Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR-Raiden

Sol vs Millia

I've been struggling in the Sol matchup, particularly in the oki department.  I don't feel like I can run mixups effectively between baiting DP (or not) when a successful bait either results in a burst (which I am not successfully baiting, often due to the weird situations you can find yourself in when punishing) or when a safe setup (or just a regular block) results in a dead angle (that I'm also having trouble baiting).

What kinds of setups do you look for against Sol?  Pin > Secret Garden?  Pin > Lust Shaker?  Pin > 6H x Secret Garden?  Chroming Rose?  What results do you expect from some of those setups?

What mixups do you try to use when you don't expect a DP?  When you do?

Do you have any particular punishes you find yourself using for common situations out of oki?

The last time I tried to play this matchup, my opponent told me that high level Millia players look for Secret Garden more than disc and I'm seeing that represented in match play that I watch, but I don't feel like I understand the theory behind the followups to that situation/setup and maximizing rewards and opportunities to the results.

pin secret garden 1642 works best for me to mixup and bait dps at the same time and pick up the pin. same setup as everyone else.

secret garden more then disc in every situation except maybe when ur opponent has burst unless u do a secret garden burst safe route