Amadeous

Jam Kuradoberi General Discussion

Probably a nerfed version of the character that needed to be out for commercial reason. Seeing how fast they fixed her, they probably had a more reasonnable build for her, but they needed more time to test it.

They didn't want a new kokonoe story

You know, despite everyone complaining about Jam being able to do wakeup DP > gekirin YRC instead of DP RC. I've never actually seen anyone use it. Did they remove it or something?

Well of course it is, since you go higher in the air with it than the ground version. I don't see why you should bother doing it tbh. It's an overhead, meaning the opponent will be crouched when he's hit, and you can combo on a crouched opponent.

I've tested her a little bit. Her juggles look kinda hard to do, with a lot of height/chara specific stuff. She will need a lot of work. It's fun though.

On 4/1/2016 at 3:15 PM, Zouf said:

Well of course it is, since you go higher in the air with it than the ground version. I don't see why you should bother doing it tbh. It's an overhead, meaning the opponent will be crouched when he's hit, and you can combo on a crouched opponent.

I've tested her a little bit. Her juggles look kinda hard to do, with a lot of height/chara specific stuff. She will need a lot of work. It's fun though.

Well what I meant is, the TK version was better in AC IIRC, but here, it's the same, only different version is the IAD one. But the really fast one I was trying to do is apparently off of split kicks. 

I've been trying to optimize things off of her f.S since it's clearly her best button for neutral even though it doesn't easily lead to meterless combos on regular hit outside of sweep range. A lot of this is kind of self-apparent, but here are some of the things I've been doing off of non-counterhit long-ranged f.S pokes in neutral with no cards:

f.S x ...

- IAD j.214K: loses to anti-air pokes (6Ps, Sol 5K, etc.), beats most horizontal pokes, high rewards on block or hit (if they're not afraid of this, make them afraid of it)

- IAD j.623K: still working on getting this input consistent so I'll reserve judgment, but without a card I don't think this really works

- 236S~S: loses to horizontal pokes (most characters' 5S, Slayer 5K, etc.), beats anti-air pokes, can often catch jump-outs, decent on hit or block

- 236S~K: strictly useful for mixups once you establish other options, catches toes, good on hit but mediocre on block

- 236S~P: if you absolutely positively know they are going to press 5S anyway

- nothing: watch bleed/breed's jam to see the power of standing completely still and doing nothing waiting for them to hang themselves

Also, TK gekirin is slightly faster than the normal version afaik, but not enough for it to matter in combos. TK ryuujin is significantly faster however and can be combo'd into on standing opponents (including off of f.S!). TK DP is about the same.

@Moogster Sorry, I watched the matches streamed a while ago and misremembered; it was just mike using the tag BREED.

If I had actually pulled up the youtube stream rip it would have helped, but in my defense mike has changed his tag like six times  (´・ω・`)

you would think after years of watching melty blood stream rips where they don't even display player names anywhere on the screen and often with no commentary I'd be better at this but apparently not

it Isn't exactly Random per se. I'm pretty sure after hours of testing now that it just has to land meaty, and the meatier, the better. I've never gotten 46P>K when landing the first active frame of 46P.

Some setups make it meaty by making the opponent fall into it, other setups make use of the later frames' larger forward hitbox to hit people who're far away. 

If you land the 46P on any frame other than the first, it's pretty easy to actually link into 46P>K. just need correct spacing/height/etc on the opponent.

I just spent like 4 hours practicing Jam too lad dw. also Ninja'd.

i'm not nearly half as salty as it having to be meaty as i am about my raw inability to do 2D IAD 623K land IAD 623K though. That is the real struggle combo right there.

on average to fat characters (havent tested on bedman or pot) you want to do a shorter microdash c.S 2H but can delay the 2H slightly to let the c.S pop them higher so they fall onto it

on female/floaty characters it's pretty easy, do a slightly longer microdash so they don't go too far and it should work pretty naturally

1 hour ago, CH_Breadsticks said:

@FellVisage you have no idea how mad i am lmao

i just spent like 4 hours practicing jam and was about to be the hero that told everyone about meaty 546p and your post was 1 minute old when i got here

@CH_Breadsticks lmao I've already posted about that meaty stuff on Jam discord about 10 hours ago.

It's pretty lame, and seeing top players actually failing to do it more than managing it makes me even sadder.

It's not even that strong. Oh well, gotta play with another tool, I hate random stuff.

2 minutes ago, Zouf said:

It's pretty lame, and seeing top players actually failing to do it more than managing it makes me even sadder.

It's not even that strong. Oh well, gotta play with another tool, I hate random stuff.

If you don't want to fuck with 546PK in throw combos, look no further: 

Does more damage while being much easier.

Wow, the Jam is struggle is real. Can someone why they butchered her toolwise AND made it hard for her to do damage again? XD

For IAD DP, as a former Axl player, it was easier for me to do 956321473K (9, return to neutral, TK bomber input) than any other input. I was like 10% consistency before I started doing it this way so hopefully it's easier for someone else too.