Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cadacus_ater

Jin vs Azrael

Anything on this match-up? For some reason, it feels like Azrael got a lot harder for Jin to deal with. 5D doesn't really have the same strength as it did in CP1. His godly backdash is hard to punish too. I got blown up by an Azrael, so any help on what to do would be nice. It just feels somewhat one-sided unless the Azrael messes up often. Especially when Azrael can Astral out of your mixup. I mean, 5B > 6A- Astral'd. I wasn't aware the gap between 5B and 6A was THAT big. That, or Azrael's tools are just really good.

This match was at least 55/45 in Jins favor last version for multiple reasons

Its still 55/45 Jins favor and 60/40 his favor if your defense and movement are average

If you're losing to Azrael you're not set playing him in Corner the right way and keep getting blown up by back dash

This match was at least 55/45 in Jins favor last version for multiple reasons

Its still 55/45 Jins favor and 60/40 his favor if your defense and movement are average

If you're losing to Azrael you're not set playing him in Corner the right way and keep getting blown up by back dash

Well, yeah, that's pretty much it. I never really learned the match-up, so any suggestions on what to do? Specifically regarding how to keep the pressure on him without him backdashing/disrespecting with his Astral.

treat azrael like a grappler: you're not supposed to get close to him, just zone him out. his movement options are limited and you should be able to j.C him out of most of his approaches.

if he gets the life lead and you're forced to attack him, well... good luck

Well, yeah, that's pretty much it. I never really learned the match-up, so any suggestions on what to do? Specifically regarding how to keep the pressure on him without him backdashing/disrespecting with his Astral.

astral shouldnt b in this discussion execution is free and az will go for it every time unless hes not used to seeing 100 in tight spot of the match

keep safe jumping on him and mix it up with grabs and 6a

treat azrael like a grappler: you're not supposed to get close to him, just zone him out. his movement options are limited and you should be able to j.C him out of most of his approaches.

if he gets the life lead and you're forced to attack him, well... good luck

I figured it was the case. I was treating him like I would with Nu, forcing my way in and keeping the pressure on him, but that only worked 1/4 of the time... He is definitely not as easy for Jin here as he was initially, since for sure I beat him at least 80% of the time in CP1 as Jin. Have to play more safely now, unfortunately.

astral shouldnt b in this discussion execution is free and az will go for it every time unless hes not used to seeing 100 in tight spot of the match

keep safe jumping on him and mix it up with grabs and 6a

It should be though? I mean, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has trouble dealing with it since it is pretty much Azrael's best DP, outside of obvious meter requirement and recovery. I see though. I guess I should make my pressure more airtight then when Azrael has the chance to Astral, unless anyone else has other suggestions? I'll keep that in mind though, and I definitely need to practice more with mixing my options. j.2C a bit too much at times, and not enough throws on my part.