Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR-Raiden

Sol vs Faust

Whens it safe to escape sol pressure? I keep finding myself trying to jump out and getting caught on the way up or getting DPd while i swim in the air,. 

Whens it safe to escape sol pressure? I keep finding myself trying to jump out and getting caught on the way up or getting DPd while i swim in the air,. 

Try not to airdash above Sol. If you do end up above Sol, you probably want to mix up either just landing with FD, early FDC JD to bait preemptive anti-airs or air throws or if you're reasonably close to the ground, maybe drill kick or bomb bag.

At a farther range, try to react to whiffed 2S with a move. Some Sols like to do IAD off 5H as well, so if you sniff that out you could probably do anything and it'll work. Jump gunflames and crawl bandit revolvers/bringers. If you end up blocking bandit revolver or bringer he's -5 and +-0, respectively.

At a closer range, try to mix up fuzzy jump, fuzzy throw, plain blocking and a bit of FD. If Sol doesn't open you up right away, you should be able to gain a bit of distance and it will transition into the 'farther range' pressure.

A few notes I have for this matchup from a Faust player's perspective:

In blockstrings, after IBing 6H, 6P beats:
-Bandit Bringer (doesn't need IB)
-Bandit Revolver (trades without IB)
-Against gunflame feint fafnir, the 6P recovers in time to block or mash super (IB makes it easier)
-Against gunflame, it loses

*5P beats all of the options listed above sans Bandit Bringer on regular block, and recovers in time to block bandit bringer after a IB 6H

-IBing 2S gives a one frame 5P>2D punish if they go for 2S 6H

-Crawling beats bandit bringer and bandit revolver and jump-ins. It's a necessity.

-Air to air is the best way to beat divekick.

-171 loses to sweep (?) *Needs further testing

Conclusion:
On defense, try to feel out the opponent's flowchart by blocking and using 5P and then counter with the appropriate response. Do not block for too long. If needed, you can scam a knockdown and/or a super to turn the tides.