Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VR-Raiden

Sol vs Sin

Some things I have picked up on. Gun Flame gets shut down by beak driver thats that. Fafnir has insane recover and sins normals are slow, its not really a good option to try and attack after fafnir, just avoid being grabbed. Some Sol's like gunflame in the corner followed up by fafnir, if their timing is even a little off, right after gunflame you can easily fit a HawkBaker and punish but it if Sol spacing and timing is correct he can leave no opening after gun flame, just need to watch if the sol your playing is careful or just feels free to do as he pleases. 

6P works really well against an air dashing sol, just be mindful if he tries to mixup his fall times with his dive kick because there isn't enough to get two 6Ps out. It can even beat out his dive kick if you can get the spacing right. Also his full screen flying kick (sorry don't know the name) also is great for 6P counter into combo of choice. 

As far as the MU goes, it pays to be patient but you have to take advantage of any openings because if Sol starts putting that pressure on, Sin doesn't have much of an answer. If you can keep out of the corner and keep the match mid screen then I feel like Sin can really take advantage. The second Sol gets Sin in the corner, the carnage is hard to bear... I mean you can use hawk bake if he gets in too close, but if he back dashes, the pain continues... Sin has plenty of counters to Sol's moves which is why mid screen works out better. 

You can also bait grand vipers with Voltec Dein, sometimes Sol thinks he is clever. A good Sol might GV then YRC, read your player and watch his meter to know how to use Voltec Dein to open him up. He can also GV under hawk Baker but if you catch him in the first couple frames you can hit him before he goes low, chances are though if he is doing it, its out of reaction to a predictable Beak Driver in which case YRC or eat GV. 

Sorry about this but I want to ask something little off-topic. How can the combo connect in the video at 0:52. I tried it many times and the K after air dash doesn't connect. 

Sorry about this but I want to ask something little off-topic. How can the combo connect in the video at 0:52. I tried it many times and the K after air dash doesn't connect. 

It's one of Sol's hardest confirms. No secret here, your IAD must be done as fast and as low as possible, and you need to hit j.K on the first frame you can !

Be sure you're high jump cancelling before the airdash. It won't work with regular jump cancel. (High jump permits airdash 1f earlier than normal jump).