Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caer-caveral

AC Combos: Theory and Practice

1-hit Badlands: When you do an air combo that ends in a Badland that only hit with its first hit, wich has a lot of untechability leaving the posibilities (and they should!!!) for a follow-up.

the simplest 1-hit combo: someone gets trapped on Zeinest, 5k,5s Jc, j.k,j.s, j.h badlands = 1-Hit

You can add a 2nd badland after that as well...........(tried on millia):

2d, Zeinest (or 2k, 5s, Zeinest), 5k, 5s Jc, j.k,j.s, j.h BL 1 Hit, Land, 2HS, BL

Actually, i'm thinking about working on a tk bl, bl loop combo video tutorial, nothing big, nothing to small if anything over a minute. Hopefully it will give some advice to the ever horrid '' BL LOOP PLZ""

That would be cool. More Combos: (Tried on ABA) (Mid to Corner) 5s, 2s, 5hs, GD, HS EXE, 5s, 5hs, GD, 5k, 5hs, BL, P PSoul or BL. Another: (Works on everyone) (80% or Corner) j.d, land, 5s, 5hs, GD, 5k, 5hs, BL, P. PSoul BL Loop: (Bridget) 6p, 5s, 5s, 5hs, BL, TK BL, BL, MoP/NC. I had one of Eddie but i forgot.............TT

BL Loop: (On ABA) 6p, 5s, 5s, 5hs, BL, TK BK, 5hs, BL, Mop/........... (On Everyone* Confirm) Thanks to Badguys Video: Throw, 6k, BL, TK BL, 2hs, BL, MoP/.............. (Corner) Throw, HS EXE, 5s, 5hs, GD, 5s, 5hs, BL, 2hs BL,(can change to curse), Mop

You really shouldn't lay that much tension on a throw-combo. You'll never get any damage from it. Same actually goes for any combo starting from 2K, unless it involves poison. Oh, and please try not to repost combos. Instead just edit the original with the characters it works on.

I just got ahold of AC and new testament seems a little weird from slash. A lot of combos that lead into a badlands loop from a basic mix up seem to be: 6P or 2K, S, S, 2D, BL... where as in slash the second S was HS and there was no 2D i was wondering if you could still do that and be able to hit the BL loop. but then again i still dont understand the BL loop yet. It seems like there is some thing with getting them airbourne before the BL that sets up the BL loop? im not sure. again. total scrub to BL loop. and is it really not that practical. i mean its one flashy combo. also what about the Zeinest BL loop thing, i land that a lot and it seems to do good damage with little effort. Where you just set a web and they land in it, you pull out zeinest, and then TK BL, repeat till about 15 combos then end with some sort of air combo or MoP or something. also i was watching a combo video where test did standard mixup into S EXE frc, Zeinest, 236 K, j.D, j.k, j.s, j.D, BL, (might be one hit i dont remember.) but yeah, any tips from old test user moving on to new test mover. i understand the TK BL thing coming from characters in KoF but its still just seeming weird almost to frustrating.

A very simple tip: After you catch someone with zeinest, always try to do a 1-hit combo that ends in a Curse, for example: Opp trapped on Zei: 5k, 5s©, JC, j.k, j.s, j.h, BL (1-hit), P Phantom Soul when the opp is about to land. I always do that, because even if you extend the combo after the 1-hit, probably it would be a waster of tension (if you use FB gravedigger). And you get a curse anyway

While doing some 1 hit BL combos near or into the corner, I still have difficulties figuring if testament will be landing into the corner or not. Is it a way to know this? It quite frustrating to go for a H>GD>S>H>BL>236P and then your character land into the corner and you just get the H... :mad: :mad: Another thing. If I haven't 25% tension (or if I don't want to use it) after a 1 hit BL near the corner, I often can't make 236P to hit. Testament launch it too far, outside the screen, so I generaly make a zeinest setup after the knockdown. Is there a way for the phantom soul to connect in this situation? Is Zeinest setup the good way to play?

Well, I find it to be something you just learn to see. Practice some of the setups for it, and you'll notice Testas trajectory and stuff like that. Just get a feel for it. And actually, landing in the corner is almost always preferable, since you can get a curse for less tension, and if you want damage instead, you can still do S > HS > BL > HS > GD >... And no, you can't hit with a P-soul after a 1-hit close to the corner. The exceptions to this is 1) You do the whole superjump-land-in-the-corner business 2) you start close to the corner and make sure your knockback overrides your momentum forward, e.g. by jumping straight up at the start or something like that. It usually makes it way harder to actually land the 1-hit though.

While doing some 1 hit BL combos near or into the corner, I still have difficulties figuring if testament will be landing into the corner or not. Is it a way to know this?

It quite frustrating to go for a H>GD>S>H>BL>236P and then your character land into the corner and you just get the H... :mad: :mad:

Another thing. If I haven't 25% tension (or if I don't want to use it) after a 1 hit BL near the corner, I often can't make 236P to hit. Testament launch it too far, outside the screen, so I generaly make a zeinest setup after the knockdown. Is there a way for the phantom soul to connect in this situation? Is Zeinest setup the good way to play?

yeah if you get a 1-hit badland in the corner and u have or dont want to use 25% tension then going for zeinest setup is the best option, make sure you setup quickly and in most cases you mite need to dash back because your too close to your opponent and they can grab you

(speaking from experience)

but if you do have the 25% tension you are much better off going for the extra dmg (its worth it) and ending it with the P phantom soul

Was messing around in training and found this combo on Sol: c.S 5H 632146H -> 6K BL -> TK BL -> 5H BL -> MoP Your choice on the ender, as you can also do another TK BL instead of MoP. I had trouble landing the 4th badlands so I opted to try throwing in MoP in there. With the poison it did about 3/4 on Sol by the time he hit the ground.

Was messing around in training and found this combo on Sol:

c.S 5H 632146H -> 6K BL -> TK BL -> 5H BL -> MoP

Your choice on the ender, as you can also do another TK BL instead of MoP. I had trouble landing the 4th badlands so I opted to try throwing in MoP in there. With the poison it did about 3/4 on Sol by the time he hit the ground.

Don't ya mean nightmare circular?

Eh? I meant MoP at the end, lol. Circular is in there too though. Oh yeah and I dunno if anyone else does this, but I have trouble doing the HS EXE FRC into IAD j.H, so depending on the range, I'll do 6K BL, TK BL, 5H BL, TK BL, 5H BL. 200 or so damage off a foward exe beast.

im not sure if this combo has been posted yet.... (works anywhere) 6P > S > c.D > HS EXE Beast-FRC > Dash then jump > j.HS > j.D > Zeinest > Land > sj.S > j.HS > j.D > BL (1-hit) (depending when you hit the dash-jump j.HS > j.D > Zeinest you may only be able to get sj.S > j.HS > BL (1-hit) ) its just about the same combo as HS EXE FRC > IAD j.HS etc does anyone have any combos that end with the K phantom soul, other than MoP combos?

How do you guys get throw 6K BL vs. Ky? I always get a 1 hit badlands vs him, which is bad mid screen.

How do you guys get throw 6K BL vs. Ky? I always get a 1 hit badlands vs him, which is bad mid screen.

You can't midscreen. Your best option would be

Throw > Small Dash > S EXE FRC> zeinest > K Skull

Throw > HS EXE FRC > BL > Small dash > P Skull

its not possible to loop ky its only possible to get that one hit badland, personally i jus take the time to go for zeinest oki on ky unless im near a corner and hit into the corner

First off, im brandnew to testament so sorry for the noob questions.... is anyone else having trouble IAD with test??? i can IAD with sol and jam all day long, but with test i can only do it like 25 percent of the time. is this just me messing up or is there something else with testament that makes it harder to IAD?? I need a lil advice on IAD with testament. Also, it was made mention of "K-curse" extensions for phantom soul. what do you mean by that?? does that mean there are different patterns for the kick version?? thats what i thought you meant by it. Lastly, i was watching a tutorial vid with testament and i saw him using cross-over BL. Is coss-over BL really that practical or useful??? thanks in advanced for the help

First off, im brandnew to testament so sorry for the noob questions....

is anyone else having trouble IAD with test???

i can IAD with sol and jam all day long, but with test i can only do it like 25 percent of the time.

is this just me messing up or is there something else with testament that makes it harder to IAD??

I need a lil advice on IAD with testament.

Also, it was made mention of "K-curse" extensions for phantom soul.

what do you mean by that?? does that mean there are different patterns for the kick version??

thats what i thought you meant by it.

Lastly, i was watching a tutorial vid with testament and i saw him using cross-over BL.

Is coss-over BL really that practical or useful???

thanks in advanced for the help

well...i dont have any problems with test when doing an IAD. I usually do 699, but you could find a better way to do it.

about k-curse. I think they say extensions because p phatom soul´s mark, last only for 591 frames, and k phantom soul´s mark last for 1011 frames.

About cross-up, I dont use it that often, but it might be useful in some situations, most likely when your opp doesnt expect it.

yeah i wudnt consider the cross up essential but its useful in the corner, frum my experience anytime i pull it out (rarely, i tend to usually decide to use it in the corner) it always hits so if ur 1 hit away from winning or ur opponent is is pretty good at blockin ur 6P and c.K go for the cross-up BL as for IAD after HS EXE FRC i go 9(5)6 really quickly. usually if i try to do it too fast i end up jumpin and doin nothing, its really about practicing and figuring out your own trick to do it, but i do agree with you for what ever reason i can IAD much easier with sol then i can with testa what he ment by extension is that the k-curse attacks 2 more times then the p-curse, so if u get pattern 1 which attacks 5 times with the p-curse, oppose to if u get pattern 1 with the k-curse you gett the same pattern but 2 more attacks at the end