Amadeous

Jam Kuradoberi General Discussion

Opening the general discussion thread for Jam Kuradoberi. Please feel free to talk about the character's gameplay in Xrd here, ask questions, look for matches, and anything else. Just try to keep it somewhat on-topic.

---

PRE-RELEASE NOTE: Jam's not going to be out for at least 2 weeks after Revelator drops, so for now feel free to speculate! Discussion of matchups or theoretical gameplay based on her past games is encouraged.

I can't wait to YRC Dragon Kick. In fact, I'm more excited about Jam than the rest of the newcomers, even though I've never been interested in her in AC. Maybe it's all because I've picked up Bullet since then?

how likely is it that they'll give her her AC 6H in revelator? I can't imagine anyone would be happy if they brought back reload 6H.

I think this is pretty unlikely but I really liked how +R moved the powered up kicks to the D button. I hope they keep that.

I really doubt she'll have AC 6H, but at least with her old 6H you can YRC the startup and get a high/low mixup for only 25 meter. Though, I'm also expecting her to have a totally new 6H too. They seem to be really making her animations way more fluid though which is amazing.

Although I got into AC very VERY late into the game, so I don't know much about that game, I really hope parry and cards stay in.

I'm hopeful, but I feel like there's a good chance she'll feel more natural to me than some of the other characters.  I really like her in +R.  We'll see.

I'm curious to find out how, if at all, she changed. We can assume she'll get new normals and maybe specials, but i wanna know if her match strategy will change because of these new moves, or because of the system of Xrd.

Also wondering how Asanagi will behave in Xrd. 

TBH I don't expect her to change much. Probably be closest to Slash, with a few more specials?

If we assume that's her 5H shown in the trailer, that means you can combo directly from 5H Ryujin. I'm wondering if they're trying to eliminate the need for f.S TK Ryujin and make her more accessible, but I'd like f.S TK Ryujin to still be in the game as a higher level combo. Also, there was no giant puffball part of the puffball by the looks of things, so I'm worried the hitbox will be nerfed on it along with the speed.

She'll definitely still be a ground game based fighter, with strong normals, good maneuverability, and amazing damage. These have always been Jam's archetype. I can't imagine her basic strategy will change much.

Actually excited for Jam even though I never played the old games. She always seemed fun

Finally a pure RTSD character, I knew it was a wise decision to start learning her some time ago, no way in hell ABA was going to be in before Jam heh.

The two hitting move looks more like her 6P than anything else, 6P>Ryujin confirmed? Regarding Puffball, it might look slow right now, but they might increase the speed, and the ball itself looked giant enough to me (it's as big as Sin lol). Hopefully she isn't as lame as #R, that's the only thing I need.

Also congrats Ama, glad you got your waifu back ingame so soon.

Actually now that you mention it it does looks quite a lot like 6P but higher, possibly meaning it's good for anti air now? that might mean it'll miss on crouching opponents though.

The large part of the puffball only flashes so I missed it the first time I saw it but it does look slightly smaller overall than before. Ryujin looks massive though, it'll definitely be hard to avoid.

Ryujin to me is strange;

She jumps up much higher and the move comes out very quickly. I'm wondering if it was a special cancel or she TK'd it in the trailer.

If it's the latter, that means whatever that normal is is jump cancellable, which regardless on her 6p or 5h is new!

Now that Jam is being added to Xrd, I'm literally salivating thinking about what kind of projectile oki she'll get.

Now that Jam is being added to Xrd, I'm literally salivating thinking about what kind of projectile oki she'll get.

STOP

Also it might be 6p>D ryujin un the trailer, that's the only way it would connect, right? Which means you can do standalone card kicks un Xrd like in +R.

Edited by Mumm-Ra

As hilarious as Banri Senken YRC would be, I highly doubt she'll get anything like that. Her toolset is very much complete to me anyway, and didn't really need many additions, if any.

Also, that could be a charged Ryujin, but in Reload and Slash charged versions were always used whenever a normal kick would normally be used. In AC, you had to cancel from one special move into the kick to use the charge, and in ACR you choose with the K or the D button.

Personally, I hope for the ACR system as well, but it could also be the pre-AC system.

I personally could not be happier that Jam is coming. I was starting to give up hope lol. As for how she'll be in Xrd i too kind of like the system from ACR. Ryujin YRC is going to fun.

If you pause just right, you can see she does 6K before the 6P > Ryujin

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-21%20at%203.48.4

So 6K > 6P is a new gatling, for what that's worth.

Edited by Vashimus

We don't know if that's her 6P, it could be her 5H still, which wouldn't be new.

The question would be, can she still do 5H 6K? And does her 6K still force standing?

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2015/8/21/revelator-release-stream-announced-new-information-teased.html

Arc have announced they'll be doing a stream on the 24th for the release of GGXrd. Apparently major information will be revealed. I suggest we all watch this as there's a chance for some good footage of Jam before she's unlocked on arcades!

That new movement is definitely not 5H, 5H is 3 palms up to down and Jam will turn to bokuho, but the new movement is a 2-hits down to up attack by using palm or sleeve, 

quite not the same. 

They might have completely changed it, like Pot's 6k.

I think that's what they might've done, whatever that is it looks like it vacuums just like 5HS to me.