Amadeous

Jam Kuradoberi General Discussion

That's what I'm assuming NeoJET, remember that Johnny got entirely new Slash and Heavy moves, and many other characters (Like Potemkin) got new moves overwriting their old ones. As Jam's old 5H was general combo filler and not used for neutral, changing the animation and properties slightly won't affect much while looking prettier.

Big advantage of it only being 2 hits now is making it harder to FD to push Jam away. A core part of defending Jam is FDing when you see her go into 5H on block, to shove her away. Hopefully this new normal remains + on block as well.

Amadeous, the reason why I disagree your assuming is that when I watched the reveal video, I felt that Arcsys is trying to change Jam's style into more traditional kung-fu style, not old JKD-like style anymore, that's why they changed the motion of senri shinshou and 6p (maybe), I think Arcsys will keep old 5HS and AC 6HS because of that, and I guess S series will also be changed because they are JKD-like, too. Well, I hope we'll get more news of Jam today. 

Edited by NeoJET

Amadeous, the reason why I disagree your assuming is that when I watched the reveal video, I felt that Arcsys is trying to change Jam's style into more traditional kung-fu style, not old JKD-like style anymore, that's why they changed the motion of senri shinshou and 6p (maybe), I think Arcsys will keep old 5HS and AC 6HS because of that, and I guess S series will also be changed because they are JKD-like, too. Well, I hope we'll get more news of Jam today. 

This would go against the established character however? JKD is a fighting style of being fleeting, adapting, and not limited to styles and stances. Jam's fighting style is specifically noted to be self-taught, so I feel going to more traditional wushu style martial arts would be odd.

But as you say, there's no way to tell until she's out.

You're right, Amadeous. I shouldn't say it's JKD-like, I should say it's Bruce Lee's movie style.lol

About the new motions, they really look like traditional wushu style. Indeed Jam's  fighting style is self-taught , a self-taught "Chinese kung-fu", so l don't think it would be odd because it become more traditional than before.

Ahh, I really want to watch the pre-release stream, but the browser I'm using just doesn't support flash. I wanna see more Jam!

I assume that Jam will mainly use palms in revelator, less or no more fists attack.

Edited by NeoJET

I hope they changed her 6P and 6K for something better but still keeping their importance in doing palm loops

Speaking of palm loops, I hope they didn't get rid of it. It's one of the major reasons I fell in love with her.

Don't forget xrd is based off reload system..so maybe her iad jab combo..though I expect she will have some changes to balance her out..it will be another few weeks I'm assuming until she is dropped 

Weird to see she has no idle animation yet, she was one of the few that did back in the old games.

Thought the same thing. Assuming it's just because it's pre-release and they don't want to spoil stuff, like how they leave IK's or voices out of early loketests- something about that seemed piped in.

In any case regarding her playstyle, I wouldn't mind if kicks go back to #R style. I actually really liked that system and I think without FB cards it makes sense. Loss of AC 6H though...

Apparently in two weeks, going from people on Jonio's stream, but nothing official was said as far as I know. When was Ram released in arcades during Vanilla?

YRC Parry when?

And I really hope that the #Reload 6H / +R 3H is gone. I never liked that moves anim at all.

+R 6H on the other hand looks sick so I'd like to see an updated version of that

Im expecting Jam to go back to her slash version which is fine with me. If we don't get AC 6H I hope its a whole new move altogether. Lets hope her buttons on are par with elphets!!!!! Im also excited to see which moves wall stick.  

Is it possible that the new 2hits normal is not 6p or 5HS we guessed before, it's actually Jam's new 2HS.

The reason why I said this is that after watching the reveal video again and again, and try to pause it as fast as possible, I found that in the beginning of the new normal, Jam is actually crouching. That makes me think maybe it's new 2HS.

I don't have a pc right now, so I can't use tools to watch the video frame by frame, or I'll be more sure if it's new 2HS  or not. If you guys wanna give it a try, just using 4k downloader or something else to download the video from youtube, and watch it by mpc-hc or something else with frame by frame mode (when using mpc-hc, pause the video at the time you want, and press ctrl + → → →... and so on), you'll find more details of the video, that helps me a lot before.

Edited by NeoJET

I saw that too but since she cancels from 6k I assumed it was just the startup animation of the move since she wouldn't have time to crouch

Honestly as much as I would like to see her +R style of gameplay return, it's not likely. She doesn't function in the AC or ACR styles without Force Breaks. Unless they change her card system to be closer to Arcana Heart Akane's charges, or give her a super that gives her multiple cards, she won't really work lmao.

That said, I hope her AC 6H is at least her Blitz Attack animation. Also, if that new move is 2H I'll be happy, since it means her 2H still vacuums, which it didn't in Reload (it was bad in Reload).

896K. Give her magnetic blast.

let's just give her a command throw that can be charged and the charged version gives you cards for all the other moves.

But seriously though card charge YRC could be really good if you can do it pretty early. In fact with the way the new RC system works you could theoretically start a combo, cancel to charging then RRC and continue the combo with that move. 

I could see a super that does less damage and ends your combo but gives you cards being good though. 

They will definitely give her a new super that adds multiple cards, just like they gave johnny super that adds coins.

Edited by Mumm-Ra

Actually I didn't think a super that would give cards would be given to her but now that you've reminded me of Johnny's one I'm thinking it probably will.