Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caer-caveral

AC Combos: Theory and Practice

Dizzy is a character that it is impossible to do 6K after the throw. I think it is the only exception. On Robo Ky and Ky you can do: Throw -> HS EXE FRC -> badlands -> dash 2S, 5HS -> badlands -> badlands -> curse (but the curse is quite hard) On most of the cast 5K -> 5HS is ok, but you have to change it sometimes for 2S -> 5HS, 6K -> 5HS, 2HS or just 5HS. I find Axl the easiest character to do 5K -> 5HS on There was a video on YT with the throw loop on most of the cast, but no it's gone since Filmzee's account was banned : ( But i can write it down if it helps: Throw > 6K > BL > TK BL > dash > 5HS > BL > TK BL > dash+Curse Testament Throw > 6K > BL > TK BL > dash > 6K > 5HS > BL > TK BL > dash+Curse Anji Venom A.B.A Throw > 6K > BL > TK BL > dash > 5S > 5HS > BL > TK BL > dash+Curse Potemkin Throw > 6K > BL > TK BL > dash > 5K > 5HS > BL > TK BL > dash+Curse Axl Order Sol Eddie Zappa Johnny Chip Throw > 6K > BL > TK BL > 2HS > BL > TK BL > Curse Faust Throw > 6K > BL > TK BL > 2S > 5HS > BL > TK BL > dash+Curse Slayer Sol

Thanks a lot I'll try these out. really sucks about flimzee's account too cause I wanted to look at that video again

Yeah, not worth it unless it kills. Also just a note, the throw combos that epic listed aren't the only ones that work for each specific character. They aren't even the easiest. But they ARE confirmed to work. Just try out the different ones on whoever you want to combo and find which one you find easiest to pull off.

it kinda bothers me how that video (and also epic's post which i think is mostly what was in the vid) doesn't have any combos on females. i know they are lightweights and they can be BL looped more but still having some problems with combos on jam and baiken from throw. didn't get around to practing the ones he posted yet but I'll get to that soon enough

For Baiken you have to wait for her to fall a bit further before you 6k. Otherwise BL only hits once.

Yeah Caer is right, these aren't the easiest, but the point of them is to end with a marked opponent. If you want to skip the curse feel free to do a different variation. This is also why there are no loops on females. Most of those loops are just TK BL over and over. If you're having problems with Jam you have to wait almost to the final moment before she touches the ground, if you do it too quick the first TK BL won't reach her since she will be too far away in the air. The same goes for Baiken, if you do it too quick you won't land the TK BL or just do a 1-hit. It is hard to write how you're suppose to do it :psyduck: The easiest way is to practise it by yourself. That is how i got the feeling how to do it. For me the point is to see and decide what you can do when the opponent is in the air. Whether the character is too far away, too low or if you did one BL wrong (too slow) you need to notice that immediately and realize that you won't pull certain stuff off. You just need to get that "feeling" :eng101:

yaaaay I figured it out on jam finally. you have to do the 6K when she's low down and then do the first TK BL really late kinda, like you have to do the 214 fast but then do the P as late as you possibly can so testament jumps higher. once i figured that out it was easy to get 5 XD. still not perfect on the timing of the first one but at least now i know where it is, the followup ones are super easy by comparison yay the females are mostly the same. more questions later im sure :toot:

Alright guys, I've seen a weird combo where they combo a skulls from the beast, I've tried and can't reproduce it. I've even done HS beast K-sull buffered out of the FRC... nothing. & yes I know you can OTG the skull after BL KD's. Does anyone know which combo I'm talking about and how to do it? Maybe it's a lightweight crouching only or POT only or some shit...

Alright guys, I've seen a weird combo where they combo a skulls from the beast, I've tried and can't reproduce it. I've even done HS beast K-sull buffered out of the FRC... nothing. & yes I know you can OTG the skull after BL KD's. Does anyone know which combo I'm talking about and how to do it? Maybe it's a lightweight crouching only or POT only or some shit...

post the link to vid and time plz

If I had it saved in a video, than I woudn't be askign how to do it. I thougt it was crouching opponent 6P, 5S, 5HS, HSbeast, FRC, Net, Kskull. But, this didn't work.

I know a similar combo, but it's with S EXE instead. It was on the Tougeki Tutorials i think.

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZb45qYEjY 6:25

Don't know if this is what you wanted.

Still i have a question bout this particular combo. Is it character dependent or is the timing strick ? Because it's quite hard to do. I saw Shonen doing it once vs Anji and still he got a black beat.

I haven't experimented that much but I'd say it's both character dependant and strict. It's easier if you start the combo while a bit further away though, gives you more time until they hit the net. I'm still not sure if it's actually useful. It IS quite difficult to perform, at least to do it consistently, and I'm not sure that landing a K-skull from that is advantegous compared to getting a corner knockdown and a P-skull.

Thanks guys, that is the combo I was trying to do, I guess Johnny wasn't big enough. I needed to combo Axel LOL. To help with the timing input the FRC like this 41236S, 63214K+S+HS This performs an instant net from the cancel. A friend told me this is easier from a 2D launch as the sprites go higher... BTW don't do this combo, it strenuous and not as good as the corner KD with Pskulls. THX, Kyle

stupid request I was trying the curse loop and I've found it quite difficult... the question is: which characters I have to hit late with 6k after a throw???? thanks in advance.

holy diver: on all females except aba (treat her like a male), millia (dash 6K, then no idea lol), and dizzy (totally fails) you should use the 6K when they are low. if they are right across from you you are good to go on the females only came to realize this recently unfortunately but now I find it easy to remember but I can't do combos ending in curse from midscreen throw yet (which is on male characters) so maybe that doesn't' help. anytime i have to dash into something is like auto-fail

You only have to hit 6K late for Faust, Baiken and Jam. On Bridget, May, I-no and Millia it's not needed. And yeah those combos are quite frustrating.... The easiest one to do is for Anji, so starting with that one is a good idea. I find the 5K, 5HS the hardest to do since i suck with dash+5K and I like the 2S, 5H the most. After a few weeks/months it'll be a piece of cake. As for the curse at the end of those loops 2366P - a small dash+skull, this is how i do it, but in order to hit with the skull you need to hit everything perfectly to that point. The animation is kinda wierd, but it hits. Oh and i've got a question too. It's about the side switch combos. In a few fights i saw them done not only from corner throws but also from 1-hit BL combos leading to the corner. So what do you need to do to get Testament to switch sides after the BL ?

For Millia, you have to do the 6k really early. epic: I'm not too sure about side switch combos, but it seems that it works whenever you get a one hit BL combo with some running speed before you jump.

maybe I'm dumb, but.... for what I've understood I have to hit them with 6k when they are perfectly horizontal... nobody knows why I can't attack them properly after the first tk badlands??? ex. vs. anji: after the first tk badlands I do dash , 6k and finally 5hs but 5hs whiffs and he recovers. what a pain in the ass...:vbang:

holy diver: I actually just got the one against anji down yesterday but kept screwing up the P skull, just a little more practice I'm sure you want the 6K BL to be as early as possible so they go higher, then you want the first TK BL to hit them when they are as high up in the air as possible (but not too early or you miss XD). then you'll have enough time for the dash 6K5H. also make sure you're not attacking from the dash too quickly, get nice and close so the 5H doesn't miss

What is the general consensus on the bread and butter to know from midscreen. You want damage (potentially a knockdown) you got 25% bar to frc a beast, what are ya gonna do from midscreen when you land a hit (mix-up, cross-up, whatever...) In general, if i have the bar to not settle for 2D > curse, then I've been trying this combo: (generic starter, for example: ) 6P > 5S > 2D > H EXE FRC > IAD > j.H > j.D > net > land > (jump straight up, not forward) j.H > j.D > 1-hit BL and on some characters this will get knockdown into curse. I've found this to work on basically every character and as long as your in range to gatling into the 2D. Where-as some other stuff is difficult if you start the combo further away, or doesnt do as much damage...etc etc, but I'm very open to suggestion.