Amadeous

Jam Kuradoberi General Discussion

She might be shit gameplay wise, but she has the best faces, and that's what's truly important.

The real tech that no one wants to utilise is to run away and spam normals to get her to shout and annoy the opponent, therefore making them more likely to make mistakes. Then hitting them with 6H into big damage.

Won't happen. Before she even want to shout and annoy her opponent, she immediately gets blown up.

That aside, I saw Umecha play yesterday on Jonio's stream. I did see him use MAX cards, but man, it actually did nothing. Damage was subpar for having to charge a long time for it.

Won't happen. Before she even want to shout and annoy her opponent, she immediately gets blown up.

That aside, I saw Umecha play yesterday on Jonio's stream. I did see him use MAX cards, but man, it actually did nothing. Damage was subpar for having to charge a long time for it.

I saw some of it. Problem is that most jam confirms come from 5K which has shit prorations and most of his MAX cards were MAX Dragonkick which is pretty terrible. MAX DP is pretty strong. She doesn't have any high damage confirms against someone willing to defend. All her mixup options prorate a lot and her mixup is subpar as it is. It is a bad combination.

He did a lot of lvl. 1 DP which seemed pretty decent though. She needs some property changes to her moves before she hits console.

1.03 Revelator Loketest patch notes.

a.k.a "Buff City" edition.

Translated by Fahadouken

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snsdka

Jam:

Hitbox at feet during jump startup has been made smaller.

Hitbox during standing guard made slightly smaller towards the front.

Hitbox at feet during air dash has been made slightly smaller.

Crouch S hitbox slightly enlarged towards the front.

Added gatling from 6p to 2p, from 6k to 2p and to 2k.

Jump D> Slightly changed level 1 motion, where hitbox slightly made smaller at top but wider at bottom.
Added wallbounce for level 2 CH.

Increased speed for ryujin horizontal movement (excluding variations).

All ryujin hitbox slightly enlarged.

Slightly increased juggle from max enhanced ryujin hit.

Faster startup for Hyappo Shinshou.
Faster startup and horizontal movement for Senri Shinshou. 

Parry:
Hitstun slightly decreased when interrupted during move.
Hurtbox during startup slightly enlarged from front, and became easier to get hit.
4-6 command's forward part input buffer extended and made easier.
Added routes to baku, saishinshou when interrupted.

Bakushuu horizontal speed increased.

YoueiKyaku Startup made faster, staggers longer, hitbox slightly enlarged towards the top. Added damage scaling in case of it being starter hit. RISC level decreases slightly more from hit.

Bakushuu / Sairinshou follow up damage scaling less likely.

-----

This actually almost addresses everything people were crying about her right?

5 hours ago, Moogster said:

1.03 Revelator Loketest patch notes.

a.k.a "Buff City" edition.

Translated by Fahadouken

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snsdka

Jam:

Hitbox at feet during jump startup has been made smaller.

Hitbox during standing guard made slightly smaller towards the front.

Hitbox at feet during air dash has been made slightly smaller.

Crouch S hitbox slightly enlarged towards the front.

Added gatling from 6p to 2p, from 6k to 2p and to 2k.

Jump D> Slightly changed level 1 motion, where hitbox slightly made smaller at top but wider at bottom.
Added wallbounce for level 2 CH.

Increased speed for ryujin horizontal movement (excluding variations).

All ryujin hitbox slightly enlarged.

Slightly increased juggle from max enhanced ryujin hit.

Faster startup for Hyappo Shinshou.
Faster startup and horizontal movement for Senri Shinshou. 

Parry:
Hitstun slightly decreased when interrupted during move.
Hurtbox during startup slightly enlarged from front, and became easier to get hit.
4-6 command's forward part input buffer extended and made easier.
Added routes to baku, saishinshou when interrupted.

Bakushuu horizontal speed increased.

YoueiKyaku Startup made faster, staggers longer, hitbox slightly enlarged towards the top. Added damage scaling in case of it being starter hit. RISC level decreases slightly more from hit.

Bakushuu / Sairinshou follow up damage scaling less likely.

-----

This actually almost addresses everything people were crying about her right?

Yay, she is viable now or at least reasonable....

3 hours ago, Shigekazu said:

Yay, she is viable now or at least reasonable....

More like not horribly incomplete.

I don't think this would make her viable. It doesn't touch any of her major problems other then making parry a better defensive tool and giving her more on block options that she really needed. It also fixes Ryuujin actually being a legit combo tool rather then whiffing for no good reason at point blank in a lot of combos.

They need to buff the hitbox of the P parry up higher and change puffball CH to wallbounce. If they gave her those 2 things and then I could see some light at the end of the tunnel. Also making Card YRC an actual option. She needs something more abusable then what she currently has. Everything is far to fair and nothing that is even really above average.

2 hours ago, ChaseRLewis said:

She needs something more abusable then what she currently has. Everything is far to fair and nothing that is even really above average.

This.

In a world where we have disc yrc and teleport yrc, charge yrc is not nearly as good as it should be.

2 hours ago, KurlyBandit said:

This.

In a world where we have disc yrc and teleport yrc, charge yrc is not nearly as good as it should be.

Exactly. She has some problems left to address. However, I'm assuming thiis could be start of many buffs, and I hope they continue to try to make her a complete character.

XrdR Loketest 1.03 Jam Impressions by Rozari

Translated by greatfernman

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snsk9o

@ChaseRLewis

So you're saying this "buffs" are just fixes and she should have had them already before.

Really makes me wonder why they're so scared of her.

-----

Also saw Rozari play at Mikado today via Jonio's stream. He had the best neutral game compared to all the Jam's I've seen.

1 hour ago, Moogster said:

@ChaseRLewis

So you're saying this "buffs" are just fixes and she should have had them already before.

-----

Also saw Rozari play at Mikado today via Jonio's stream. He had the best neutral game compared to all the Jam's I've seen.

They are trying to hard to keep elphelt as the best character in the game perhaps? lol jk,

Honestly, they are terrified of how she was in +R, which i dont beleive isn't that bad, and they dont want to make her break game. 

However, that is not excuse, considering how Johnny started off.

Btw, can someone confirm for me Daisuke not liking Jam? I ve been hearing that being thrown around alot.

I think they're more concerned about Jam's #Reload version than her +R version.

6 hours ago, Moogster said:

Can anyone help by linking me some top vids of Jam in +R? I really am having a hard time finding them.

Just look for "teresa goldenrody" on YouTube and you'll find some vids.

W/C is wierd considering the fact that Elph/Sol/Mill/Zato and by the looks of it Jhonny exists in this game. They're capable of neutering a character with ram as a perfect example, but majority agrees that they overdid what they did.

Still:

CH puffball still should have more untech ground slide compared to the piss poor excuse that she currently has.

Parry P should also have a better vertical hitbox.

1 hour ago, Martikol said:

CH puffball still should have more untech ground slide compared to the piss poor excuse that she currently has.

I agree with this.  In fact, I find Jam's whole 236S~ move set very underwhelming in XrdR.  Has anyone made any use of her 236S~K yet?  I've been watching a lot of Jam matches and I honestly don't think I've seen it once...

2 hours ago, Orrax said:

I think they're more concerned about Jam's #Reload version than her +R version.

Just look for "teresa goldenrody" on YouTube and you'll find some vids.

My bad. I meant #reload. I can't find any.

10 hours ago, Moogster said:

@ChaseRLewis

-----

Pretty much. 

I personally think the biggest issues she has is some characters she can't combo off of sweep jc or sweep->236S->K. Not only THAT but they still won't let her combo ryuujin from that combo path. Her ability to get into a combo is very limited and it seems they are trying to encourage the parry route, but that option is just bad. Her normal burnkick is terrible and doesn't allow the same 3 special kick->RC->3 special kick options she had in #Reload that gave her solid average damage off every hit. Her new 2HS isn't jump cancellable so she doesn't have a solid normal to start an air juggle with other then cl. S which just doesn't work in every situation. 

Add in the MAX kick cards are actually very good, but she has no practical way of setting them up then a CH puffball because .... she can't combo from them consistently unless near the corner. 

I mean +R and AC jam died the moment when you took away FB puffball, Palm 6HS, and Puffball ->Card Ryuujin. Add in the wallsplat distance on MAX ryuujin is less then old card ryuujin .... like ... They changed everything good about #R and +R and made it bad without giving her a suitable replacement.

On Tuesday, November 17, 2015 10:09:51, Moogster said:

My bad. I meant #reload. I can't find any.

Ah. Yeah, those are harder to find. Here are a few vids I found:

Oguma (Jam) vs Ogawa (Eddie): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYPIjJZpcMw
SBO 2005 KA2 (Jam) vs Team Europe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoves_6f220
Buppa (Ky) vs Kaqn (Jam): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgGihEIzJ4U

On 9/24/2015, 11:43:05, Mumm-Ra said:

Yo, so to prepare for the Jam struggle in REV I went back to plusR to train, I understand her buttons and combo theory. My question is what should I really focus on learning? I know her AID 214K is really good but should I learn to do AID 623K? cus that shit feels so unnatural.

Since the patch has already landed, Rozari pointed out some new things in his Twitter though I don't understand it. Based on machine translation though, it looks like they are happy with the "fixes". 

Mike also played a lot in Jonio's stream. Nothing that new, only that it's quite obvious that Ryuujin can now be properly used in combos unlike before.

He was practicing Saishinshou setups though like the below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpB3QUvVMNM

Hopefully someone will be able to translate what Gure and Roza are saying since it looks like they are having a field day with it.

you can repost those twitt here and i can translate them for you. I've actually read almost everything from Roza,GURE,LOX,MIKE... but there's too much
Some significant things i can remember are:
-Parry P > Parry K combo now much easier to do due to increased buffer. Before patch, i only saw Sharon could do it consistently
-6H > S Puffball seems to be the go-to combo route in corner now. Roza and MIKE said they manage to do 6H > S Puffball > f.S > TK charged Ryujin in corner
-Burst Phoenix OD now deal tons damage, so as Burst Saishinsou
-Jam has way more chance to charge MAX Ryujin (and MAX Ryujin is straight up better)
-2D > Hamon > charge Ryujin seems to be the midscreen go-to combo route. And it's easier, works on everyone except BE.
-The added gatling routes are maybe the best buff

and tons of combo/okizeme pattern

@Flick

Thanks.

Well only ones I wanna know is from Rozari as it's numbered. The rest will just be redundant to ask for as you've already said the most significant things.

https://twitter.com/roza_jam/status/669715434237595648

- There's Burst Saishinshou? I thought Burst was only available for animated supers? Saishinshou I believe is her most damaging as long as it hits clean right?

- Yeah well I did notice Mike doing lots of MAX Ryuujin. There was even one round where he did it I think 3-5 times I think. Was suprised he was able to do it somewhat safely.

- What's their overall reaction for now? She's better? Or, a WHOLE lot better?

- Too bad we won't be seeing any of them play. Most likely the only ones we will be seeing on stream is Mike and Umecha. Well Kaqn as well when Gamechariot uploads his vids.

oh i mistook sry. Read it again, they said something about the damage comparision between clean hit Saishinshou and BURST Phoenix as combo ender
Of course she's a lot better, but still not game changing better though, went from an unusable char to an usable char is good enough though.
Roza's twitt:
1.Midscreen: 2D>Hamon>Charged Ryujin> charge YRC>step back 5K(outside throw range)/ iad fastfall Kenrou Crossup
2.In 1, if you use MAX Ryujin instead of Charged Ryujin. You can counter throw abare attempt by doing charge HS>TK/iad Kenrou.
3.2D>Hamon>Charged/MAX Ryujin RC>land charged S>f.S>tk Ryujin>Kenrou>Charged Gekirin.
4.Midscreen: 2D>Hamon>Charged/MAX Ryujin>(From opponent's back) forward jump>empty jump 5K(outside throw range low)/air backdash jH(overhead)

6 hours ago, Mumm-Ra said:

Where's the videos tho????

Hamon is the low command kick right?

Only vids I know of are vids from Mikado when Mike played against a Slayer (Tanabata I think) for around 3-4 hours.

https://youtu.be/VzZEDdDwwwc?t=4768

This is just part of it. I can't find the rest of the archives.

On 11/28/2015, 11:55:53, Flick said:

Of course she's a lot better, but still not game changing better though, went from an unusable char to an usable char is good enough though.

Well yeah, definitely. Funny hearing how fucked she was before the fixes. Don't understand the reasoning on why they did her in like that before.