Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] Jack-O' Gameplay Discussion Thread

Jack-O does have some fun execution available when the situation presents itself, but it's somewhat rare because the Minions mess everything up.

For example, on a no minion screen, this works on standing Axl and many other standing characters. For example to punish blocked Axl DP or Potemkin Hammer if close enough.

c.S>6H(2)>js.IAD j.P>j.S>j.H>land>c.S>ender. I have to test if I can actually get a second rep of IAD with something like c.S>5H>sj.IAD j.P>j.S>j.H>c.S>6P, of If I have to be contet with just ending on 2H.

Something like 2K>c.S, 5P>5H>sj.IAD j.P>j.S>j.H>land>c>S>ender also works on standing confirm on Potemkin if the minions are not going to mess it up. On crouching, you have to be content with 2k>c.S>2P>f.S>3H which is also fine.

There are also dustloops to learn if you are so inclined, and easier versions of the dustloops with 6H jc late j.2D.

Has anyone seen the finals of CEO?

What does Jack-O have that facilitates her gameplan consistently? Like there's no real inevitability with her and her minions. They disappear after awhile even if they're not killed. Her countdown timer for houses on the organ is useless. Aegis Shield only last six seconds and takes 30 seconds to refresh. When she does get a level 3 house, it means nothing if they destroy it because you start back at level 1. She's fighting for her life for 20+ seconds to do what many characters do at the start of the round.

Yeah, it kind of sucks to get nothing but nerfs in a rebalance patch. Kind of wish they gave us at least one new thing to play around with in exchange but oh well.

3 hours ago, RurouniLoneWolf said:

Yeah, it kind of sucks to get nothing but nerfs in a rebalance patch. Kind of wish they gave us at least one new thing to play around with in exchange but oh well.

It makes no sense to nerf her, I dont recall any high level players who had any issue with her.

On 7/18/2016 at 4:42 PM, ApertureBlack said:

It makes no sense to nerf her, I dont recall any high level players who had any issue with her.

I'm really confused on this. Out of all the characters, she was nerfed. The bad matches are just going to be worse now. They gave her nothing to compensate for the downgrade. I think Aegis Shield was sped up on cooldown though (still not enough to matter). 

I'm learning Jack-O but I'm unsure of some stuff surrounding her, and are mostly stupid things, you'll see in a sec.

What do you think about her compared to other characters like Millia, Chipp or Ky? Do you think playing her is kind of "lazy" or something considering she isn't as fast or doesn't have as many specials?

Do you really have to know when to do what when the servants are distracting the opponent or I can rely entirely on Jack-O and just let the servants do their thing?

I love Guilty Gear a lot but my mind can't keep up with really long combos or lots of moves and specials and Jack-O seems to be made perfectly for me, but I don't want to feel lazy or like I'm not using the servants right.