Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackYakuzu94

Ragna vs. Tager

Discuss the Ragna vs. Tager matchup here.

• Please be civil, we're all here to learn and improve, not circlejerk about which character is superior.
  • Don't be afraid to ask questions.

This matchup is getting frustrating for me. I get destroyed by almost every tager that I came across and I don't really know how to rush them down safely. I almost always mind game and play keep away in this match up. Is fighting him in the air the best way to get in on him? I noticed when he tried to grab me, I jump towards him and j.a/j.b/j.c is able to avoid and hit him. And what's the best strategy after he do gadget finger on me? And also what to do when he got me in a corner? I usually get 720 here T.T  Please give me some strategy advice.

Well for one, you really shouldn't be rushing in on Tager period. Patience is what is going to win this matchup. Ragna has a lot of buttons to bully Tager and he can't really do anything about it without some gimmicks of his own. About the only thing he has against Ragna is that he hits a bit harder now and can steal a round a lot easier, and something resembling Okizeme now. 

I'll try to address your points the best way I can tho:

1. Tager generally grabs when you're magnetized and you're close to his range, so pay close attention to when and how long you are magnetized for. Rising normals is a decent option, but he can also Atomic Collider if he's actually reading what you're doing.

2. After Gadget Finger, he's either going to tick throw you, or continue with his pressure. So you can just block low and react to whatever he tries to do. 6B isn't an overhead anymore, which leaves 6C as his only grounded overhead and its 28f so you can easily react to it.

3.If you think a 720 is coming, super jump dash and get the fuck out of dodge. 

Thanks, i get what you mean after messing about with Com Tager. Hopefully i can play better next time against a player Tager.