Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caer-caveral

AC Combos: Theory and Practice

With the difficulty of that combo, wouldn't it be better to just skip the combo altogether and just run up and set up a net for the okizeme game?

Well...if you practice the combo and manage to do it...why not?, because i think the combo ends in knockdown so, you still have time to lay a net or a tree or a k skull, but if you feel that its better to go for an okizeme...go for it, there`s no sin in that.

PD: still waiting for your answer about the song Caer. =/

here's a combo ive been trying to work on for a bit. I can't get it to reliably so i end up doing something else but here it is. (corner) 2d, f exe beast, 66s, k,s,hs, badlands (1 hit), c.s, jump back k, dust, badland (if its two hit tiger knee badland (cant get this all that reliably ;[[[[) if its 1 hit, net, 2k, soul , mash p for otg goodness till the soul hits them ;0

Heres' a setup I've been working on(it's for a midscreen throw): throw, 6K, S.EXE Beast, FRC, Zeinest(then follow with any combo after zeinest connects) In theory this should work but I'm having problems timing it. I'm hoping someone can confirm whether or not this is actually possible. EDIT: Nevermind I just realized that I can do "throw, 6K, S.EXE Beast, 5HS, Zeinest" which allows the zeinest to connect without the expense of any meter.

Heres' a setup I've been working on(it's for a midscreen throw):

throw, 6K, S.EXE Beast, FRC, Zeinest(then follow with any combo after zeinest connects)

In theory this should work but I'm having problems timing it. I'm hoping someone can confirm whether or not this is actually possible.

EDIT:

Nevermind I just realized that I can do "throw, 6K, S.EXE Beast, 5HS, Zeinest" which allows the zeinest to connect without the expense of any meter.

do you have teching enabled? >.>

Heres' a setup I've been working on(it's for a midscreen throw):

throw, 6K, S.EXE Beast, FRC, Zeinest(then follow with any combo after zeinest connects)

In theory this should work but I'm having problems timing it. I'm hoping someone can confirm whether or not this is actually possible.

EDIT:

Nevermind I just realized that I can do "throw, 6K, S.EXE Beast, 5HS, Zeinest" which allows the zeinest to connect without the expense of any meter.

Wasting tension on a Normal throw BL loop is useless. Just stick with the normal 6k, BL.

Here are some combos:

(Corner) 6p, 5s, 5hs, HS EXE, 6k (the timing is strict, although you can frc for more time), BL ~~~~~~~~

(Corner) 6p, 5s, 5hs, HS EXE FRC, Dash, 5k, 5s, j.k, j.s, j.hs, BL 1-Hit ~~~~~~

(Midscreen) 6p/etc, 5s, 5hs, HS EXE FRC, 6k, BL ~~~~~

(Midscreen or Corner) 6p/etc, 5s, 5hs. S EXE FRC, Dash, 5k, 5s, j.k, j.s, j.hs, BL 1-Hit ~~~

(Midscreen) GD, HS EXE FRC, 6k, BL ~~~~

(Corner) GD, HS EXE, 5s, j.k, j.s, j.hs, BL 1-Hit ~~~

(Midscreen) Zeinest, 5s, j.k, j.s, j.hs, BL ~~

(Midscreen) Hitomi Hits, Back dash, J.BL, TK BL ~~~~

(Corner) 6p, 5s, 5hs. NC, 6k, BL ~~~ (although it's useless to waste 50% Tension)

(Midscreen) HS EXE Counter, 6k, BL ~~~~

(Midscreen) 2s, 5hs, NC, 6k, BL ~~~~~

(Corner) Hitomi hits, Dash j.p, j.k, j.s, BL 1-Hit, Land behind opponent, 5hs, zeinest, High TK BL, P Soul

(Your cornered) 2s, 5hs (or any hit leading to a BL), BL, Dash HS EXE, 5s, j.k, j.s, j.hs, BL 1-Hit ~~~

(Midscreen) S EXE FRC, 6k, BL ~~~~ (the 6k has to hit on the edge of the enemy).

(Corner) HS EXE Counter, Dash in, 5k, 5s, j.k, j.s, j.hs, BL 1-Hit ~~~

Most people like to end the BL loop with a MoP. Although it's efficient but 50% tension a little too much.

For instance after an S EXE FRC most people like to go for 6p. But if the S EXE actually hits and you do the 6p already, all you need to do is jump after the 6p and j.k, j.s, j.hs, BL 1-Hit ~~~ the enemy.

A good Throw BL combo for normal weight is: Throw, 6k, BL, TK HIGH BL, 5hs, BL, TK HIGH BL.

If your looking for some warrant combos, Caer already has them listed in the 1st post.

The corner zeinest combo should not be too different then the midscreen except try to land behind the enemy to end it with a curse.

That's all for now.

Z.T

(Corner) GD, HS EXE, 5s, j.k, j.s, j.hs, BL 1-Hit ~~~ on the heavier characters you should be able to S->Zeinest->Dash j.K->j.S->j.HS->one-hit side switch->HS Zeinest->TK BL-> Pskull also, if you can continue the combo after, NC is definitely still worth it. If you can keep them juggled for even only a few seconds that 50% tension ends up being an extra 100 damage at LEAST. Not to mention that if you're already in the corner, you should be able to mark rather easily after a second badlands?

(Corner) GD, HS EXE, 5s, j.k, j.s, j.hs, BL 1-Hit ~~~

on the heavier characters you should be able to S->Zeinest->Dash j.K->j.S->j.HS->one-hit side switch->HS Zeinest->TK BL-> Pskull

also, if you can continue the combo after, NC is definitely still worth it. If you can keep them juggled for even only a few seconds that 50% tension ends up being an extra 100 damage at LEAST. Not to mention that if you're already in the corner, you should be able to mark rather easily after a second badlands?

Yes, that's basically how you do a combo to curse.

Yes that's true as well but the problem is actually keeping them juggling.

If your opponent is cornered and you get a 1-hit BL, you can pretty much get them cursed almost 90% of the time.

I'm guessing this is the place to ask about this since every every post except two has things about badlands in it lol. how exactly do i get the badlands loop going. i mean i understand what it is, it's the directions that are throwing me off as in what side are you doing the next BL with respect to. i'm new to testament and i feel pretty off in the head because i can't get the second one to even go off. PS Diveman your animation is hilarious definitely one of my favorites

I'm guessing this is the place to ask about this since every every post except two has things about badlands in it lol. how exactly do i get the badlands loop going. i mean i understand what it is, it's the directions that are throwing me off as in what side are you doing the next BL with respect to. i'm new to testament and i feel pretty off in the head because i can't get the second one to even go off.

PS

Diveman your animation is hilarious definitely one of my favorites

With respect to what? You kind of just trail off there. If you've seen any videos, you'll notice that you should be doing the next badlands in the opposite direction of the previous, so Testament's going back and forth. Also note that you have to "tiger knee" subsequent badlandses so that they are the aerial version, or else it won't work. "Tiger knee" means instead of just doing the normal motion, you follow through to a diagonal up direction before you hit the button. In the case of badlands, that means instead of :d::db::b::p:, you have to do :d::db::b::ub::p:. Also, if you haven't seen any videos of this, I recommend you watch some to see what it looks like. If your question was which direction do you input the commands from, again, you must alternate directions, so do one from 1p perspective, and the next (tiger kneed) from 2p perspective. You said you can't even get the second bl to come off, so it could be that you're inputting the command too soon.

I've tried to be as thorough as possible, but if I missed your question entirely, let me know.

yeah you answered it and i meant in respect to what direction because i've tried doing it and the second one never even came out, i know it has to be tk'd so i guess i have some imput timing to learn as well. but thanx for the help

whats a good move to link up with grave digger? i'm practicing grave digger combos it sucks that you need 25% tension to use it :pissed:

whats a good move to link up with grave digger? i'm practicing grave digger combos it sucks that you need 25% tension to use it :pissed:

aah Gravedigger good old move, I miss the Slash days...anyway, i only use it on some corner combos, or to surprise my opponent since its pretty fast and has no recovery at landing, wich is sick. Its better to save tension for s or H exe frc, i dont use GD in combos because BL has basically the same function GD has. But if you manage to land a CH gravedigger you can juggle the opp after landing or H exe FRC and then combo. But as I said i dont use FB Gravedigger in combos that much, i stick with BL, but there are some situations in wich is nice to throw it (corner combos ending with a curse for example)

It also goes through some moves like Ky's Stun Edge, which is helpfull to score a knockdown. You can do this in the corner: 5K,©S,(f)S, 5HS, GD, HS exe, j.K, j.S, j.HS BL or you can skip the 5HS, GD part and do 2D, HS exe FRC, which is basicly the same.

I'm sure this is already known but I didn't see it in a quick skim of the topic so I'll post it. Potemkin only (midscreen combo): 2K/5K cSfS 5H BL > 5H BL x 3 from 2K it does 114 and from 5K it does 180. that's a lot considering this is potemkin. provided you wait properly you get knockdown off it. gains you about 35% tension too. combo is absurdly easy as well. lol again sorry if that was known already but I felt like posting it, it's fun to do :toot:

GD saves combos and gets you better okizeme, by helping with a difficult sideswitch perhaps, or just by getting you into the corner. Mostly though, it's for the damage. If you get a good chance for an unprorated starter decently close to the corner, you can do: HS > GD > wallbounce & sideswitch > HS > BL > 2HS > GD > HS > net tk BL > 236P Which does about 250 damage on standard defence, without sacrificing anything in terms of okizeme. Indeed, it gives you the best one possible. And yeah, the Potemkin-combo is in the list in the first post, but thanks for sharing anyway. It is really fun to do that to him =)

oh I see it now XD I got a combo question. I know for Testament TK BL is a big thing for combos. I was wondering if you have a notation for a superjump TK BL, or are you always supposed to do that? cause a normal tiger knee is like 2147 but superjump version you do something like 32147. superjump one seems to be easier to hit with but goes higher up so it seems that they are more likely to be able to tech because they are higher up if you end with it. for example lets say I throw sol midscreen into 6K BL > TK BL x3 for the TK BLs should they all be superjump versions? or only one or two of the reps? does it matter? I just started practicing combos with him yesterday so I'm still getting used to the quirks with his combos.

Type Badlands Loop on YouTube. There's a video showing the loop after throw for the most of the cast. You don't have to TK every Badlands. It only applies to women, since in such situation you do 6K > TK BL X4-5.

that's not really my question though, I'm wondering about difference between normal TK and superjump TKing it if there's any difference or not I'm just wondering which one I should use or if it matters at all. btw Testament forum imo is very nicely organized, not too hard to find good information compared to other chars forum

Basically, you should always try for a TK BL that is as low as possible. For me, it's basically either succeeding with that (where sj or not really doesn't matter) or getting a regular superjump version, so it's not really something I choose. I think that a sj BL goes a little further, making it have a use when it's doubtful if you'll reach otherwise (notable situation: on lights, you are in the corner, HS > BL > tk BL > tk BL. Last one can be really tight, range-wise) So yeah, don't worry about it. Just try to get them out as fast as possible so you can do more loops.

hmm ok I was curious because I was doing it by accident and then i realized that it made it easier to get the second badland with the sj version for the one I was doing, so I was doing it on purpose and then i wondered about it. time to practice some combos...