Amadeous

Jam Kuradoberi General Discussion

I have a Revelator tournament today and I will be using Jam.

I want to try to do my best to win it.  I need to know as much as humanly possible within this short amount of time.

I have the game. Now I need some combos to practice. 

Anyone got any? 

5 hours ago, JDE said:

I have the game. Now I need some combos to practice. 

Anyone got any? 

Here's something you can start yourself off with.

More optimized stuff exists but better to start simple and work your way up.

Thanks.... I'm actually a bit discouraged to keep playing her now as a new person. 

17 hours ago, rayplay said:

Here's something you can start yourself off with.

More optimized stuff exists but better to start simple and work your way up.

Are the optimal bnbs compiled anywhere? 

30 minutes ago, jellyrajah said:

optimal combos for Jam vary from character to character

Is there a youtube video or a list somewhere that has some?

1 hour ago, DocCeaser said:

Is there a youtube video or a list somewhere that has some?

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R/Jam_Kuradoberi/Combos

Basics.

Optimized stuff is still being found. Her 46PK combo's are what you should focus on. It is highly character specific and a giant pain in the ass.

9 hours ago, JDE said:

Thanks.... I'm actually a bit discouraged to keep playing her now as a new person. 

She is fun. Give her a shot. She is pretty new. People stateside are still figuring her out.

Join the discord server https://discord.gg/0vIKAGeYQhrlha1M ask questions and there is a lot of tech at my channel. We have learned a lot about the character since she dropped on console they never found in the arcades so she has more cool stuff then most people have seen. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFhcpGgLoZ6o8ckclksvfZA

So...what is everybody doing for blockstrings? She seems to get pushed out very quickly, so I've been having some trouble coming up with frametrap pressure strings since most people are pushed out of your reward range after like 2 hits. Plus the fact that you have to respect reversal throw means that you can't just run up in people's faces.

My pressure is god-awful, but I've been using Stuff > (Gap) > 5H > 2H if they blocked. You can also leave a gap between 5H and 2H if you input 2H as her palm slaps the ground.

FD destroys this though and I'm finding it hard to hitconfirm if they don't block on wakeup since the hitstop on 5K is so little..

You can use j.2K if they keep waking up mashing throw, as well as her puffball super if you have the meter, all to scare them from pressing on wakeup. Use 5K/2K from out of their throw range on wakeup. Her 5K, 2P, and 5HS are all advantage on block, and her 2S and 2HS are neutral, so you can use these to pressure with. Also keep in mind that she can reverse gatling (for example, 2S xx 2K), so her strings won't be as linear as other characters, so use this to your advantage to create longer strings as well has reducing recovery and going for frame traps.

I'm also trying to do her 46PK combos and they are a pain.  If they are character specific, they what characters will 46PK combos work with?

Edit: I found that doing 5S instead of 2S can make 46PK work, although I only tried this on Axl.  Need to test this on other characters.

So far 46PK worked on:

Kum, Johnny, Axl, Sin, Potemkin(after you hit that K you can just run up and c.S on this characters because they are in the heavy category)

Elphelt, I-No, Ramlethal(after K you need to run up and do j.S)

I didn't test on the other characters yet. On Sol though, it works really weird. It won't connect on midscreen for me. Only in the corner.

It's not working on:

Faust, Ky, Raven(didn't test in the corner though)

I'm doing 5S 2HS(1 hit only) 46PK most of the time.

Hope this helps a little and sorry for my english. Not my first language.

There's a FAQ section on the Jam discord with a very handy pastebin for this: http://pastebin.com/CpnUCNf7

I copied everything to a google keep note that I have available when I'm playing, helps a lot.

^Thanks a lot for that post! That's really useful! Other things I've noticed is that it helps delaing your parry a bit after the 2H(2) overall, sometimes the 2(H) in a lot of characters, instead of canceling into parry as soon as 2H(1 or 2 hits) hits.

Eitherway, what's the reason behind P-K parry missing a lot? Is it something to do with the hitbox?

Does anyone have any consistent answers to backdashing on wakeup without leaving yourself open to wakeup throws? Sins in particular, it seems very difficult for Jam's tiny limbs to punish it without a hard read.

On 7/10/2016 at 0:07 PM, Nerk said:

Does anyone have any consistent answers to backdashing on wakeup without leaving yourself open to wakeup throws? Sins in particular, it seems very difficult for Jam's tiny limbs to punish it without a hard read.

There are a bunch of ways to option select against back dashes. Sin is easier to catch since his backdash duration is long; you can use a jump normal and OS something like 6H if he backdashes and it whiffs, or a grounded normal like 5K that has less than 10 recovery frames so you don't get DP'ed.

On 7/10/2016 at 0:07 PM, Nerk said:

If you do a dashing 6K with the right timing it can work also, Getting thrown on wakeup more of the time is about spacing than anything else.

That being Said, Jam's patch notes have been fully translated.  What do you guys think?

- Crouching Hurtbox
Hurtbox while being hit increased upwards

Knocks away less when hit
CH state ends when the active frames do
Special Cancel window increased by 8F

- 2S
Special Cancel window increased by  7F

- 2HS
Special Cancel window increased by  2F

- 6HS
Special Cancel window increased by  4F

- 2D
Knock up the opponent further

- Throw
Number of hits during combo does not change the height the opponent is knocked up

- Charge
Charge time for 1 stock reduced from 44F to 41F
Charge time for MAX stock reduced from 86F to 77F
Stock does not go away if Jam gets hit during Charge after 41F

- Ryuujin (Power-up)
Ground Version: Damage increased from 75 to 80
Invul increased from the moment she leaves the ground until 1F after the attack activates

- Kenroukyaku
Normal version is Invul until activation
Power-up version in the air is Throw Invul
Normal version has prorate 90%

- Hamonkyaku
Knocks up the opponent further
Hitbox increased upwards

- Hyapposhinshou
Hurtbox  during dash decreased downwards

- Senrishinshou
Hurtbox  during dash decreased downwards

- Pao-Saishinshou
Bug during Overdrive animation fixed

Big ones are faster max charge and ryujin real invu. If you tk carded ryujin it's invu from f1-f8 and goes active at f8 meaning it will beat a lot of stuff just because now. It's great.

Also all the stronger characters got sent to the hospital. All in all a great day for her.

On 7/17/2016 at 6:59 PM, mizuiro-kitsune said:

I was gonna post a 1h15m Jam video, but not that the balance patch has been announced, it feels like a pointless thing to do...

If you don't mind, I'd still like to see it. New to Jam until Anji gets here and could use help anywhere it may be found.

On 7/18/2016 at 10:25 AM, Nyaa said:

Big ones are faster max charge and ryujin real invu. If you tk carded ryujin it's invu from f1-f8 and goes active at f8 meaning it will beat a lot of stuff just because now. It's great.

Also all the stronger characters got sent to the hospital. All in all a great day for her.

I want to know more about 2D:  If it knocks the opponent further up, does that mean 2D>236K's will be easier?