Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Caer-caveral

AC Combos: Theory and Practice

hm I think you are right x_x edit: tested by looking at the damage since the air one does less. looks like the non superjump one you just have to not do it as fast like you said

SJ version is like 3 frames faster if you were to do a normal tiger knee, but for the most part the untechable time is about the same if you were to sj or not

No way to predict the first move, but of course it has patterns, so if you know the patterns, you can tell what it will do the rest of the time by watching its first move.

weird I made a post but it's not here, guess I'll try again I didn't see any combos listed for TK BL crossup so I came up with a silly one that costs 75% tension and does 222dmg on Sol. TK BL crossup > RC > airdash jD 1hit BL > 5H GD > 5H BL > BL

I dunno, maybe if you are running when you do the TK BL crossup that would change it a bit. hmmmm. I'll look into it. course if you have a web in the right place you wouldn't need meter to get a combo I'll contribute a combo I saw Shounen do several times. He does a S beast frc (which is blocked) and then dashes in really close with 2D > H beast > 6K BL > tk BL x2 for big damage no tension from a low, more reps on lights I assume and you could do stronger variations after the normal BL based on the character you are fighting. personally I get the NC overdrive a lot by accident when I'm doing this cause I'm dashing into the 2D, but if you delay your input of the H beast a bit you'll be ok. Other thing is if you want more damage you can dash in with 5S 2D into the same combo and the 5S will raise their guard meter a bit. for mixup you could do 5S 6P into something. most of the time he just did the straight 2D not 5S2D and I dunno the reason but just letting you know.

Yeah. Instead of two tk BL you can go for: 2D > HS EXE > 6K > BL > tk BL > small dash > 2S > 5HS > BL > tk BL. This is just an example on Sol or Slayer. On other characters you skip the 2S.

I'm having trouble coming baiken and jam after a throw. does the standard combo work on them? baiken is wierd she seems very prone to being hit by 1 hit BL (the second hit though)

I'm having trouble coming baiken and jam after a throw. does the standard combo work on them? baiken is wierd she seems very prone to being hit by 1 hit BL (the second hit though)

go to training mode. i cant believe you are asking this, try 66k and stop being so lazy. part of the joy is in the discovery...

well I can get the 6K BL after the grab and a TK BL but after that she's so high I can't seem to get another....oh well ill experiment more edit: looked at some vids too...haven't seen any combos that knockdown. i made one up but you don't wanna know what it is lol. hmmm....

well I can get the 6K BL after the grab and a TK BL but after that she's so high I can't seem to get another....oh well ill experiment more

edit: looked at some vids too...haven't seen any combos that knockdown. i made one up but you don't wanna know what it is lol. hmmm....

it works like this, you progressively do tk badlands as late as you can and eventually she gets so low that she floors. or if you have meter just do master master.

Actually, doing the most amounts of BL is not the best way if you're only going for knockdown. In my experience versus Baiken, 5 BLs will almost always get you a knockdown in any case. Do more and it's more likely not to get it, since untechable time is lessened the longer you continue. I usually prefer to stop on a BL that gets them into the corner. Oh, and you don't actually need to dash 6K on Baiken (or Jam). Just delay the 6K a bit, until she is almost horisontal to you. That should make it easier to continue comboing as well.

I use the same method as Caer, just because the 66K timing seems a bit akward to me, anyway. I usually go for like 3 or 4 reps and then let them fall, just to have time to set my traps and go for an okizeme, of course i have to be very careful againt baiken. Now if I bl loop them outside a throw I do as many reps as i can, just for the damage and meter PD: God...i hate ky, its almost imposible to bl loop that french guy after a throw without using tension :arg:, so what I do is to let him fall and just lay a web or a tree and mix-up or I do a 1-hit and then run and okizeme. anyone has another options? PD2: poor DVD XD...i know you train hard, keep going :thumbu:

weird question but i was doing a combo on chipp and for some reason badland would do extra damage for some reason in the combo i was doing. i did a throw against the corner into 5S5H GD > 6K5H BL > TK BL and for some reason it usually does 180 but sometimes i would get 224 and it would look exactly the same. I'm guessing I am somehow getting the second hit of badland to hit first or something, or maybe it's a training mode glitch. did something similar on ky too with a slightly different combo but can't get it consistently on either, any clue what's going on?

it's on life regain with neutral guard gauge, it's bothering me that i can't figure out how to make it happen but the damage is taking a huge jump sometimes and i can't figure out why

I can't really find a good throw combo midscreen against Dizzy... 6K always whiff and I can't hit with throw>66K.. Maybe I just suck ^^ Is it just me or is there something else to do here? Sorry if this has already been covered, I searched but failed to find something.:psyduck:

I've never gotten anything to work reliably on her either. I usually just let her fall and go for okiseme. If you really need the damage, you can always go in with a HS EXE FRC to combo.

Ok I'm picking up testament as a main but I gotta know.....how do you combo Ky? >_< Doesn't seem like you can do anything after a throw, and a regular loop is really tough on him. What are some ky specific combos?

Well, basically throw combos won't work very well, so it's probably best to just skip them. Otherwise, the only thing you can't do on Ky is combo 2D to Badlands. This is annoying as hell, but fully manageable. Try to focus on doing combo from 2D > HS EXE FRC and things should be fine. I don't really find him particularly hard to loop once you get it going.

Ok I'm picking up testament as a main but I gotta know.....how do you combo Ky? >_<

Doesn't seem like you can do anything after a throw, and a regular loop is really tough on him. What are some ky specific combos?

if you didn't see this yet this has some ky combos, they cost meter but IMO is worth using 25% on a throw combo, testament usually has an abundance of meter anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kmSBa7VJis

iirc you COULD just do 6K BL and it will be one hit which yeah, it sucks but it still knocks down so it's better than doing nothing after the throw I think