that could make Carl really gay to everyone

But I can't test it

You know how we do the pickup with 5b, vivace, 2c stuff when we grab too early?

Why not just do the [5b, clap, and then grab, quick airdash grab]*n?

Will that work? Or is the spacing too goofy?

I remember trying to do that and the enemy would end up on my left side and me and nee-san would be on the same side when i did the 5b after like a 2nd rep or something. It was something to that effect.... or something?

:psyduck:

It's theoretically possible for them to get out, but they have to know exactly when to tech, and to tech it late. After getting away with this a few times, you'll notice that they start teching throws randomly again.

Thats bloody evil. Support.

I know for sure it works on Tager. He's too big for his own good. I haven't had the chance to try it vs Nu or Bang. I'm pretty positive it works vs Litchi, though. But yeah, Carl's an asshole. Hell, you could do it vs Jin and crew when you do the airdash after the 2c grab part of the loop. I do it sometimes. Other times, I don't. Any time you wanna RC a throw, think twice about it and consider just whiffing the clap. Vs Kune, I think you could prolly do it whenever you want, too.

Should I be releasing 8D before I grab them? I seem unable to perform it again after my first success. I'm pretty sure the spacing is okay. Also, do I need to move the analog stick up while I'm throwing as well? Sorry if it's already been asked >< I couldn't find anything about it.

Should I be releasing 8D before I grab them? I seem unable to perform it again after my first success. I'm pretty sure the spacing is okay. Also, do I need to move the analog stick up while I'm throwing as well? Sorry if it's already been asked >< I couldn't find anything about it.

I feel like airdash + Release RIGHT BEFORE GRAB + Semi-late j.B+C works..

Against who? You only want to release it before if you're going for a sneaky reset. Against Tager, the input is as simple as [j.b+c~7/8d]*n, until you want to do the reset. Then you can do the 8d a ~little~ early, and do the grab a little late in order to make it whiff.

Against most anyone else, you have to airdash, 8d early, and then airgrab. Problem with this reset is that it's easy to see coming, and all they have to do is tech late to get out. Ghei.

EDIT:

Against people who don't know how to fight Carl, and people that aren't actively looking for it, yeah, it does.

Not before you grab them, but release it like right before the grab comes out. It goes like this, 2B 3C 2B 2C 8D, once 8D hits hold D and as they're about to fall after getting hit by 8D press and hold 8 (up) and don't let go of 8 even when you're falling down to grab them. Make sure to time your upward jump (8) so that as you're falling you'll grab them right at nirvana's head level, all the while you are still holding up and D (8 and D). Right when you grab them them release D, all the while you're still holding up (8) (nirvana will do the clap right before you grab so that even if they tech out immediately they'll get hit by the shockwave from 8D). Right when you release D immediately press and hold D again. After carl's airthrow dash forward (66). (Don't dash to quick or the dash won't comeout, dash too late and he won't dash at all, do the dash right after carl hits them during his throw). While all this is happening you're still holding D. After the air dash grab again and before the grab comes out immediately, and I mean immediately press up(8) and release D. Nirvana will clap before you grab. (This is where things can get tricky if its your first time). After releasing D immediately press and hold up (8) and D. Once carl finishes the air throw and you see he's about to fall release D and when carl hits the ground press 2A. (They'll get hit by 2A first and then by 8D) After pressing 2A press 9 and hold D. Wait until you're close enough and at nirvana's head level then grab and release D. Nirvana has no 9D so she'll do 8D instead.

Repeat the process all over again

When done correctly it will look like this. 0:49 -1:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPVq3Ru6kQ&feature=channel_page

This is how you throw loop most of the cast. Bang, tager, and ragna are the easiest. There needs to be an explaination like this on the front page for new carl mainers or people who have trouble with the loop. They understand 2B 3C 2B 2C 8D j.B+C 8D 66 B+C 8D 66 B+C 8D 2A 9 j.B+C 8D etc but they might not really when to input the commands. I had the same problem as well when I was first learning the loop.

The best way to know if you're doing th loop right is to go to training, put CPU dummy on "Tech all throws". The cpu will tech right at the begining of the throw, and if you did it correctly, then 8D will come out and you can juggle back into loop using either " 66 5B 8B C 8D" or "66 2B 2C 8D". 66 2B 2C 8D is better though.

Once you get the hang of when to do 8D correctly after putting cpu on "tech all throws", then put cpu on "Tech throws: Random", now you won't know when he's gonna tech during the loop, which is realistic, and if you really know how to do the loop and juggle opponents back into it correctly, then now matter when the cpu techs 8D will come out and you'll always be able to juggle back. This is how I learnt to do the loop correctly.

Hope that helps

Hay guize More random stupid info In the throw loop vs Jin/whoever else, you have enough time to shut Nirvana off and turn her back on during the 2c segment. I know that it's a little late into the loop, buuuuuuut every bit of Nirvana health helps, amirite? I personally like doing that, then going for an whiff reset after the 2c8d airgrab>airdash>airgrab part in order to conserve Nirvana's health, build meter, aaaaaand, if they tech, land them right between you and Nirvana. I'm not a real fan of RC grabs unless it's GUARANTEED to kill them. Seriously, with Carl the difference between 7k and 9k is tiny, and I'd rather have 70 meter and one combo to go over 30 meter and one combo to go. Just a little bit more time spent pressuring=enough tension to unblockable. It's also easier to defend yourself as Carl with meter. The more you know!

Here I am struggling w/falling [1] > land > 1c~8d and vertical jump~7]d[. Just so I can get nirvana to inch closer towards me so they cant tech+airdash out.

I did it on accident the first time. I'll try and find someone with a capture device to show it with. I hit with the SUPERCLAP in a really weird way, though. I hit them with it before they go above her. Don't forget to turn her off and on quickly when you airdash grab the first time, either! Save the environment and all that.

BLAH

. Once carl finishes the air throw and you see he's about to fall release D and when carl hits the ground press 2A. (They'll get hit by 2A first and then by 8D) After pressing 2A press 9 and hold D. Wait until you're close enough and at nirvana's head level then grab and release D. Nirvana has no 9D so she'll do 8D instead.

Repeat the process all over again

When done correctly it will look like this. 0:49 -1:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADPVq3Ru6kQ&feature=channel_page

I think you mean, 6A, not 2A.

Also, on relaunch after a teched throw, I don't see how 66, 2B, 2C, 8D would work.

Leave off the 2B.

Explain to me how you loop Ragna so easily, too. I have trouble looping him "easily."

;)