Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UnsafeUnblockables

Celica vs Carl

It seems for this matchup, Carl's plan should be to keep Ada in front for his approach. He has a lot of tools that I think make this matchup quite comfortable. 

• Ada armors through many of Celica's moves, and this leads to free big damage if they are Anima'd at the right time.
  • You can typically cover all of Celica's approaches by combining Ada and Carl's attacks to put out huge hitboxes and make it hard for her to approach.
  • Celica tends to push herself off during blockstrings very quickly, so just block well and tech grabs, and punishing her will be the easy part.
  • Also, her DP (is it a real one? still not sure) is very easy to beat by using 46D against her wakeup, forcing her to be hit by 46D or by Carl for a counter hit.

Some things I found difficult... Celica's air dive move... j.214A I think, it comes in very fast and is tough to anti-air unless you react insanely fast. If the Celica has meter they can also crossup with that move, which caught me off guard several times. Also, careful for her multi-hit moves, many times I thought she was finished but I was either hit low again or hit high again when she airdashed in. Hope this helps, feel free to tell me if you disagree. This is my first time replying to a matchup topic.

Celica has a really hard time against Carl her DP doesn't have invul until frame 5 so she can't get out of Carl pressure like other characters can

She also can't approach him because the doll will either armor through random 5B/J.C, or you will get hit or forced to block

He can also use the doll to make her reversal supers punishable