Amadeous

Jam Kuradoberi General Discussion

Johnny coins run out though..jam gets cards from an inout..I dont see that being a feasible super..but I guess in acr she had the force break that gave her multiple cards...ugh I hope not lol..they gave us jam instead of baiken...smh lmao

It's been one week already, when are we getting info? I'm starting to get annoyed. I actually had a dream about the announcement and the +R kicks were back.

+R system confirmed

News!

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201509/08087984.html

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201509080030/

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/09/08/90974.html

Her new command list

COXJJddUAAAax9H.jpg

Everything looks the same for the most part. They changed the name of the bakushuu K follow up to 波紋脚 - ripple leg, which is way more dope than ashibarai. New stuff: parry is back to 46 input (I guess?) And has canned follow-ups. No mention of the properties. Also Houshou is her burst super, and saishinshou (flame pillar) has a follow-up?

Rough translations for the parry follow ups: some hella obscure Kanji use in play. They also aren't Japanese words, and I don't speak Chinese, so take it with a grain of salt.

絶勁 ぜっけい severing (opponent's) strength.

剛焼 ごうしゃお blaze/incineration.

段牙 どわんが rowed fangs

PS I'm pretty sure her hair pin is actually a rubber band. I really like her bust ass sense of fashion between that and the can.
PPS: Article says she'll be playable for an approx. week long location test starting tomorrow(?). It will probably end up being just the weekend though, not sure about this one. Ask SOWL.

Also, her IK is still the same. This is important.

It says 長押し可 after card charge btw, which just means you can hold the button, obviously for some extra effect. Will be interesting to see what they did with that.

PPS: Article says she'll be playable for an appox week long location test starting tomorrow(?). It will probably end up being just the weekend though, not sure about this one. Ask SOWL.

Missed this; it does say that she'll be playable for about one week, but not sure where you got the weekend part from. It says her release is planned for the end of September.

Missed this; it does say that she'll be playable for about one week, but not sure where you got the weekend part from. It says her release is planned for the end of September.

Just an assumption. I wasn't aware they'd ever started a round of testing on a Wednesday before; all the other tests have been Friday-Sunday AFAIK so I wasn't sure what to make of it.

Usually when they say the loketest lasts for a week, it does in fact mean that it lasts for 7 days. I see no reason to believe it will only be until the weekend.

Edited by Tokkan

I hope that parry having followups doesn't mean it doesn't work like a parry anymore. Parry is one of the things I was looking forward to most about Jam. at the very least it will mean you can't do any punch normals after it anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you press 2P after a parry without performing a follow-up? And even if you can't, 5K should be good enough for most punishes: there aren't that many moves in the game that can't be punished by a 5-frame normal after a parry. Also, don't forget that Blitz Shield exists now, so 

I don't know, it might work like how street fighter 5 is doing parries. i.e. a set amount of recovery and can only be cancelled into another parry (or the follow ups in this case).

I'm interested in what the holding the button during card charge does. Maybe it gives you two cards of that type. or maybe you enter a different stance if you hold it where you get a card depending on which button you press next.

That one got a few typos, so I figured I'd translate it all, myself, just in case.

Ryuujin
Gekirin
Kenroukaku
Asanagi no Kokyuu (Breath of Asanagi)
Youeikyaku
Bakushuu
Mawarikomi
Hamonkyaku
Hyappo Shinshou
Senri Shinshou
Hochifu
Zekkei
Goushao
Dowanga
Choukyaku Hououshou
Renhoukyaku
Bao Saishinshou
Kaorinquen
Gasenkotsu

By the way, I noticed that the dash sweep got different name, so it is likely to be completely different now. The divekick and the pillar super are slightly different, but it might be just a different spelling rather than new versions of them.

EDIT: Just noticed that the dash sweep's name change has already been pointed out, though I still think that it's a whole new move. Mostly because people thought that Slayer got no new moves when his move list came out.

Edited by SoWL

At the same time though, Johnny's Zweihander had the same inputs as Divine Blade, so people figured it'd likely be the same move under a different name. Same with Axl's moves like Rensengeki becoming Sickle Flash. We'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see. 

At the same time though, Johnny's Zweihander had the same inputs as Divine Blade, so people figured it'd likely be the same move under a different name. Same with Axl's moves like Rensengeki becoming Sickle Flash. We'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see. 

Axl's moves still have the same names btw. Rensen is still rensen. Sickle Flash is just the english name.

in fact benten has the same name but it changed so

Flip is gone, damn. Also no +R kicks in the list. Hopefully they keep the Airdash kicks in, because without these Axe Kick isn't half as good.

Also the knee attack with the blue fire effects might be DP? I mean it's got a similar looking effect to Ryuujin. Parry followup perhaps? 

So here's the article with all the information:

And hopefully streams with footage will be coming in soon. Please link to the streams when they go live here, and don't be afraid to make threads for more in-depth discussion. Thanks! Jam looks great and fun, curious how her parry and super are gonna work. No flip makes me sad though.

I'm not sure if I'm reading the correct tweets or not, and I'm also google translating this, but it seems like 5HS still forces crouching and 6K standing? Also something about a loop?

EDIT:

f.S>TK ryuujin still a thing.

"6HSは新モーションとのことです(必殺技キャンセル可能)"

New motion for 6HS? Or does this mean that it's still the latest 6HS instead of #r? This one is important, please somebody translate.

Edited by Mumm-Ra

Jam vids are up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYzvVj9_HRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOMQw8qoMlI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if I'm reading the correct tweets or not, and I'm also google translating this, but it seems like 5HS still forces crouching and 6K standing? Also something about a loop?

EDIT:

f.S>TK ryuujin still a thing.

"6HSは新モーションとのことです(必殺技キャンセル可能)"

New motion for 6HS? Or does this mean that it's still the latest 6HS instead of #r? This one is important, please somebody translate.

6H is a totally new animation. Resembles Ky 6K. Thou shalt follow greatfernman on twitter.

Awesome, it seems that extra charged card kicks are the ones with the blue flame effect, I wonder what those do!

You can cancel into other kicks without using cards? That was in #r?

Dat One Inch Punch tho.

Edited by Mumm-Ra

Awesome, it seems that extra charged card kicks are the ones with the blue flame effect, I wonder what those do!

You can cancel into other kicks without using cards? That was in #r?

Dat One Inch Punch tho.

Yes.  Having cards to cancel into other kicks wasn't mandatory until AC.

Edited by Korigama