Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR-Raiden

Sol vs May

May is very strong in the air, but Sol has a lot of good options to anti-air her, (Such as 5K, 2HS, and 623S/HS) which force her to play the ground game. Gunflame is a good option to cover many of May's ground options. All of May's projectiles lose to Gunflame. and all her good pokes and her Horizontal Dolphin cause her to get counter hit on it leading to you taking big damage. So because of the air and ground control Sol has over May, I find this match-up kind of rough. With a well timed instant airdash you can get in over a bad Gunflame placement, and score a knockdown, which puts May in a very advantages situation. Even when knockdown though Sol can reversal out of most of May's oki options, but these are very unsafe and can be easily punished. Also, this isn't a big deal, but May's Horizontal Dolphin does beat Sol's Riot Stamp.

A few things I still want to test, unless someone else already has an answer for me:

• Can a well timed double jump allow you to punish some of Sol's anti-air options.
  • Can May's 2HS beat Sol's Bandit Revolver/Bringer.
  • What are May's best options to get out of the corner against Sol?
  • Does May's j.S lose to Sol's 5K?

May is very strong in the air, but Sol has a lot of good options to anti-air her, (Such as 5K, 2HS, and 623S/HS) which force her to play the ground game. Gunflame is a good option to cover many of May's ground options. All of May's projectiles lose to Gunflame. and all her good pokes and her Horizontal Dolphin cause her to get counter hit on it leading to you taking big damage. So because of the air and ground control Sol has over May, I find this match-up kind of rough. With a well timed instant airdash you can get in over a bad Gunflame placement, and score a knockdown, which puts May in a very advantages situation. Even when knockdown though Sol can reversal out of most of May's oki options, but these are very unsafe and can be easily punished. Also, this isn't a big deal, but May's Horizontal Dolphin does beat Sol's Riot Stamp.

A few things I still want to test, unless someone else already has an answer for me:

• Can a well timed double jump allow you to punish some of Sol's anti-air options.
  • Can May's 2HS beat Sol's Bandit Revolver/Bringer.
  • What are May's best options to get out of the corner against Sol?
  • Does May's j.S lose to Sol's 5K?

A properly timed double jump shouldn't allow you to punish say a 5K on whiff but it should allow you to punish a whiffed 2HS and FD an incoming 623HS. 

I'm assuming you mean when Revolver is cancelled into from a normal like f.S and in that case May's 2HS should allow you to punish Bandit Revolver for a full counter hit combo cause her hurtbox lowers which could help you avoid a likely trade. I'm not sure on Bringer, could result in a trade. 

I'm assuming you mean when Revolver is cancelled into from a normal like f.S and in that case May's 2HS should allow you to punish Bandit Revolver for a full counter hit combo cause her hurtbox lowers which could help you avoid a likely trade. I'm not sure on Bringer, could result in a trade. 

2HS does indeed beat Revolver, but you can't really do it on reaction due to 2HS's startup, but it's still very rewarding off a good read. 2HS can punish Bringer as well, but the timing is extremely unreliable and most of the time it trades or it just straight out loses. 6HS can beat out Bringer, but again, you have to read the Bringer because of how slow 6HS is