Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[Xrd] Jack-O' Gameplay Discussion Thread

This is the Jack'O Gameplay discussion thread where all things concerning gameplay can be discussed (including stuff from videos you see in the video thread!). Be sure to be respectful of one another and to follow the site rules.

Seems like we have a Jack-O forum now so I thought I'd get us started. Couldn't get the info we compiled into the OP as neatly as it used to be on the old forums so for now, I'm just going to drop a link to the post I compiled the info in. It'll all probably end up in the wiki once we confirm final details.

Jack-O info

Some stuff I noticed in the gameplay video

• Ghosts seem to die in 2 hits now, regardless of level.
  • Projectiles from S Ghosts seems to be avoidable with quick air movement options
  • If you have the organ's shield up, the exploding bags and ghosts will deal no damage to Jack-O.
  • Calvados as a combo extender

Revelator starts its arcade run tonight our time in Japan. Not sure what to expect in terms of the speed of the flow of Jack-O info and footage though.

Jack o has passive meter gain when standing near pumpkins, no evidence of whether the pumpkins stack this meter gain or if carrying a pumpkin has this meter gain as well.

Jack o 2k is low enough to whiff on sol's run stop hurtbox

I frame skipped through the 4gamer video. some tidbits:

5S (big horizontal spin kick?) startup = 8f. extends on 10f and 12f, probably 6f active. sol actually got hit on 13f from walking into it lol. 29f duration. have a look

2S (anti air kick?) startup = 8f.

Meter command grab hits on frame 18 and has heinous whiff recovery. the 0 tension version hits on frame 23 and is worse on whiff. these are the frames when sol is visibly inside the coffin, so it's possible they hit a frame earlier (17f and 22f) if the visual transition occurs one frame after the throw makes contact. reactable? unreactable? leave your comments below :)

So even the other D moves become weaker when you don't have enough meter. Interesring. Though, I guess it makes sense considering they require meter to begin with.

Thanks for translating that article. A lot of interesting info here. Tempted to steal all those images for the wiki but it's probably best I wait for high quality footage.

Jack o has passive meter gain when standing near pumpkins, no evidence of whether the pumpkins stack this meter gain or if carrying a pumpkin has this meter gain as well.

Jack o 2k is low enough to whiff on sol's run stop hurtbox

From watching Jonio's stream, she doesn't gain any meter while carrying a ghost. She will if she's standing near a ghost while holding another one. She won't gain any meter while knocked down near a ghost.

I still can't tell if the ghosts stack for meter gain, but I don't think so.

http://www.twitch.tv/joniosan/v/12644690 (2:45:06 for practice, 2:50:37 for some matches vs. Venom to see Aigis Field in use)

The Evernotes link above says it can't be jumped out of, so I'm not sure what to make of that yet.

The evernote says you can't jump out of it after the super flash, meaning you can't jump out on reaction to seeing the super flash.

So i noticed a few things from 4gamers Jack-O footage:

• it takes 15-20sec for a pumpkin to lvl up 
  • 3 hits destroy lvl 1 pumpkin 
  • lvl 3 pumpkin gets destroyed after 8 hits or so
  • after 5 seconds, another servant will appear after the first one is out of the pumpkin
  • after servants attack there is a 3 seconds delay till next attack

dunno if it's useful but... i thought i would let you know.

The evernote says you can't jump out of it after the super flash, meaning you can't jump out on reaction to seeing the super flash.

Sorry, should've worded that a bit better - I get that you can't jump out of it (seen quite a few examples in videos).

I meant that it's not invulnerable. I've seen Jack-O' get hit out of it (after the super-flash) by grounded opponents quite a bit without throwing them (example).

From watching some of the videos Fang linked in the video thread:

Aigis Field (22H~H) - If you get hit while it's active, the duration keeps going, but the field goes away. Whenever you recover out of hit stun and are standing on the ground, it comes back if it still has some remaining duration. Once the field is active, it will remain active in the air, but it only comes back after being hit when you're on the ground.

Clock Up (22H~K) - Can be YRC'd, which is useful for oki (example: 6D knockdown -> 22P, 22K, 22H~K, YRC).

So, after watching Jonio's stream today, I think I figured out what I was confused about with FED (Forever Elysium Driver, 360P).

The ground version is invulnerable, but the air version is not, and the people I saw get hit out of it had (accidentally?) TK'd it.

So, after watching Jonio's stream today, I think I figured out what I was confused about with FED (Forever Elysium Driver, 360P).

The ground version is invulnerable, but the air version is not, and the people I saw get hit out of it had (accidentally?) TK'd it.

Oh, that explains it. Seemed weird since people were talking about mashing it in the loketest. This seems to be common for air OK command grabs.  

Neat find. I'm curious to see if it'll work with sped up P Ghost too since that's my favorite oki so far. Glad to see ghosts are putting in so much work in so many ways so early on.

Hmmm, don't really think 3H is a good anti-air. It shrinks her hurtbox down but I'm not sure it has much vertical reach. That faust was pretty close to the ground in that example. Also, it looks pretty RIP the Jack-O player if they whiff it.

As for the 5D example, it's hard to tell but I'm not sure it's invuln. I'd have to watch it slowed down on youtube but it looks she managed to dodge that as a result of a combination of 5D moving her forward out of the way and 5D's lower profile abilities. 

The Faust's Weight knocks down everyone standing on the ground when it hits the ground - you'd have to be either invulnerable or airborne to not get knocked down.

Oh right, the weight. Was so focused on the j.2K that I forgot it was there, lol.

Guess it does have some invuln. I wonder if it only gets invuln if you have meter.

Can I clarify the technically official terms for her stuff?

Ghosts specifically are the pumpkins her servants spawn from, not the actual servants.
The servants have their own names and Jack-O' actually says these names when she places down their ghosts; K Ghosts spawn "Lancers", P Ghosts spawn "Knights" and S Ghosts spawn "Magicians".